Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 32018 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 22:58:58 »

There were no drinking establishments open at Luton airport that I could see, so no opportunities for people to take pictures of their pints of lager to put on social media!

sorry Bamboo, I did see that message but we've been so busy getting our gaff in London sorted to get it on the market on Tuesday so I haven't had a chance to reply. I'm not being ignorant, promise!! Smiley

Um, I think we did upgrade slightly so that we could book a seat nearer the front of the plane. The thinking behind this was that I thought there would be loads of checks at the airport so wanted to get off as quick as possible. As it occurred there were barely any checks and the cases took bloody ages anyway so was a bit of a frivolous purchase in the end.

That's cool mate. I'm sure you've settled in pretty quickly. Enjoy that cold Efes you lucky man! Will be there asap.

Cheers on the heads up and does seem that once on the plane most people will "social distance" sensibly if the plane is only say a third full. Turkey has struggled to get several brits travelling out there in recent times, thanks to some bad press so no doubt with the addition of Covid, even more will choose not to travel (kind of fine by me). Talking about masks etc over there, my mate said that there was meant to be a 900tL fine for anyone caught not wearing one in a shop or establishment et al but he then went on to say that it doesn't seem to be being severely enforced. Possibly as you mentioned, that people are just mostly wearing them out there when required.

Catch up on your DM as and when  Wink Cheers

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 06:39:05 »

ooops. there goes France into the quarentine list from Saturday
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 10:58:18 »

these people on the news expressing their shock and anger that there holiday, during a pandemic to countries like france with hugely worrying numbers over the last 2 weeks, is being cut short. the risk was there last week when they travelled
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 11:01:57 »

these people on the news expressing their shock and anger that there holiday, during a pandemic to countries like france with hugely worrying numbers over the last 2 weeks, is being cut short. the risk was there last week when they travelled
But possibly not in June when they saw the Downing St-briefed "Boris Saves Summer Holidays" headlines and booked the holiday?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 11:56:12 »

But possibly not in June when they saw the Downing St-briefed "Boris Saves Summer Holidays" headlines and booked the holiday?

I see that but i also see that when you book such a holiday in June you must be booking with the knowledge that it may be cancelled, you have get stuck, you may have to quarantine. The situation across europe is changing all the time and it a risk you take
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 12:08:32 »

I see that but i also see that when you book such a holiday in June you must be booking with the knowledge that it may be cancelled, you have get stuck, you may have to quarantine. The situation across europe is changing all the time and it a risk you take

This is my stand point....Canaries in October... I will wait and see what pans out...

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 12:16:50 »

Sure, although I think that's a lot clearer now than it was in June when the message was very much that we were getting on top of it and the direction of travel was all about opening up. Likewise a lot of people caught in France now will have booked well before there was a pandemic. Just think there is some scope for sympathy rather than derision in both instances.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 12:18:30 »

Sure, although I think that's a lot clearer now than it was in June when the message was very much that we were getting on top of it and the direction of travel was all about opening up.

I think the main driver was whether, when politicians are involved, you are a cynical bastard or not. If this lot told me the grass was green I would look at our sources for clarification.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 12:18:57 »

Quite.  You must book knowing it's a risk right now. If you can afford to take the gamble, why not, but don't complain if it does fall apart.

edit: and I'm only talking about people making the booking since Jan 2020.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 13:20:52 »

I think the main driver was whether, when politicians are involved, you are a cynical bastard or not. If this lot told me the grass was green I would look at our sources for clarification.
Well, yes, there's a reason why I didn't rush out and book a holiday when the govt were assuring us we should all do so to get the economy going again, just think it's a bit harsh to blame those who did trust the messaging at the time and who have now lost money or had holidays spoiled as a result of trusting the advice they were given
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 13:34:53 »

Never trust a Tory
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, August 16, 2020, 06:48:50 »

Was looking to book a holiday abroad,  not taking the chance,  went out and bought a dog with the money.  (Well,  went out and got a rescue dog but he's still cost me a fortune - but still worth every penny just to get him away from the life he had).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, August 16, 2020, 06:54:28 »

Was looking to book a holiday abroad,  not taking the chance,  went out and bought a dog with the money.  (Well,  went out and got a rescue dog but he's still cost me a fortune - but still worth every penny just to get him away from the life he had).

Brilliant.  It'll be so rewarding.  Rescue is my favourite breed.

We have a rescue, a wreck when we got him, so much better now. You'll need time, patience and calmness.   If you want to ask any questions, please do.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, August 16, 2020, 07:11:28 »

Brilliant.  It'll be so rewarding.  Rescue is my favourite breed.

We have a rescue, a wreck when we got him, so much better now. You'll need time, patience and calmness.   If you want to ask any questions, please do.
Thanks mate,  will do.  This is our second rescue dog, totally different,   was in 'shut down' mode for the first 10 days or so, starting to come out of his shell now after 3 weeks,  but think it's going to be a long job getting his full trust.   5 years old, knows nothing about human interaction,  was a stud dog on a puppy farm shut in a cage all of his life then dumped once he had finished his job.   Sorry to rattle on but how the fuck can people treat a dog  like that ??,  Bastards.

* 20200816_082803.jpg (859.3 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 179 times.)
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 16, 2020, 07:21:42 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, August 16, 2020, 07:42:16 »

Thanks mate,  will do.  This is our second rescue dog, totally different,   was in 'shut down' mode for the first 10 days or so, starting to come out of his shell now after 3 weeks,  but think it's going to be a long job getting his full trust.   5 years old, knows nothing about human interaction,  was a stud dog on a puppy farm shut in a cage all of his life then dumped once he had finished his job.   Sorry to rattle on but how the fuck can people treat a dog  like that ??,  Bastards.

At least he's got a good home now.  Looks lovely, too.  Good luck, mate.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: