Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 93132 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 20:58:09 »

Who's Big Kev on their forum? Own up  Grin
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 21:06:32 »

Don't forget that what goes around comes around. There will come another time when we are in Oxfords position. Im glad they didn't win, although I didn't particularly care for Wycombe, but I'm not going to rub their noses in it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 21:08:14 »

Just seen that decision by James Henry to pass to Taylor instead of shooting. That'll hurt.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 21:14:15 »

Don't forget that what goes around comes around. There will come another time when we are in Oxfords position. Im glad they didn't win, although I didn't particularly care for Wycombe, but I'm not going to rub their noses in it.
Wise words. I quite like Ainsworth...I have to say although over the season Oxford were supposedly the better footballing side compared to Wycombe I feel like the Cooper squad from our last play off final had a lot more quality (based on watching this seasons semi finals and final only). On the flip side if we were to be judged on our last final performance  Suicide
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 21:22:51 »

I think man-for-man both Millwall and Preston had better sides than us. 2013 was the opportunity though. That was the one.

Sad
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 02:25:06 »

I expect Poxford have already sold out their home allocation for their big game against us next season.
Yeah. They’ll be scrabbling around for their allocation of ZERO tickets.

Had to look in on their forum. Joyously fuming on there!

Of course, their obvious fallback position of ‘at least we’re guaranteed 6 points off Swindon next season’ was followed, hilariously, by ‘the chance to make 7 in a row, 10 in a row’.

Isn’t it strange they’ve chosen to forget that Tinpot Cup game we won on pens so it isn’t even 7 in a row - especially as a good number of that ‘7’ was in the self same competition.

They are very salty at the moment. They fear the plump bin dipper will be off and taking any decent players with him as he’ll get no backing from the little Thai fella ( or whoever actually provides the money - some kind of Thai Gareth Barry).

It’s all very glorious!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 03:03:05 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 05:21:26 »

I think man-for-man both Millwall and Preston had better sides than us. 2013 was the opportunity though. That was the one.

Sad

None sure I’d agree about Millwall. They definitely had the experience and mental strength to deal with the occasion, far from a bad side don’t get me wrong but if we’d turned up...hell, even if Austin’s bobble goes in I’d have fancied our chances from there...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 05:49:53 »

Was anyone impressed with any of the Oxford players? I think the Wycombe centre back Stewart looked good, otherwise no one from either side really impressed me.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:26:20 »

Thought the penalty was shades of Chalky and Kevin Poole in 1993. The Swindon gods are shining on us....

Definite similarities! However, unlike Chalkie, who could have stayed on his feet (!), I’m not sure Wycombe’s forward could have if he had the size of two Akinfenwas. But then, a left footed Welshman also stepped up for the pen, just like Bodin. I think that’s where it stops. I can’t see Ainsworth getting Lampard’s job by the end of the week though.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:29:03 »

Was anyone impressed with any of the Oxford players? I think the Wycombe centre back Stewart looked good, otherwise no one from either side really impressed me.

Marcus Browne (loanee, so not theirs) I would have here. And Rob Dickie at the back. Liam Kelly (ex Reading) is a tidy midfielder who seemed to increase the tempo when he came on. But like all games at the moment, low on quality, and energy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:33:22 »

yeah, impossible to judge them on the playoffs. they must have been up there for a reason that they didn't show.

not impossible to laugh though
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:42:21 »

Oxford supporting mate thinks they will lose Brannagan, Dickie, Eastwood and Taylor at least
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:44:59 »

BBC radio oxford was a spectacular listen last night. Ive never heard such entitled bullshit from a sports programme.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 06:50:28 »

Oxford supporting mate thinks they will lose Brannagan, Dickie, Eastwood and Taylor at least
Is Eastwood the keeper? He looked dreadful!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 07:26:59 »

He went full Vigouroux during that game. Had a shocker
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: