Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 32034 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:59:18 »

I didn't have anything booked.

As I'm working from home, I'm tempted to just book a 2 or 3 week break somewhere in the UK and just work from somewhere else for a change of scenery.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:10:58 »

Lost a long weekend cycling in Belgium in May. got Ferry refunded and guy we had booked accommodation from in Ypres agreed to refund (Although we did lose a bit as the pound dropped further against the euro between booking and refund), was a bit of a win win, as because he was such a good bloke about it he will get our booking when we go next year (hopefully!) Left the refunds with the mates who did the booking (as farting around dong refunds amongst ourselves would be a ballache) so holiday is basically paid for when we do rebook.

Digressing a bit, but were you going to use the Newcastle-Amsterdam crossing for that, and have you used it before?  I'd be interested to hear what you thought if it if you have.

Thanks.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:11:22 »

Usually go abroad on holiday 2 - 3 times a year.  Putting that on hold for the foreseeable future.  

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:18:05 »

Digressing a bit, but were you going to use the Newcastle-Amsterdam crossing for that, and have you used it before?  I'd be interested to hear what you thought if it if you have.

Thanks.

No sorry, we always use Hull - Zeebrugge/Rotterdam for our trips to the low countries which has always been fine, albeit the on board entertainment on the overnight boat can be a bit Phoenix Nights.

I have planned to use to Newcastle - ijmuiden (to give it its Sunday name) route in the future when I have a vague plan to tour Friesland and its islands on my bike.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:27:23 »

OK, thanks mate.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:42:40 »

OK, thanks mate.

Mate of mine went on one of the cruises they did (get the overnight boat out, have a day in Amsterdam and then get next night boat back) with his girlfriend when we were students in Newcastle so c. *cough* 25 years back, she has been his wife for about 20 odd years now so obviously it wasn't that bad!
china red

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:26:22 »

We'd booked to head over to Egypt for a couple of weeks in April, TUI cancelled the holiday due to travel advice and whilst it took about 6 weeks we got a full refund.  Tbh, given the situation I was impressed with them

Don't think we'll be going anywhere now, start a masters degree in July and its going to be full on by the sounds of it as well as working full time....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:28:11 »

Were supposed to be going to Turkey in a week but hadn't booked flights so we are now hoping we might be able to get away in September for a few weeks.

I have booked a long weekend for the August Bank Holiday in Porto for the wife's birthday through BA holidays. I'm hopeful we might still be able to go but BA have advised I can delay the trip easily enough so could push into next year when travel might be more 'normal'

The wife is also desperate to go to Ireland to see her family so we're umming and aahing about hiring a car and driving over when things are relaxed a bit further.

So far the closest thing to a holiday we've had this year is an afternoon in Battersea park drinking gin and tonics out of cans!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:29:14 »

Mate of mine went on one of the cruises they did (get the overnight boat out, have a day in Amsterdam and then get next night boat back) with his girlfriend when we were students in Newcastle so c. *cough* 25 years back, she has been his wife for about 20 odd years now so obviously it wasn't that bad!

It's likely to be our main holiday route to eastern France after we've moved...although the move itself is dragging now.  But we'll get there eventually.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:45:40 by Ardiles » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:31:11 »

I still have the balance to pay at the end of July, I'm guessing if I decide not to go and don't pay that then I just lose the deposit? I need to read the small print.

Read up on it.

I was in the same boat...there was also a 'cancellation fee' as well as losing the deposit...so i paid it all and got it all back.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:31:29 »

FYI, she posts on here as Valid Pint or something  Soapy Tit Wank

Yikes!! Sad

Clems Army!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 11:50:08 »

Had a week booked in Woolacombe  in April which have moved to September..
Supposed to flying out for 2 weeks in Lanzerote next week which obv isnt going to happen. Could have waited for them to cancel for a refund but moved it to next  year as didnt know how long this was going to go on for ( moved it back in April )

Hopefully some sort of normality ( socially distanced or otherwise ) will return by the time either of those take place.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 12:23:05 »

It's likely to be our main holiday route to eastern France after we've moved...although the move itself is dragging now.  But we'll get there eventually.

Where you moving to?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 12:51:28 »

My stag do was supposed be the weekend just gone and obviously didn't go ahead. I didn't organise anything but I believe we got flight / accommodation vouchers with some struggle.

My "honeymoon" in the US in August was all booked but now the flights have been cancelled & refunded. Hopeful we'll be allowed to travel still but it's not looking likely.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:07:42 »

I actually forgot my half-brother is getting married in Florida in December and we're supposed to be going over for that. A few days in New Orleans prior to the wedding which we are looking forward to. Still hopeful that we can get across but not massively surprising if we can't of course.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: