Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79151 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 16:36:44 »

I really wish it were true. Alas, it is not. It was created by a satirical website simlar to the onion.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/10/as-gay-twitter-reclaims-proudboys-hashtag-proud-boys-change-name-to-leather-men/

I hate myself for looking it up now. Sorry.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 18:30:47 »

I really wish it were true. Alas, it is not. It was created by a satirical website simlar to the onion.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/10/as-gay-twitter-reclaims-proudboys-hashtag-proud-boys-change-name-to-leather-men/

I hate myself for looking it up now. Sorry.
Thought it might be, but it was too good to spoil by looking it up to check #TheresAlwaysOneWhoHasToSpoilItForEveryone.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 19:40:53 »

My point stands.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 11:33:51 »

Meanwhile, in the US, armed gunmen encouraged by the President, storm the Michigan state capitol to intimidate legislators. How is this not insurrection?

https://twitter.com/DanielNewman/status/1255949280814215170?s=19
And look what happens when the President of the US encourages heavily armed gunmen to "Liberate" their state from the governor. Turns out encouraging armed militias to insurrection makes them plot acts of terrorism, including the kidnap and murder of the governor and possibly other hostages. Who could have thought it?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/six-people-charged-plot-kidnap-michigan-governor-gretchen-whitmer

Flashheart

« Reply #229 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 11:39:45 »

You can't even say it's dog whistles with trump.

Dog whistles are subtle, Trump just comes right out with it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 11:54:14 »

I have an elderly, Trump-supporting relative over there.  His Facebook feed is quite something.  Full of God-fearing calls to prayer, and guns.  Like millions of others in the US, he sees no contradiction.

A post the other day was one of the best...a list of reasons why any 'sane' voter would run a mile from the Democrats.  And top of the list?  They kill babies.  I swear I'm not making this up.  The ignorance & complete lack of sophistication is chilling.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:08:34 »

I have an elderly, Trump-supporting relative over there.  His Facebook feed is quite something.  Full of God-fearing calls to prayer, and guns.  Like millions of others in the US, he sees no contradiction.

A post the other day was one of the best...a list of reasons why any 'sane' voter would run a mile from the Democrats.  And top of the list?  They kill babies.  I swear I'm not making this up.  The ignorance & complete lack of sophistication is chilling.

My mum and stepdad have been in the States for a while now and sadly these are exactly the posts I see from them on the very rare times I venture onto FB. I guess the brainwashing from Fox News and weird bible bashers in Florida is difficult to escape from.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:16:15 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:10:12 »

The Fox News comments section on FB is something to behold.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:11:00 »

Well brace yourselves guys because we're on the same trajectory, just about 3 years behind them.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:37:43 »

Who is going to win the Election then folks?

Biden is a shade under 1/2 at the bookies but we know what happened 4 years ago.

Either way, it appears that unrest is likely with many shops being boarded up. What a horribly divided place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:39:13 »

Who is going to win the Election then folks?

Biden is a shade under 1/2 at the bookies but we know what happened 4 years ago.

Either way, it appears that unrest is likely with many shops being boarded up. What a horribly divided place.

Big head will get re-elected😡

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:42:01 »

Well brace yourselves guys because we're on the same trajectory, just about 3 years behind them.

It got me thinking is this the weakest government over the last 40/50 years Hmmm

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:44:24 »

Big head will get re-elected😡

I'm thinking this as well unfortunately. That said, I would really really really love to see his face if he loses. He has already said they are going to be talking to lawyers after the election so he's got a ready made excuse if the worst was to happen for him.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:45:22 »

I'm thinking this as well unfortunately. That said, I would really really really love to see his face if he loses. He has already said they are going to be talking to lawyers after the election so he's got a ready made excuse if the worst was to happen for him.

I think most of the world would too😁

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:52:39 »

he'll lose, then call foul/rigged and take it to the courts is my guess.

certainly not a certainty mind
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: