Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79155 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:05:03 »

Trumpy on Twitter complaining that random votes have 'magically' appeared after he was leading.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:08:26 »

Trumpy on Twitter complaining that random votes have 'magically' appeared after he was leading.

Trying to kick up a "voter fraud" storm before the court case
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:27:04 »

He talks as much shit as Deontay Wilder Crash

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:27:33 »

Voter suppression. Learn something new every day.

Didn't realise how widespread it is. In democracies everywhere.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:28:19 »

Looks increasingly likely Biden has won, Pennsylvania may still switch his way when all the votes are counted and Georgia may get very close (which is very surprising).

Biden will probably win by 4m+ Votes Nationally - California, Washington & Oregan are the vast majority of uncounted votes.
Hunk

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:49:39 »

I've been updating myself today based on this:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=us+election&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

If Biden winds up winning Wisconsin and Michigan, as he currently is, then according to this he ends up with the 270 that gets him the win, Trump ending up on 267. That's assuming things finish as they stand and I've not cocked up the math, which is extremely possible
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:57:10 »

Not sure if this has been posted yet: Kanye West has conceded.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 15:57:27 »

You have missed one, probably Maine's other Congressional District vote.
Hunk

« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:02:39 »

You have missed one, probably Maine's other Congressional District vote.

I re-did the maths after posting, realised I was 1 out. Is the Maine Conditional District vote a bonus point? Was not aware of its existence
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:03:35 »

Maine splits votes, like Nebraska - so awards votes for the State, then a vote for a specific area.  It's all very 1700's.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:05:48 »

My City decided this morning was a good day to do a Tornado Warning test - given our location vs. filming for The Walking Dead, the Presidential vote and Covid, it could very well be the end of times siren.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 16:51:52 »

You can't buy class.  It's embarrassing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324032541544927233
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 18:05:04 »

What idiots  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:06:05 »

All the momentum is with Biden now.  It's over for Trump, even if he doesn't realise it yet.  A fitting bookend to his one term as President...that instead of going out with a bit of class, he's decided to go down screaming like a bitch.

Biden won't be able to undo all the damage right away, but he's averted the catastrophe of a 2nd Trump term.  I'm also enjoying the picture in my head of Dominic Cummings frantically rewriting his hard Brexit plans in a gloomy Whitehall basement.
Trump's presidency may be on it's way out but the poison he has injected into American politics isn't. The Republicans will likely remain as a far-right National Populist party, the fascist street gangs Trump has empowerted and encouraged will not be going back into their bunkers, the QAnon conspiracy nutters will only get more convinced of their delusions, the armed militias and far right terrorists will only become more determined to overthrow what they will see as an illegitimate govt by violence.

Meanwhile Biden will be a lame duck President hampered and frustrated at every turn by a Republican senate determined to wreck any chance he has of passing any of his legislative programme. And the far right/Russian bots will only ramp up their Fake News/Alt Truth propaganda so that half the US public won't know what's true any more. After four years of stasis in govt, violence, bile and conspiracy on the streets, the conditions will be pefect for the next National Populist (fascist in old money) to step up to the plate promising to Make America Great Again.

Sorry, but this shit isn't going to die with Trump, if anything it's likely to get worse.

And this is all assuming he doesn't manage to steal it in the courts he's handily rigged with a right wing majority just weeks before the election.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:08:31 by pauld » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2020, 22:22:32 »

Deleted my original post as, on reflection, it felt a bit premature with all the legal nonsense that's starting to kick off.  And then you replied to it.  : )

Anyway, I stand by the sentiment.  Not pretending that Biden will be anything other than a one term lame duck.  But even that has to be preferable to the carnage that 4 more years of Trump would involve.  At the very least, Biden would allow a pause.  I'll take that right now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: