Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92358 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 09:15:15 »

Think Tozer is a solid League Two centre back. He would have fit in perfectly in a David Flitcroft side!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 09:18:53 »

Think Tozer is a solid League Two centre back. He would have fit in perfectly in a David Flitcroft side!
Absolutely this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 09:35:58 »

Have to agree with this (apart from the first bit!). I quite like Tozer, he's a decent defender IMO, but I don't think he fits how we play.
I remember him playing for us first as a young un, so I had a look back at some old posts about him by myself about 12 years ago, God I feel old!

I thought Morrison was better than Tozer but that Flint was better and worth more than Morrison and Tozer....which it turns out he was, weird that they are both playing together now at Cardiff.

one of my best mates is a Newcastle fan and season ticket holder, he says that David Edgar is a much much more talented centre back than Tozer but he admits Tozer has it in him to progress further, I personaly wasnt hugely impressed with Tozer in the 2 games I saw him play for us but hes a big physical bloke and I am sure with good coaching could go quite far.

As for Morrison I have only seen him in the ressys and he looked good, and fucking huge and a good man marker of a big centre forward, dont know what he would be like with a nippy small striker against him, he didnt strike me as being particularly agile, but he may well have progressed, again with good coaching.

Morrison has a lot more ability IMO than Tozer and hopefully will go from strength to strength with Greer alongside him, a much better option that Ifil and with shedloads of potential, hes gonna be a good un, maybe not premiership but certainly Championship level...if he continues to progress for the next few years as he is now.

The plight of Tozer sounds a lot like the plight of the other star prodigy defender we sold to Spurs....Leigh Mills.

I have to admit I was never much of a fan of Tozers, and am still shocked that Newcastle paid good money for him.

Morrison looks a much better prospect IMO.

For me Flint is worth more now than we got for Tozer and Morrisson combined and with come coaxing (like Hoddle did with Shaun Taylor) and improving his passing then this guy can be a good good player in the future, one of the best defensive prospects I have seen at Swindon in decades.

normy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 09:36:52 »

Good riddance Cheltenham I don't like bogeys!

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 09:43:11 »

Good riddance Cheltenham I don't like bogeys!
This is why I am torn about Oxford going up, they have had the "evil eye" over us for a while much as 'Numb have.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:07:57 »

This is why I am torn about Oxford going up, they have had the "evil eye" over us for a while much as 'Numb have.

That Di Canio team towards the latter stages of the season was ridiculous. Barely conceded, scored for fun and had some amazing players... Oxford still beat us 2-0... with 10 men... Think they just have our number for some reason. They definitely seem to want it to more going by the most recent games.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:09:11 »

I blame me, I haven't seen Oxford beat us when I've attended. Home or away.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:17:28 »

Me neither, I have seen us win at least 12 times since my first game vs them in 1978. Ironically the last Oxford game I attended was the last one we won when Turbo scored 2 goals to win 2-0 at the Manor.

That Di Canio team towards the latter stages of the season was ridiculous. Barely conceded, scored for fun and had some amazing players... Oxford still beat us 2-0... with 10 men... Think they just have our number for some reason. They definitely seem to want it to more going by the most recent games.
Yes there is no rhyme or reason to it, they just have the evil eye of late.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:23:45 »

Clearly a desperate attempt to shrug off your well-earned jinx tag Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:28:35 »

Clearly a desperate attempt to shrug off your well-earned jinx tag Smiley
Cheesy

I must admit I was thinking I was a jinx up until the Exeter game which was the first Town match I had attended that we have won since Yeovil away a few years back.

It was certainly my first home attended win since Bristol City in 2013!

I think its still safest and me and 4D not to attend too many Wink sorry 4D Cheesy

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:37:12 »

Cheesy

I must admit I was thinking I was a jinx up until the Exeter game which was the first Town match I had attended that we have won since Yeovil away a few years back.

It was certainly my first home attended win since Bristol City in 2013!

I think its still safest and me and 4D not to attend too many Wink sorry 4D Cheesy
Yep, you should both be kept in isolation for your own and others' well-being except for two occasions next season when we play that lot and then we can wheel you out to reverse jinx it before locking you both back up in storage again
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:55:47 »

FA are still paying back the money they borrowed to build it so not suprising that they're keeping the League to the contract

Used to be every player's dream to play at Wembley. Very few would have imagined it being empty !

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:57:02 »

Used to be every player's dream to play at Wembley. Very few would have imagined it being empty !

Was empty when i played there

Might give the teams some tips on how to deal with the pressure
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:59:56 »

I've enjoyed the League Two play-offs more than any other football which has returned recently, I think my brain is rotted from too much lower league football. I hope Exeter win the final, nothing against Northampton but success at Exeter is success for sensible football club management, and it'll keep the annoying Plymouth fans occupied.

League One POs will be good too assuming Oxford lose, goes without saying but, come on Pompy.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 12:04:18 »

Was empty when i played there

Might give the teams some tips on how to deal with the pressure

You never mentioned that you played at Wembley?  Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: