Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 165. Keshi Stuart Oluyinka Adetokunboh Anderson  (Read 10174 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 05:56:40 »

https://soundcloud.com/lspod/165-keshi-anderson
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 18:09:13 »

Enjoyed this when out for a walk earlier. Sounds promising on the contract front too.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:42:21 »

Enjoyed this one too. He speaks well, and clearly loves his football and knows what he is talking about. I thought he was hard on himself to suggest he was a 7/10 this year. Hat-tricks from midfield (or 10) and 30 yarders don’t come often. Get him fit, for a season, and he’ll be one of the best about in L1. Depending on who we are playing, I’d want to see a midfield of three from Doughty, Anderson, Grant and Lyden. He clearly doesn’t want to play wide, but was actually very good there in the 4-4-2 (ish) formation at the start of the season.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 11:45:50 by Frigby Daser » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 14:51:48 »

Rich, have you done a podcast with Luke McCormick or tried to get him? Sorry if you already have. I just feel that could be a very interesting insight, depending on what he wanted to discuss.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:16:26 »

I'd prefer not to. But easy to not listen.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:45:28 »

I'd prefer not to. But easy to not listen.

I can understand why some wouldn't want to listen. I just feel it would be very interesting to hear his thoughts (not just the obvious) about all matters. In regard to that, I know he does do/has done a lot of awareness work.

Just a slight tack. I'm not sure many are too aware or maybe seem to have forgotten/let go of, that our excellent groundsman has been convicted of drink driving, has had several relapses and other warnings (ie a track record of repetition) in the past and while employed by STFC. My aim isn't to highlight his previous per se but more so that it shows an example of one man being allowed to continue his job (that he is very good at) with very little comment of being a repeat offender; yet another man (eventually continuing his job that he is very good at) still gets treated as if he did it yesterday. Cassidy even won Groundsman of the year, following his convictions and was rightly applauded and recognised for it. Would LMc be getting similar plaudits if he'd won the Golden Glove?  Hmmm

Now I know people will say/think "...yeah but he didn't kill anyone, the other did." Yet Cassidy could easily have killed someone each of the times he's drink drove. It smacks of hypocrisy if one defends him yet not the other because we all know that as much as Cassidy could have killed someone several times, LMc could not have too.

I don't condone either for drink driving but it does strike me as odd when people excuse another purely because the outcome of that risk was a more favourable one.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 15:48:03 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 16:18:48 »

Rich, have you done a podcast with Luke McCormick or tried to get him? Sorry if you already have. I just feel that could be a very interesting insight, depending on what he wanted to discuss.

I've worked hard to build the podcast so I wouldn't want to polarise the listenership either and, without wanting to go over old TEF ground, I am nowhere near qualified enough to talk to Luke. Media wise, he is quiet for a reason.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 16:33:25 »

I've worked hard to build the podcast so I wouldn't want to polarise the listenership either and, without wanting to go over old TEF ground, I am nowhere near qualified enough to talk to Luke. Media wise, he is quiet for a reason.

I appreciate that but I don't think you would polarize too much; we are all adults and sometimes we need our eyes opening a little. To hear a difficult story, much like Donal McDermott's.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that you need to be qualified to talk to LMc. You can, as you have done with many, talk to them purely as a footballer?

I know it would be a brave move and if you feel it would be detrimental to your podcast then I fully respect that.

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 16:54:27 »

Just my personal view, but I would skip that one.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:21:54 »

Got most of the way through this on my run this morning and it's another really good listen. Excellent work once again Rich. Interested to hear him say he wanted to come to Swindon initially on loan because of the way we played football. That's been a recurring theme with the loanees or players who've moved here, that whatever we think as fans, as players they enjoy playing the style of football we played under Cooper, Williams and now Wellens. Obviously I think we all prefer the Wellensball incarnation, but it's got to be a positive as we look to attract or keep players post-COVID that we are seen as being a good club to play for from a football perspective.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:30:50 »

Got most of the way through this on my run this morning and it's another really good listen. Excellent work once again Rich. Interested to hear him say he wanted to come to Swindon initially on loan because of the way we played football. That's been a recurring theme with the loanees or players who've moved here, that whatever we think as fans, as players they enjoy playing the style of football we played under Cooper, Williams and now Wellens. Obviously I think we all prefer the Wellensball incarnation, but it's got to be a positive as we look to attract or keep players post-COVID that we are seen as being a good club to play for from a football perspective.

Unsurprisingly reality is somewhat different to your interpretation.  Keshi was signed by Flitcroft, who according to you and others on here was clueless. Presumably Keshi wasn't too worried about style but just wanted to play.  This will very much be the case if we get back to something we recognise as lower league football... players will be happy to have some sort of professional contract.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:31:27 »

Didn't listen to the pod did you Reg
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:48:11 »

Paul has literally repeated what Keshi said, where he clearly stating his reasons for signing.

That’s not an interpretation
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:58:48 »

Unsurprisingly reality is somewhat different to your interpretation.  Keshi was signed by Flitcroft, who according to you and others on here was clueless. Presumably Keshi wasn't too worried about style but just wanted to play.  This will very much be the case if we get back to something we recognise as lower league football... players will be happy to have some sort of professional contract.

This was before Flitcroft was even here i think
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 10:06:08 »

Unsurprisingly reality is somewhat different to your interpretation. 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: