Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chicken  (Read 3109 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:12:19 »

Which is best to stick up its arse. Beer or Coca Cola? Someone has even mentioned Fanta.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:16:49 »

Bloke I worked with in the States was adamant that you stick a can of beer up the Thanksgiving Turkeys arse. Left me with a mental image that has never left me.

No one kills a thread like me....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:17:16 »

I do beer can
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:21:49 »

Isn't beer can Jamaican patois for bacon?

No one kills a thread like me....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 17:36:13 »

Lager is best but cider also works, we often have beer can chicken.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 18:13:08 »

Cherry cola
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 19:18:32 »

I do beer can

You’ll only confuse the Geordies.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 19:43:20 »

So does it have to be a big can or a ‘normal’ sized can. Does size matter?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 20:25:41 »

I use 330ml cans, it depends on the size of the chicken.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it makes much difference. chicken usually comes off the smoker moist regardless.

if you are doing in BBQ and probing with a thermometer to see if it's done, make sure you get the bit between one breast and thigh in your probing
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 20:28:21 »

Either size will do but drink at least half the beer first, or it won’t boil and you’ve wasted a can of beer.

Personally I think it is a bit of a gimmick but if you must do it be sure to put some sunglasses on her when she’s done.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 20:43:02 »

I use 330ml cans, it depends on the size of the chicken.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it makes much difference. chicken usually comes off the smoker moist regardless.

if you are doing in BBQ and probing with a thermometer to see if it's done, make sure you get the bit between one breast and thigh in your probing

Kinky.

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 21:10:54 »

Fuck that. cut out it's spine and flatten it out. Even's out cooking much better than a can which is just reducing internal cooking temp
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 07:17:38 »

Isn't beer can Jamaican patois for bacon?

Geordie
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 07:22:20 »

I may have missed the point of putting a can of whatever inside the cavity of a chicken or Turkey. I suppose I could google the practice but TBF whether I marinate or use a dry rub on a whole bird to roast I just roast it breast side down to allow all the fat and most of the juices within the bird to gravitate through to the breast during cooking. BBQ is something different. Usually the bird is spatchcocked.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 13:31:35 »

Geordie

Jamaican leaning for the sounding of 'Beer can' to mean bacon. Geordie is similar but generally the two soundings are a bit different, unless you're exaggerating, being "hammy" with the Geordie impersonation or are very very very stereotypically broad and characteristic. People might think of Tim Healy, Anthony McPartlin or Gazza (Gateshead technically for him) for excessive soundings from the norm.

In general though the Geordie sounds it with less emphasis on the "r" (no not that r) and is said faster than the Jamaican way. In fact, it will very much become a two syllable word again, whereas a West Indian accent will nearly always add in an extra syllable. The two differentiate like this;

Jamaican/West Indian - Bee-ah-can (note the 'r' in "Beer" is still present but is more a fading sigh. It's not a full sighing sound. It tails off as the /k/ of can comes in.)

Geordie - Bee(t)-unn (note the 't' replaces both the 'r' and the /k/ but is almost fully silent. Go to say "Beet" or "Beat" but the 't' withdraws right at the last moment (waheyy Wink ). Think of when a Geordie says "exactly". There isn't room for the  following /k/ in most instances as it strangely becomes sandwiched (again no pun) so we get left with a slightly fading "unn". This /k/ only comes back into play when the word is slowed down.

There's argument for both at times, depending on how an English person pronounces "Beer". A lot sound it with two syllables in many variants and several with one syllable. Much like "Peer", "Ear" and "Here". A few use both soundings.

In any case, the Jamaican sounding of "Bacon" nearly always presents as close to "Beer can" due to their accent generally being slower in delivery. Whereas a Geordie accent is generally delivered faster.

Now that's cleared up, I'm off for a beer and a bacon sandwich  Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 13:33:09 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: