Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver Player of the Year  (Read 6662 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 12:20:49 »

Grant

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 12:46:46 »

1. Doyle. 2. Grant 3. Hunt
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 13:32:12 »

I also like the fact that he equalled it and he gets my vote for that achievement.
Grant was my favourite player and would thoroughly deserve a Player of the Year award should it come his way.

However, Doyle's achievement in being the first player to equal Fleming's record in 100 years is special and he should clearly edge it.  IMO.

Doughty's omission is baffling.  No. 1 in Lg 2 for the killer pass.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 14:09:45 »

Don't get me wrong, I would be surprised and disappointed if we didn't sign DJ (assuming we will actually be in a position to sign players at some point) but I reckon even he would be surprised to be in the conversation for POTY ahead of the likes of Hunt and Doughty.

I don't know why they couldn't have compiled a list of all the players with at least, say, 20 appearances and put that up. We all know it's a coin toss between Doyle and Grant but if you're going to do something, do it properly...

I'm sure the award was split one year back in the 80's (don't remember if it was the Adver or Supporters Club)...Colin Gordon / Chris Ramsey maybe? I may be just making shit up now...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 13, 2020, 15:17:46 »

Grant was my favourite player and would thoroughly deserve a Player of the Year award should it come his way.

However, Doyle's achievement in being the first player to equal Fleming's record in 100 years is special and he should clearly edge it.  IMO.

Doughty's omission is baffling.  No. 1 in Lg 2 for the killer pass.

Don't you start...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 08:31:17 »

I see Anthony Grant won it by a fair margin in the end. 50% of the total vote with 43% going to Doyle.

Thats some compliment for a holding midfielder to beat a striker that scored in 11 consecutive matches breaking a near 100 year old record, who scored a hattrick and finished with 25 goals from 29 appearances in all competitions and still not be POTY.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 08:33:14 »

Grant was loving it on the Supporters Club presentation video the other night
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 08:38:12 »

Grant was loving it on the Supporters Club presentation video the other night

I would imagine it means a lot to him... especially as Doyle, had equalled Harry Morris's 100 year old scoring in consecutive games record and got all the chants.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 08:56:08 »

30 minutes of Vic's chat with Anthony and Eoin will be released on the LSPOD feed tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: