Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31952 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 21:26:00 »

I see Virgin Money are putting on a drive up music festival in Newcastle - you get your own little platform for each car.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/virgin-money-unity-arena-socially-distance-venue-uk-1024272/
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 21:46:25 »

I see Virgin Money are putting on a drive up music festival in Newcastle - you get your own little platform for each car.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/virgin-money-unity-arena-socially-distance-venue-uk-1024272/

Im spending a month in a carpark in Bristol event managing something similar.

https://www.livenation.co.uk/festival/utilita-live-from-the-drive-in-bristol-tickets

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 09:31:39 »

Im spending a month in a carpark in Bristol event managing something similar.

https://www.livenation.co.uk/festival/utilita-live-from-the-drive-in-bristol-tickets
That's got to be good news, getting some work again. Does the outlook look a bit better now or still pretty ropey in medium term?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 14:21:11 »

Still pretty ropey.  Reckon January.  Ive been lucky and should have enough money to carry me through till then.  Ive got a lot of friends who are starting to loose it though.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 14:37:20 »

Still pretty ropey.  Reckon January.  Ive been lucky and should have enough money to carry me through till then.  Ive got a lot of friends who are starting to loose it though.

Best of luck, hopefully things pick up sooner than then.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 14:42:20 »

Thanks.  Ill just be very bored, but probably get to more games if we're allowed to go back.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 14:47:57 »

I'm in Torbaydos. Pretty quiet really and all the places I've been in are very conscientious of the virus. Wait to be seated most places, some still closed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 15:18:58 »

We are off to Northumberland in a couple of weeks just hope the weather is OK as I expect its going to be a lot of walks, gardens and beaches as most things seem to be shut.

One slight concern is that the timetable seems to broadly tie in with the virus incubation period working forward from 'Super Saturday', Christ knows what happens if we go back into lockdown whilst we are away?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 15:28:33 »

One slight concern is that the timetable seems to broadly tie in with the virus incubation period working forward from 'Super Saturday', Christ knows what happens if we go back into lockdown whilst we are away?

I think you should know by now that if anything like that occurs, you just drive a bit further up the NE coast and check your eyesight.

By the way, did you see the lovely bit of snide digging Starmer did (not that he even needs to) towards Cummings with a certain tin of beer?  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 15:57:44 »

We are off to Northumberland in a couple of weeks just hope the weather is OK as I expect its going to be a lot of walks, gardens and beaches as most things seem to be shut.

Comfortably one of my favourite counties. Bamburgh, Seahouses, Cragside, Alnwick, The Borders, Once Brewed, Morpeth.

Lovely stuff.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 18:48:21 »

Comfortably one of my favourite counties. Bamburgh, Seahouses, Cragside, Alnwick, The Borders, Once Brewed, Morpeth.

Lovely stuff.

Northumberland is rather wonderful..... to your list I'd add Linisfarne and a trip to the Farne Islands. Parts of Hadrian's wall can be found, but for me the magic is in the more or less unique in England..... rock art, otherwise known as cup and ring marks.

Bronze Age in date, and an excuse to buy the books of Northumberland rock art guru Stan Beckensall

So exciting to stumble across empty moor and find this stuff just lurking around
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 19:28:50 »

Bronze Age

The third best age.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 21:10:32 »

The third best age.

I do prefer the cretaceous era. Rennie for your thoughts?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:11:36 »

I'm thinking of trying to postpone my Spanish holiday to later in the year. I'm not confident that everything will be functioning normally next month, it's a gamble, plus it looks like I would have to sign a waiver which I'm not happy about.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:17:14 »

who is making you sign the waver 4d?

things aren't going to be back to normal for a very long time.. but delaying may mean they are better practiced at the 'new normal' and you can see if they work in practice
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: