Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 169. Chris Ramsey  (Read 9022 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:00:29 »

Hello,

I am planning to talk to Chris Ramsey tomorrow so if you have any questions (preferably football related, not venturing down the old cheese road for this one) then please reply accordingly.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 15, 2020, 05:59:39 by Costanza » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:17:27 »

Can't really say I have a question about his Town career as he's before my time, but that's a cracking get.

I think he coached the Luongo/Byrne/Mason/Barthram/Parrett generation at Spurs right? Would be interested in his recollections of those guys who later went on to play for us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:28:20 »

Rambo was one of my all time favourite players, always gave absolutely everything in every game.

Possibly in the top 3 hardest ever Town players I saw play, never took any prisoners!

Can you ask him was he a fan of all the running Lou made him do?

Also what was his take on the sacking and reinstatement of Lou and does he have any memory of the amazing Southend match when there was a pitch invasion with calls for the re appointment of Macari as manager, please.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:32:55 »

I'm trying to remember who it was that Rambo got sent off against in the first few mins of the game at the County Ground. Remember him running from right back over to the left and taking someone out at knee height.

What drew him to Swindon in the first place? Thought he was doing OK at Brighton before joining us.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:38:22 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:39:15 »

I'm trying to remember who it was that Rambo got sent off against in the first few mins of the game at the County Ground. Remember him running from right back over to the left and taking someone out at knee height.

What drew him to Swindon in the first place? Thought he was doing OK at Brighton before joining us.
It was against Peterborough, this doesnt show the challenge though just teh after effects of it! happened in the 64th minute though, his only sending off for Town.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 18:47:51 »

I guess my memory must be going!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 19:50:10 »

Was it Rambo that got a bollocking from Macari for stopping to do up his boots whilst he had the ball in play?

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Valid Pint

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 19:53:42 »

Don't ask him about the party in Rodbourne!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 20:22:44 »

As JJ above Rambo makes my all time STFC team. Questions hmm. Who did he kick highest in the air is all that springs to mind Smiley  Saying that he was good on the ball, he wasn't just a hard man.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 23:00:36 »

Was it Rambo that got a bollocking from Macari for stopping to do up his boots whilst he had the ball in play?

Yes, in a 4-1 home win over a poor Preston in December’85 I believe. Macari said his arrogance would give the opposition motivation  to beat us in the return back at Deepdale later in the season. Turned out we won 3-0 up there. Rambo notched the opener.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 23:09:31 »

Sensitive issue, but would be interesting to know how he thinks back about the racism of the time. Selected Town numbskulls would taunt opposition black players with the chant, “We’ve got Rambo, you’ve got S****.” The Adver photo shoot of him on the Stratton Bank dressed as Rambo was a bizarre eighties media moment too.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 07:50:16 »

Yes, in a 4-1 home win over a poor Preston in December’85 I believe. Macari said his arrogance would give the opposition motivation  to beat us in the return back at Deepdale later in the season. Turned out we won 3-0 up there. Rambo notched the opener.
Many thanks. What a player he was.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 8, 2020, 08:28:23 »

As JJ above Rambo makes my all time STFC team. Questions hmm. Who did he kick highest in the air is all that springs to mind Smiley  Saying that he was good on the ball, he wasn't just a hard man.
He was a class act in Div 4 he could run, tackle, cross had a bit of pace and was hard as nails.

I would probably put him above Kerslake as my favourite right back and thats saying something as Kerslake was a great player.

Valid Pint

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 06:38:37 »

Who presented Rambo with his MBE?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 08:41:03 »

Who presented Rambo with his MBE?
Prince William.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-coach-chris-ramsey-praises-prince-william-for-helping-tackle-racism-in-football-as-he-collects-a4279576.html

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: