Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92342 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:09:55 »

I like to keep it quiet Cheesy
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:13:07 »

Each to their own - but he’s seen by their lot as the best player in a side that has conceded fewer goals than any in the league. .
Might be wrong,  but surely Liverpool have conceded less  ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:14:05 »

Was empty when i played there

Might give the teams some tips on how to deal with the pressure

Not quite in the same league, but I have scored a brace at Dunfermline Athletic's East End Park!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:35:35 »

I like to keep it quiet Cheesy

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:40:00 »

Not quite in the same league, but I have scored a brace at Dunfermline Athletic's East End Park!

Not sure what leagues, but I scored a penalty at St James Park in a full DJ set up whilst pissed at 1am.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:43:51 »

I had Alan Shearer take the piss out of me when i missed a penalty. Closest i got to hitting the onion bag
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:27:54 »

No doubt you're all having a very relaxing day !

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:43:03 »

4D at Bormuff....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:08:52 »

Yes thanks.

Good luck tonight, I personally would rather have you guys promoted than Curles hoofers, mostly because it would easily be my closest match this coming season to attend!

Going to be a tough one for you though, Curle has his troops trained to play his style and there are a lot of quality players in his squad.

Harry Smith, Alan McCormack, Jordan Turnbull, Andy Williams, Mark Mashall and Lloyd Jones (we were close to signing Paul Anderson pre season also) so they have some decent ex Town players there.

In the last 23 games between Excetera and Fampton the Grecians have only won 3 and drawn 3 of the last 23 meeting, with the Cobblers winning 17!

Exeter form since 1st Feb LWWWLLDDLLW so just 1 win in the last 7 games (inc 2-0 defeat by Northampton).

Northampton form WLLLLWLWLLW (1 of those wins vs Exeter).

Heart wants Exeter to win, living down not far from them I know a fair few of their fans and they seem a fair bunch.

Head says Curles experience of big matches and quality in the squad along with better form means I feel they will win 3-1 without the need for extra time.

On the Northampton forum they seem averagely confident, the Exeter forum they seem very confident they will win, lots of Exeter fans seem to think Northampton are a bunch of cheats for whatever reason.

I am glad we are not in the shoes of fans of either side, may the best team win at the souless stadium.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:31:49 »

Would still like Exeter to win.  I know its pathetic, however I can hold bitterness for a long time and Northampton gained 3 points from a shit referee at our place, so come on you grecians. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:38:06 »

Would still like Exeter to win.  I know its pathetic, however I can hold bitterness for a long time and Northampton gained 3 points from a shit referee at our place, so come on you grecians. 

Some of us are still resentful of events in 65.   
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:25:35 »

Going to be a tough one for you though.......In the last 23 games between Excetera and Fampton the Grecians have only won 3 and drawn 3 of the last 23 meeting, with the Cobblers winning 17!

Indeed, a bogey team for us, and the reason why we'd have preferred to meet the other lot.  Yes

This being our fifth visit to Nou Wembley, albeit an empty one, that experience might count in our favour. For them, a bit more of a novelty, and had tickets been on sale we'd have been seriously outnumbered !

Anyway, cheers, back to chewing me fingers.....

« Last Edit: Monday, June 29, 2020, 10:34:02 by Banker » Logged
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 11:59:54 »

That Di Canio team towards the latter stages of the season was ridiculous. Barely conceded, scored for fun and had some amazing players... Oxford still beat us 2-0... with 10 men... Think they just have our number for some reason. They definitely seem to want it to more going by the most recent games.
Oxford were on a really good run when they beat us then - they promptly went on a bad one and missed the play offs! As though all they wanted was to beat us!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 12:47:00 »

That Di Canio team towards the latter stages of the season was ridiculous. Barely conceded, scored for fun and had some amazing players... Oxford still beat us 2-0... with 10 men... Think they just have our number for some reason. They definitely seem to want it to more going by the most recent games.

I just laugh thinking about Luke Williams trying to fire a team up for a derby game. Probably gave the players cake and a game of fifa
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 13:55:59 »

Its all selfish for me.

Exeter is a corking day...good pubs and not too complicated to get to on the Train.

Cobblers is a nice easy evening game..there and back like last season or stay at MK for work. Also a huge result beating the mighty Numb and pissed all over Sky Sports arse kissing of them.

But, for football reasons i back Exeter.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: