Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 93243 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #390 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:03:19 »

Number of sides of ground?
Also this!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:09:36 »

I fully expect Oxford to win promotion this evening.

Just remember the last page or so when you all declare yourselves 'not bothered'.

Wink
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:11:37 »

Just seen some video on sky bet about the play off final. Some oxford bloke says that ‘oxford united need to be in the championship, were the same size as Derby’

Derry?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #393 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:22:31 »

Just remember the last page or so when you all declare yourselves 'not bothered'.

Wink
I fully expect the Pox to win too, I am actually not bothered really but would find it amusing if they failed due mostly to the reaction of their fans when we failed vs Preston a few years back.

Not for any other reason really. I have no problem with not playing them for at least 2 seasons - next season and then the season after when are promoted and them relegated Wink

For footballing reasons Pox will do better in the Championship than Wycombe, they play beter football but lack a killer edge, Wycombe play horrible ugly football but have the killer edge and will definately struggle against better skilled players in the Championship.

Either side will have to invest in better players after promotion.

It will be a battle of wits, slow passing build up from the Pox vs brutal kick and rush of Wycombe. If they dont let themselves be bullied then it could finish very one sided.

But as I said before...I thought the same about Exeter vs Northampton and that proved me wrong when brawn overcame brains.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:25:22 by Peter Venkman » Logged

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:48:02 »

Wink

It bothers me in the sense it’s another club who has surpassed us over the last 15-20 years. They’ve come from non league in that time.

I mean we are the point where we’d settle for just a season in the second d tier for novelty value.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:19:30 »

Quote from: Costanza

Wink

it's bad enough that they will be in a higher League than us for at least another season, but that it's the championship really rubs salt in the wounds.

Mind you, Wycombe doing it would also bemuse...

if they go up I hope it's a complete fucking disaster that brings them to the point of destruction and sends them on a yeovilesque death spiral to non League.

other than that, not bothered either way.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #396 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:26:13 »

Mind you, Wycombe doing it would also bemuse...

if they go up I hope it's a complete fucking disaster that brings them to the point of destruction and sends them on a yeovilesque death spiral to non League.
Did Gareth Ainsworth piss on your shoes in the loo? Cheesy

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:41:24 »

You know who I meant you tinker
Peter Venkman

« Reply #398 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:53:56 »

From Wycombes own fans....

If we go with 3 defensive minded midfielders, we have basically got a back 7 defending wave after wave of Oxford attack, and if all we do is hoof it up field and bypass the midfield it isn’t going to take long before Oxford break us down, if you thought Fleetwood gave us a football lesson, after watching Oxford

Oxford will have more possession, but that’s been the case in almost every game we’ve played including Fleetwood away and look how that turned out.

Oxford didn't look their usual sharp selves in either of the semis and you could say they were a touch fortunate to go through - the Pompey OG which ultimately took the tie to extra time was pretty comical. Fleetwood moved the ball around a lot better in the second leg than Oxford did in either - and a fatigued Wycombe still ground out a draw and had more shots on target. The final is not the time to be making any great changes to our approach imo.
I’m just crapping myself in anticipation of a humiliating defeat.

OMG how ironic a comment from possibly the worst L1 shithousery team since the Cowleys left Lincoln....
John Mousinho came clutching his face and rolling about on the floor recently was a bit grim...I did used to like Moushino when he was at Wycombe, He's behaved like a prick every time he's played against us since he left

McAnthony using his press stooges to press his point more.
Alan Swann of the Peterborough Evening Telegraph has been at it again: ‘The standard of the Oxford/Portsmouth matches was pitiful, while Fleetwood must be kicking themselves at their implosion in their first leg against Wycombe.
The Posh of March 7 would have wiped the floor with all four semi-finalists, but they were denied the opportunity by the most unforgivable piece of rule-bending in my football experience.’

This will be Oxfords first ever League play off final having never even qualified for the play offs in the league previously.

Wycombe will be in their 3rd final having a 50% win/lose ratio previously with 2 other defeats in the semi stage as well.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:15:04 »

If this is anything to go by, its going to be a classic!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #400 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:24:20 »

Form guide last 12 games -

Oxford won 6 drew 4 lost 2  scoring 21 conceding 14

Wycombe won 6 drew 1 lost 5 scoring 19 conceding 21

Wycombe have conceded 40 goals, the highest of the top 12 sides in Div 1 .

Oxford have conceded only 3 less which is also pretty high.

Wycombe have scored just 45 league 1 goals.

Whereas Oxford have scored 61, equal 2nd highest scorers in L1 with just the moaning Peterborough having scored more.

Jacobson and Akinfenwa have contributed 50% of all Wycombes goals with 11 and 10 goals respectively. Bayo hasn't even started either of the play off games yet.

Oxford have 3 players in double figures with Matt Taylor on 15 and James Henry on 14 with Fosu-Henry on 10.

I predict a few goals with Pox winning 3-2 possibly after extra time.

Valid Pint

« Reply #401 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 13:03:42 »

I think it has 0-0 written all over it.

Just hope that Pox don't win on penalties which would mean them not winning a game in the play-offs.
Panda Paws

« Reply #402 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 13:40:36 »

Either way, a poxy little club gets a random shot at the Championship, just like Burton and Yeovil before them. I'm sure both will settle back to their rightful levels.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 14:44:17 »

That might sound a bit like jealousy

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #404 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 14:46:55 »

More a statement of fact. I see both Oxford and Wycombe as similar clubs, neither of which historically belong in the second tier (if anyone belongs anywhere?).

Nor do we by the way...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: