Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 165. Keshi Stuart Oluyinka Adetokunboh Anderson  (Read 10113 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:01:42 »

I couldn't help but crack a wry smile when I saw that the heading of this thread has been amended.  Gotta love you TEFers.

Assuming Wikipedia is correct, this is his name and the heading merely records that.  There is, of course, nowt wrong with that.

Just to give my previous post some context - sadly, experience of reading online posts/comments indicates that when reference is made to the full names of sports people with African names, this is often part of some wider (and often less than positive) narrative around race/ethnicity. 

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:12:56 »

I couldn't help but crack a wry smile when I saw that the heading of this thread has been amended.  Gotta love you TEFers.

Assuming Wikipedia is correct, this is his name and the heading merely records that.  There is, of course, nowt wrong with that.

Just to give my previous post some context - sadly, experience of reading online posts/comments indicates that when reference is made to the full names of sports people with African names, this is often part of some wider (and often less than positive) narrative around race/ethnicity.  

Edit: Actually deleted there is enough shite on this thread already!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:15:14 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 15:16:18 »

What’s wrong with people these days.

I fucking despair sometimes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 17:40:12 »

It's Reg being Reg.

I don't know why people are surprised.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 18:34:15 »

It's Reg being Reg.

I don't know why people are surprised.

And there was me thinking the outrage was to do with those feeling the need to have a bit of a laugh about Keshi's full name, and perhaps not being in the best of taste atm.

Should have known better, the outrage was really caused by pointing out the bleeding obvious 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 19:16:34 »

And there was me thinking the outrage was to do with those feeling the need to have a bit of a laugh about Keshi's full name, and perhaps not being in the best of taste atm.

Should have known better, the outrage was really caused by pointing out the bleeding obvious 
It was the faux outrage I was on about - prevalent in all walks life nowadays it seems. Being offended on behalf of someone you think may be offended.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 19:18:06 »

It was the faux outrage I was on about - prevalent in all walks life nowadays it seems. Being offended on behalf of someone you think may be offended.
Interesting.  I didn't discern any 'faux outrage'.

Nothing to see here
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 08:27:40 »

Interesting.  I didn't discern any 'faux outrage'.
Then you either need to take a look in the mirror or your outrage was suggesting there was some form of casual racism from Horlock07 which there wasn't IMO.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: