Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Murica  (Read 79185 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:58:20 »

Can I recommend 'Faranheit 11 9', a Michael Moore film on Netflix.

The last 15 minutes is absolutely frightening in the light of current events.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:02:55 »

Think it was said on the politics thread, he probably regards a race war as his best chance of winning in November. Everything he does is viewed through the lens of activating his base. He's loving it

Or alternatively cancelling the election in light of civil unrest?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:12:10 »

Or alternatively cancelling the election in light of civil unrest?
Can he do that legally? Not that the legality would necessarily bother him
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:18:40 »

Can he do that legally? Not that the legality would necessarily bother him

I assume its much the same like the cancellation of the locals over here due to C-19, one thing for Trump the events following Floyd have rather taken his C-19 response off the front pages.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:28:13 »

Think it was said on the politics thread, he probably regards a race war as his best chance of winning in November. Everything he does is viewed through the lens of activating his base. He's loving it

100% his rationale. Watched the live coverage on CNN last night, clearly showing he authorised the use of tear gas and rubber bullets against his own people, who at the time were conducting a very peaceful protest outside the White House, purely so that he could walk across to a church (which he doesnt attend) for a photo opportunity of him holding a bible (which he doesnt read). A dangerous dictator,  he wouldnt be out of place in China or Russia. He is inciting a Civil War.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:37:38 »

"Is that your Bible?"

"It's A Bible"

Love the way it takes him quite a while to figure out how he wants to hold it up too

And the peaceful sound of sirens and bangs in the background.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:41:40 by mystical_goat » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 12:59:00 »

"Is that your Bible?"

"It's A Bible"

Love the way it takes him quite a while to figure out how he wants to hold it up too

And the peaceful sound of sirens and bangs in the background.

I don't really get the whole bible thing, unless he thinks that everyone not white is immediately not Christian?

I have never read the bible, but I am not aware of the bit that states its fine for you to order peaceful citizens to be shot and and sprayed with tear gas just so you can got for a photo opp?
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:09:37 »

The bible could be (and has been) used to support all sorts of atrocities. Nothing comes to my on this specifically (I have read it, but it's a lot to remember). I'm sure some evangelical will come out with a verse that will support his actions sooner or later, though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:13:55 »

‘Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.’
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:14:24 »

Plenty of video out there illustrating that a hell of a lot of the looters and rioters are white, also been noted that a fair few of those arrested have  links to white supremacist groups.

Do you have a link to that out of interest? I personally think the odd neo-nazi might have tried to instigate things in places and then melt away, but there's no way they can organise thousands of young whites to turn up and coincidentally look and act like antifa. I've found it a bit ridiculous how many people are feigning ignorance of what antifa are(not you!) so that they can take them on face value of their name.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:33:34 »

Do you have a link to that out of interest? I personally think the odd neo-nazi might have tried to instigate things in places and then melt away, but there's no way they can organise thousands of young whites to turn up and coincidentally look and act like antifa. I've found it a bit ridiculous how many people are feigning ignorance of what antifa are(not you!) so that they can take them on face value of their name.

I'll have to root around as it was yesterday morning, will look on the other computer later once we get back from our first socially distanced engagement with the in laws for 10 weeks!

Edit - Google threw this out https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/george-floyd-protests-white-supremacists-minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul-a9541676.html , but there were pictures elsewhere of people in custody with plenty of far right tattoos on their bodies. 

The whole antifa tag is something of a nonsense as the anti fascist movement is made up of literally  hundreds of organisations.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:58:51 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:38:53 »

Antifa isn't even an organisation at all. It's just a name given for people who oppose fascism.

And Trump wants to ban it. He literally wants to oppose opposition to facism.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:39:47 »

Probably more to do with the anarchistic yobs who smash places up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:41:59 »

It's a lot more to do with Trump's standard response to anything that might reflect badly on him: look for someone else to blame. Preferably one of the following: the Dems, the media, the left, Chyyynaaa.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 13:44:54 »

Then why not try and ban the neo-nazis as well?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: