Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So today could well be the day.....  (Read 40480 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 01:23:51 »

I know we discovered a few teams named champions after finishing the season second - but has a team ever won the league with a lower total than 69 points (since three points for a win)

See Coventry City 2019/20  Champions BD  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 01:25:29 »

Considering we hardly ever win on a Tuesday, this is pretty big Tuesday night win for the Town. Maybe we can finally put the "Sat-Tues-Sat" myth to bed?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Valid Pint

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 05:54:14 »

If it does, and I wasn't taking muich notice of Div 3 back in the football season, it would be the first time they've made the PO's in the 33 years of their existence..... we've had 8 appearances. Of those 8 appearances we've only ever lost the semi once in open play, with another 2 on pens.
Poxford lost to Exeter in the POs the first season the "invincibles" were relegated back to non-League. How we laughed.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 08:33:41 »

Poxford lost to Exeter in the POs the first season the "invincibles" were relegated back to non-League. How we laughed.
Swindonian, Agent Zebowski, missing a penalty for the Pox in the shoot out.  He deserves a statue.   Ahem.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 08:41:58 »

*Debbie Downer alert*

For me ever since Lockdown I have had a bit of a malaise about football, I wasn't missing it at all and I don't understand why. That feeling hasn't really changed to be honest and the announcement that we were champions was all a bit 'meh' for me. My celebration was 2 bottles of Coors light and winning £120 on a zoom poker session with friends.

Of course I add my sincere congratulations to Wellens and the players who have been superb this season and provided some memorable moments - Plymouth away, Exeter and Crewe at home stick out in my mind (I was at the latter 2 games, fantastic!).

I'm hopeful that when next season begins and fans are allowed back in I might get my STFC mojo back but I'm a bit concerned that being default Champions and promotion back to a League 1 with some big clubs in it just isn't stirring any emotions. Perhaps the whole Covid thing has sucked the life out of me (although I am more than content with my lockdown experience)

Good news that Lydon and Baudry are likely to sign new deals, if we can get Grant and Doyle signed up and Yates and Benda on loans again, I'd like to think we wouldn't struggle.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 08:48:27 »

Swindonian, Agent Zebowski, missing a penalty for the Pox in the shoot out.  He deserves a statue.   Ahem.

Well, there may very well soon be a space spare for one in the centre of Oxford

I come from a land down-under
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 08:50:46 »

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 10:27:58 »

My celebration was 2 bottles of Coors light and winning £120 on a zoom poker session with friends.

Jesus, what's the buy-in?! About 6 of us play on Poker Stars, mostly Friday nights, and I thought $11 buy-in was a bit steep.

Last week I missed the first game so entered a Joe Public one with 90 players and a $1 buy in, came 2nd. Then joined the second game with my mates and won it, was on a roll! To make up for it I'll probably end up going out first this week.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 10:31:03 »

Jesus, what's the buy-in?! About 6 of us play on Poker Stars, mostly Friday nights, and I thought $11 buy-in was a bit steep.

Last week I missed the first game so entered a Joe Public one with 90 players and a $1 buy in, came 2nd. Then joined the second game with my mates and won it, was on a roll! To make up for it I'll probably end up going out first this week.

We use Pokerrr app and Zoom. Buy-ins are usually £20 but as I couldn't make next week we doubled the stakes and it was £40. however the buy-ins closed after an hour and so nobody actually bought back in!!

Can't beat the old feeling of winning in Poker at the moment!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 10:32:31 »

I know it's a joke and all but the Rhodes statue stands among about 200 in the city, and is not prominent at all:

Congratulations on your promotion, by the way.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 11:14:46 »

Thanks Mg.

PS, I don't think (m)any on here will be wishing you luck in the play-offs. The derbies in league 1 next season will finally be our chance to break this poor spell we are having against you!

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 11:30:41 »

Congratulations on your promotion, by the way.

Look at you, still pretending you're an Oxford fan.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 12:01:41 »

Get the fuck in!

Protracted is not the word.

I just wanted to go up and we have....a Trophy is a nice cherry on the top however hollow it is. Hopefully 4D will start coming to games a bit more!

Lots of thoughts spinning through my head.

Feel a bit for Peterborough and Tranmere who were obviously we going to win all their remaining games... Smiley Barry Fry and his Boss can cry me a river. Suicide

Roll on next season...whenever that will be...but we do know that we wont be playing shite like Newport...lets hope Numb fail too....some lovely games coming up.

Sunderland, Blackpool, Ipswich, Gas and hopefully Fleetwood win the Playoffs so we get Pompey, Pox and Wycombe too.

Lovely.

Congratulations everybody!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 12:21:23 »

Not my picture, not sure who the originator is but this made me chuckle.

Bristol City and Rovers fans not happy about our promotion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 12:35:57 »

All this celebration is all very well and good, but I know the key question every fan wants answered is "WHERE'S THE MERCH?" I won't feel like we are properly Champions* until I've been able to buy at least a T-shirt, stupid hat and various odd bits of tat emblazoned with "Swindon Town Champions* 2019-20". Sort it out!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: