Poll
Question: What would you rather
Oxford lose to Pompey in the play off semis - 11 (23.4%)
Oxford beat Pompey, lose the final in heartbreaking fashion - 16 (34%)
Don't care - 20 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What would you rather  (Read 7927 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:40:14 »

Wouldn’t normally post something like this, but Portsmouth are the only footballl club I have any fandom for at the moment

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:44:34 »

Edited for you.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 17:52:26 »

Is this tinpot?

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 14, 2020, 11:48:45 »

Couldn't really care less,   but hope they get dumped out of the play-offs miserably and we do the double over them next season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 20:21:39 »

I think losing to an 80th minute penalty after being the better side and wasting numerous chances to win it counts as heartbreaking fashion

Lovely

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 20:48:08 »

Ooh, I picked the correct one.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 20:55:38 »

Tonight was acceptable  Pint
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 21:04:36 »

I think losing to an 80th minute penalty after being the better side and wasting numerous chances to win it counts as heartbreaking fashion

Lovely
Spot on. Wycombe in the Championship is a travesty. Hilariously so
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 08:13:20 »

Ooh, I picked the correct one.
Ditto!

Spot on. Wycombe in the Championship is a travesty. Hilariously so
Absolutely, they play a shocking style of football, very Lawrie Sanchez/John Beck style.

In L1 they can get away with it, in the Championship they will be mullered.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 08:29:02 »

How Oxford lost that is fairly ridiculous, they were far and away the better side but wasted all of their chances (their only goal was a fluke) trying to walk the ball into the net. That said, Wycombe defended very well.

Wycombe's one tactic was to welly it long to a target man who was beaten to the ball repeatedly and rely on set pieces. Clearly it worked so Ainsworth has to be applauded, and let's be perfectly fair, to get Wycombe into the Championship is an incredible achievement regardless of how it was done.

Initial thoughts are that I expect both Oxford and us to be around mid-table next season, with an outside change of nebbing into the play-offs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 08:45:59 »

At least Oxford will have 2 cup finals to look forward to next season Wink

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 08:51:41 »

Wycombe obviously have a successful game plan which plays to their strengths.  You can't blame them for exploiting that. Time will tell whether they get found out at the next level.

I am sure that their 3000 odd supporters will be delighted to be able to mix it in the Championship, even if it is for one season.

Nothing to see here
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 08:54:24 »

Good luck to Wycombe. Decent, well run club.
Wouldn't bet against them hanging around in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 09:21:50 »

Wycombe obviously have a successful game plan which plays to their strengths.  You can't blame them for exploiting that. Time will tell whether they get found out at the next level.
Ainsworth has a style which suits his players, wether or not he bought players in to play his way or he played that way to get the best from the players at his disposal I can't say for certain, but its workmanlike, ugly, dirty, niggly, long ball set piece heavy style thats very professional at the expense of entertainment.

But football results are not based on entertainment, they are about building a solid unit of players that know their job and play to a style that they get results from.

Wycombe have certainly done that.

I would hate for us to have that style of play, like Flitcroft+VAT and delivery. Even under Macari we were direct and speedy on the counter but we never just lumped the ball up to a massive target man to try and win at every opportunity, Bamber and White wouldn't have won much in the air if we did!

It does make me so glad we have Wellens who doesn't have to adapt the team to that dull style to get results and we as fans can enjoy watching matches involving Swindon, sometimes even if we have been beaten.

Wycombes style will win them no new fans but it will win them a few matches, wether it will be enough to stay up or not we will see but my gut feeling is that this is their high spot already.
I am sure that their 3000 odd supporters will be delighted to be able to mix it in the Championship, even if it is for one season.
A la Yeovil a couple of years back, enjoy the ride.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 09:30:51 »

Ainsworth has a style which suits his players, wether or not he bought players in to play his way or he played that way to get the best from the players at his disposal I can't say for certain, but its workmanlike, ugly, dirty, niggly, long ball set piece heavy style thats very professional at the expense of entertainment.

But football results are not based on entertainment, they are about building a solid unit of players that know their job and play to a style that they get results from.

Wycombe have certainly done that.

I would hate for us to have that style of play, like Flitcroft+VAT and delivery. Even under Macari we were direct and speedy on the counter but we never just lumped the ball up to a massive target man to try and win at every opportunity, Bamber and White wouldn't have won much in the air if we did!

It does make me so glad we have Wellens who doesn't have to adapt the team to that dull style to get results and we as fans can enjoy watching matches involving Swindon, sometimes even if we have been beaten.

Wycombes style will win them no new fans but it will win them a few matches, wether it will be enough to stay up or not we will see but my gut feeling is that this is their high spot already.A la Yeovil a couple of years back, enjoy the ride.

In some respects, I would take a couple of seasons of hoof ball and 'shithousery' if that yielded a change in fortunes.

Nothing to see here
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: