Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Booked Holidays - what's happening with yours?  (Read 31955 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:19:33 »

What does signing the Waiver entail?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:32:11 »

What does signing the Waiver entail?

You have to hold a pen and write a stylised version of you name on a special piece of paper.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:37:22 »

I heard Bernard Sumner and Johnny Marr come along to help. Then occasionally Tennant out the Pet shop boys and the bloke from Kraftwerk appear.

it's an Electronic signature
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:50:43 »

I knew as soon as I hit 'post' that there would be helpful responses in how to sign your name on a piece of paper!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:54:42 »

I think you should know by now that if anything like that occurs, you just drive a bit further up the NE coast and check your eyesight.

By the way, did you see the lovely bit of snide digging Starmer did (not that he even needs to) towards Cummings with a certain tin of beer?  Soapy Tit Wank

If you are implying we drive to Barnard Castle that's south of Northumberland Wink, Christ if I go north that's Seahouses or Berwick, neither of which are very good for your eyesight.

Yeah I did see Starmers work, although his giving publicity to the corporate monolith of Brew Dog and their rather dubious ownership model would seem to rather contradict what Labour stand for.

Comfortably one of my favourite counties. Bamburgh, Seahouses, Cragside, Alnwick, The Borders, Once Brewed, Morpeth.

Lovely stuff.

Suspect we will be doing a fair few of those again this year in the absence of other places being open.

Northumberland is rather wonderful..... to your list I'd add Linisfarne and a trip to the Farne Islands. Parts of Hadrian's wall can be found, but for me the magic is in the more or less unique in England..... rock art, otherwise known as cup and ring marks.

Bronze Age in date, and an excuse to buy the books of Northumberland rock art guru Stan Beckensall

So exciting to stumble across empty moor and find this stuff just lurking around

Who knows with Lindisfarne, its a bit of a hike to get to as we are down Alnmouth way, and frankly having been there 3/4 times before its actually pretty boring after a few visits, albeit might be nicer for once with fewer people there.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:05:26 »

I'm thinking of trying to postpone my Spanish holiday to later in the year. I'm not confident that everything will be functioning normally next month, it's a gamble, plus it looks like I would have to sign a waiver which I'm not happy about.
Waiver for what? Health issues or just that you might not get the holiday you originally booked? Could well imagine there might be quite a lot of stuff not open or restricted
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:13:31 »

I'm thinking of trying to postpone my Spanish holiday to later in the year. I'm not confident that everything will be functioning normally next month, it's a gamble, plus it looks like I would have to sign a waiver which I'm not happy about.

Well spain is pretty much totally back to normal. The only thing different is you have to wear face masks. Bars restaurants theme parks museums all running fine. Only issue currently is tourists arriving and not complying with law.

Everywhere has sanitizer outside that you must use before entering. There are no menus in restaurants. Every table has a QS code on it which you scan to see menus. The beaches are monitored by drones and have apps to tell you if they are too busy. To be honest it’s all pretty slick and running like a dream.

I’m in the high risk category and feel totally safe
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:40:37 »

In other words not worth visiting for holiday's then..  why so many people are desperate to get away on holiday (if they haven't already booked ahead of Covid) is beyond me..  The same people will be shouting later in the year that they spent X amount on a holiday and it was ruined by the (understandable) restrictions in place.. and they want a refund etc..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:48:18 »

who is making you sign the waver 4d?

things aren't going to be back to normal for a very long time.. but delaying may mean they are better practiced at the 'new normal' and you can see if they work in practice

The travel company I booked the package with. It's basically along the lines that I accept that products, services etc may be subject to short notice change. I take that as measures may be put in place at the resort or hotel due to Covid 19, which might mean closing the pool, restrictions etc. I don't want to spend a couple of grand to be sat in a hotel room  Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:50:49 »

Well spain is pretty much totally back to normal. The only thing different is you have to wear face masks. Bars restaurants theme parks museums all running fine. Only issue currently is tourists arriving and not complying with law.

Everywhere has sanitizer outside that you must use before entering. There are no menus in restaurants. Every table has a QS code on it which you scan to see menus. The beaches are monitored by drones and have apps to tell you if they are too busy. To be honest it’s all pretty slick and running like a dream.

I’m in the high risk category and feel totally safe

Thanks Mex. Supposed to be going to the costa Costa Brava. Can you see things going south again?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:53:00 »

The travel company I booked the package with. It's basically along the lines that I accept that products, services etc may be subject to short notice change. I take that as measures may be put in place at the resort or hotel due to Covid 19, which might mean closing the pool, restrictions etc. I don't want to spend a couple of grand to be sat in a hotel room  Smiley

Dare I suggest you just use your common sense?  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 09:55:37 »

Thanks Mex. Supposed to be going to the costa Costa Brava. Can you see things going south again?
I'd have thought the Costa Brava's likely to stay where it is tbh.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 10:01:21 »

Dare I suggest you just use your common sense?  Wink

The resort closing things at short notice has nothing to do with me using common sense.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 11:14:33 »

The only thing about the costa brava and Catalonia in general is that it was one of the most badly hit areas. The far west of Catalonia was placed in lockdown again last week. Best start reading something like el pais daily .
Panda Paws

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 11:17:46 »

We were due to go to Barcelona in October to see Elton John. Gig is obviously cancelled, so we'll knock it on the head and lose the cash on the flights.

It strikes me as a very British thing to be desperate for a holiday. Not sure why. The missus is crawling up the walls at the thought of not getting away this year.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: