Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31953 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 18:55:18 »

Quote from: 4D
I'll be wearing a mask on my flight

they aren't optional.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 19:20:59 »

Bang goes the in flight tipple  Roll Eyes
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 20:33:25 »

To help the economy, we should all holiday in the UK and fill up our wonderful beaches, resorts, pubs and restaurants.

I got a weeks all inclusive holiday with flights cheaper than a week at a caravan park in Cornwall.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, July 4, 2020, 20:39:36 »

I got a weeks all inclusive holiday with flights cheaper than a week at a caravan park in Cornwall.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. 

Nothing to see here
Valid Pint

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 06:44:36 »

I cancelled one holiday to a European country. I then booked another holiday to a different European country with more user-friendly guidance on exiting on re-entering the UK. I have since returned to work, have not tested positive for coronavirus, and I enjoyed my pub crawl yesterday.

It was a nice break btw.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:01:30 »

Travelling abroad at the moment doesn't appeal to me at all. Guess I'm in the minority here with that view.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:27:07 »

I'm with you

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:52:29 »

I'm supposed to go to Spain in late August with friends - Wife and friends still want to go, but I'm not too keen!  No

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:52:54 »

Travelling abroad at the moment doesn't appeal to me at all. Guess I'm in the minority here with that view.

Travelling with my family to hotels with restrictions around the sun loungers / pool / bars / restaurants sounds shit.

Leaving them behind and going on my own - sounds ok!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:39:00 »

I kind of agree. Though I need a break from work.

Trouble is, its nearly 2K down the swanny if we don't go.

I guess it comes down to what you think the health risk and quality of holiday will be.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:10:35 »

Same Batch, although if I cancel now it would be just a £600 loss for the flights. I need to decide in the next 2 weeks  Sad
I'm most concerned about getting stuck there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:24:30 »

I'm not!

my employer may see it differently Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:44:17 »

Has anyone been on a plane yet since the recent announcements? I think I saw some problems with people on Ryanair flights not wearing masks properly etc but wondered in general how travelling was in general.

I now have a work laptop and the wife really wants to go to Ireland to see her parents but is very concerned about taking Covid across the pond especially as her dad has health issues. I guess taking the ferry might be an option but as we don't have a car, that's going to involve trains, which I guess are less risky than flying.

We also want to go to Turkey and might try and go out there for a sustained period just to get away from London, but its a 4 hour flight to Izmir (or longer if we go through Istanbul). Apparently they haven't had any cases in the town where our apartment is so again, we don't want to bring Covid over for a holiday! That said, we could happily quarantine if required.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:43:15 »

^^^ it's also not clear how much protection everybody wearing a facemask provides.

it's not being in the plane that's the issue in itself, air circulation and filtration is actually very good

it's sitting near the infected...

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 12:04:46 »

Completely understand if you are set to lose money on a pre booked holiday. That's a dilemma for sure. I just don't fancy getting on a plane at the moment. I'd say the same about a bus or train too. Not for me at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: