Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92295 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:25:16 »

COVID19 and fixture list permitting, it'll be my solemn duty to be with you in the Town End v Argyle, cheering your boys on.  Cheesy

This is what it's all about. Top man. Good luck for next season (whenever that may be) but do stick around. I'll return the favour and say, I'll be in the away end v Mansfield (I live up North) when Exeter play there. I'll wear the Swindon shirt for good measure.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:31:15 »

Agree on both counts. Spent several hundred quid on a perfectly nice family day out in London which was slightly spoiled by an absolute shitshow for 2 hours in the middle.

Funny, thats exactly how we all described it! Thankfully I was pretty inebriated for the game so my memory of it is a bit hazy. Spent a fortune in the second half on hot dogs and beer. To compound our misery, Nando's in Swindon had run out of chicken when we got there after the game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:36:22 »

Spent the night near Wembley and got drunk with some Preston fans who were understandably in good spirits but very good natured.  The idiots were the Middlesborough fans who had decided they were some sort of monster club with the best fans int he world and had taken over London prior to their game the next day.  It at least distracted from the football match that I had witnessed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:11:03 »

Spent the night near Wembley and got drunk with some Preston fans who were understandably in good spirits but very good natured.  The idiots were the Middlesborough fans who had decided they were some sort of monster club with the best fans int he world and had taken over London prior to their game the next day.  It at least distracted from the football match that I had witnessed.
You saw a football match? Where?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 07:49:00 »

Funny, thats exactly how we all described it! Thankfully I was pretty inebriated for the game so my memory of it is a bit hazy. Spent a fortune in the second half on hot dogs and beer. To compound our misery, Nando's in Swindon had run out of chicken when we got there after the game.

Same !!,  left about five minutes into the second half,  went into the pub/restaurant opposite,  think it may have been an indian, that's how pissed I was even before I went in, only thing I can remember was they certainly helped me lighten my wallet to the tune of around sixty quid, god only knows who the people were who benefited from free beers !!.  Was worth the  expense just to get out of that lifeless shithole called Wembley.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:56:17 »

Same !!,  left about five minutes into the second half,  went into the pub/restaurant opposite,  think it may have been an indian, that's how pissed I was even before I went in, only thing I can remember was they certainly helped me lighten my wallet to the tune of around sixty quid, god only knows who the people were who benefited from free beers !!
tbf in a London restaurant, that's probably only 3 or 4 pints so you probably just paid for your own Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:19:22 »

6 pints and 6 hot dogs inside the ground  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #232 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:23:45 »

I won't forget the 1 can of Carlsberg and a 6 inch hotdog inside Wembley for £11.50p.

Glad I ate outside the ground before going in.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 10:59:04 »

I remember not going.

I turned the tv off after 5 minutes.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 11:09:47 »

I'm glad I was there. It makes the good times even better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 11:12:47 »

I was in Magaluf watching it in some bar getting pissed up with some bloke who was playing for Carlisle United at the time. Nice bloke.

Just been promoted with Barrow
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 13:11:08 »

Same !!,  left about five minutes into the second half,  went into the pub/restaurant opposite,  think it may have been an indian, that's how pissed I was even before I went in, only thing I can remember was they certainly helped me lighten my wallet to the tune of around sixty quid, god only knows who the people were who benefited from free beers !!.  Was worth the  expense just to get out of that lifeless shithole called Wembley.

Well it wasnt me that benefited!!?

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 13:14:11 »

Most Town fans will appreciate that you, like us, support one of the shitter teams in the league by definition, we didn't get where we are today by winning games consitantly!

You do get some fans doing the "Billy big balls" "too big for this shit league" from some but in the main we know we are where we are becuase we have not been good enough. Some fans will always think they are far better than where they are, Bolton will be one like this for you this coming season. Bradford to an extent also.

We have been there as fans, going to Wembley (you guys watching on TV) and then the entire team decide to start their Summer holiday a day early. We know EXACTLY how that feels and its difficult to stomach.

It has taken a lot of Town fans many years to get over the utter capitulation we suffered at the hands of Preston in the L1 play off final, it took the stuffing out of a lot of fans for a long long time. The lack of effort and quality, the conceding of many soft goals.

It genuinely took me until this season to fully get over it (5 years), how a team can turn up and just look like not 1 of them are bothered about winning made me and several fans question if they deserved mine/our support.

It actually took the stuffing out of the entire club and we soon fell down the league and then were relegated within 2 years.

I hope it doesnt affect your fans and players as it did many of us and all the best for next season.

It really hurt me. Lost interest.

That and the Williams season, which for me was the worst.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 13:24:32 »

I'm glad I was there. It makes the good times even better.

I even forced myself to watch the trophy being handed to Preston, just to ensure I appreciated every success thereafter.  I'm not sure I expected the next 4 years after that though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #239 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 13:27:32 »

I even forced myself to watch the trophy being handed to Preston, just to ensure I appreciated every success thereafter.  I'm not sure I expected the next 4 years after that though.
Me too, there were about 1,000 of us left inside Wembley when they lifted the trophy. We were shocking but yes I never thought it would take this long to get over.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: