Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1k, 10k, 1m  (Read 15554 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 12:57:11 »

It was a joke mate.  Chill out.

Not tried the meditation yet, no?  Cheesy

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:12:54 »

Was joteddyred given stick for being a woman or because she was incessantly negative with her posts?

I must confess that was my (admittedly vague) recollection.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:13:42 »

It was a joke mate.  Chill out.

Not tried the meditation yet, no?  Cheesy

You insult Johnson, you insult his whole family, including 4D  Wink Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:19:18 »

Was joteddyred given stick for being a woman or because she was incessantly negative with her posts?

So every woman that goes to football knows nothing about the game, sits there shrieking throughout and I suppose you also think the reason we rally go is to watch 22 men running around?  It pisses me off that in 2010 some blokes still think women don't belong at football. 

It would be interesting to know how many female season ticket holders there are, I think people might be surprised, because there's an awful lot of females at the County Ground week in and week out certainly in the Arkells and DRS.  If we were to all stop going the attendance figures would decrease significantly.

On a personal note, having been brought up in a football mad household, I know more about football than most of the blokes who drink in my local and have taken money off a fair few of them on the basis of my knowledge.

And finally, there's plenty of blokes who sit near me who seem to have little or no idea of the rules of the game judging by some of the comments that they make!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:35:12 »

I'm glad she no longer comments here.

That she's a woman is irrelevant.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:35:42 »

I'm sad we turned her off posting myself
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:52:53 »

That was 10 years ago, she only left a year or so ago.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:57:18 »

Concur.

When did she last post? Did I imagine it or did you know (..or know of her) outside of here because of youth football?

That said I personally don’t recall her getting any stick specifically for being a woman.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 13:57:56 »

That was 10 years ago, she only left a year or so ago.
Yes but I was just quoting an example that I remembered, there may be more, the date is irrelevant.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:02:41 »

The gradual loss of our female regulars over the years has been sad to see.... and obviously a variety of reasons involved, just like with lapsed male regulars, it's just because there have always been fewer the loss has been noticed more.

When the reasons for quitting are to do with bullying rather than say growing up or having kids etc then the individuals concerned could do with having a bit of a think about it, but closed minds are difficult to open.
Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:07:18 »

Sue was my favourite female poster.

I'm sure most women kept themselves to themselves for fear of TalkTalk's seduction by a thousand cuts.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:17:01 »

Sue was my favourite female poster.

I'm sure most women kept themselves to themselves for fear of TalkTalk's seduction by a thousand cuts.

I don't remember a Sue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:21:34 »

I don't remember a Sue.

It was Spacey pretending to be a bird. No doubt I remember the posts better than they were, but being Spacey I'm sure it was clever and subtle. I think Fred was being pulled at one point.

I expect the posts still exist in the database, might have a look.
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:23:00 »

lolz
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, June 18, 2020, 14:27:25 »

Concur.

When did she last post? Did I imagine it or did you know (..or know of her) outside of here because of youth football?

That said I personally don’t recall her getting any stick specifically for being a woman.

I know her, we went to school together.  She left because she was getting a lot of personal responses to her posts in the football related stuff I think - she had a bit of a Here we Go Again style to her posts and got jumped on a bit.

I know a few others who post.

It's a tough call on the bullying aspect - I don;t really take anything posted personally, it's an exchange of text with humour and emotion often implied by the reader.  I think the only time I remember being nasty by intent was towards someone in a match day thread about the three chaps that used to sit in the first block of the DR stand and moan every fucking game.  I appreciate the irony in me moaning about the moaners, but they really got my goat that day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: