Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kits for 2020/21 season  (Read 34101 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 17:37:54 »

Quote from: DV Canio
Stagnated / found out natural level are one and the same, really.

I get the whole natural level thing, I do - but surely you should always be trying to better yourself and move forward, no matter how difficult / unrealistic that is

if you settle for it, then you deserve it.

you always have to strive to be better.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 18:14:29 »

Shirt looks ok...white shorts...away you go.

Some of the comments on FB ref the shirt, loss of Doyle and Lionel Messi not signing....Sheesh...have we suddenly turned into Real Madrid?!

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 18:16:48 »

Shirt looks ok...white shorts...away you go.

Some of the comments on FB ref the shirt, loss of Doyle and Lionel Messi not signing....Sheesh...have we suddenly turned into Real Madrid?!

Real Pants.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 18:19:17 »

Whilst, I’m not sure I agree with the comment myself. One could argue that having been in the bottom 2 tiers for 20 years is quite stagnant.
But read the comment again..."Continues to stagnate"....I would the agree that the Club has stagnated for a large part of the last 20 years but how can anyone say it is continuing to stagnate when...

We've just won the league
Have a squad that (current Covid related uncertainty notwithstanding) has every chance of challenging in L1 next season
Most fans would agree that the Club has been revitalised (13,000+ crowd v Exeter)
We have our best manager in many years

That makes the statement 'continues to stagnate' totally bizarre.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 18:46:07 »

But read the comment again..."Continues to stagnate"....I would the agree that the Club has stagnated for a large part of the last 20 years but how can anyone say it is continuing to stagnate when...

Have a squad that (current Covid related uncertainty notwithstanding) has every chance of challenging in L1 next season
Most fans would agree that the Club has been revitalised (13,000+ crowd v Exeter)

I guess it depends what you are comparing it to.

All those things you said above are true but on a really basic level all those things leave us in the third tier. 20 years ago we were in the third tier.  On that basis we haven’t progressed in 20 years...which you could argue is grounds for the comment ‘continues to stagnate’
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 20:06:38 »

The same person said he hopes we have cash flow issues so don’t think there’s any point thinking rationally about it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 09:48:31 »

I guess it depends what you are comparing it to.

All those things you said above are true but on a really basic level all those things leave us in the third tier. 20 years ago we were in the third tier.  On that basis we haven’t progressed in 20 years...which you could argue is grounds for the comment ‘continues to stagnate’
But right now, all the evidence suggests that the Club is on an upward curve and that's all that matters - not what's gone on in the last 20 years - The hear and now is the only thing that Wellens/Jewell/Power/players/the fans can do anything about...and right now (Covid cluster fuck and all the unknowns and intangibles that go with it aside), the Club is looking better than it has for a long time and can't be described as 'continuing to stagnate' at this point in time.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 12:44:40 »

I think it's common ground that, taking a short term view, the club is on the up - literally.  But, the long term view might be slightly different. 

At the end of the day, your views on what constitutes stagnation must depend on your own personal expectations.

There will be a large proportion of supporters who will say that the club should be able to return to being a fairly successful championship club, as per the 1990s.  However, some might say that the business of football has moved on and past performance is now of little or no relevance.  Recent history would suggest that this is the case. 

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 13:19:43 »

Anyway....

Something is obviously happening with the furloughed staff as our little lasses purple shirt turned up yesterday, thankfully as it's her first I can't get her out of it!

Re Puma sizing thought I would get her a 9-10 to grow into (she's 7) fits her pretty perfectly!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 13:35:31 »

Moving on from Puma's sizing and, following on from the recent call to arms, I will log on to the club shop today and buy a couple of items. Hopefully this will make a contribution to the club's coffers.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 13:47:09 »

...and right now (Covid cluster fuck and all the unknowns and intangibles that go with it aside)...

You know full well that the correct use is 'variables and imponderables'  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 15:59:17 »

Apologies, was in a bad mood yesterday so felt best not to reply. My post was in response to someone saying we should all by the new shirt in order to fund the club. Whilst I understand this and won’t criticise the people the do. My post gave the impression that I don’t attend games, I of course do, I just won’t put any additional cash into the club because i choose not too. We could be here all day discussing finances of the club under Lee Powers ownership. Now for my stagnation comment. Probably my own fault for going on that Facebook group to see everyone all of a sudden making Power out to be a hero all of a sudden. Judge me on 5 years I believe he once said. Yes we’ve achieved promotion this season and of course we will celebrate that, it would have been nice if we could have done so without having to hear of more court cases/ownership battles once again. Nothing ever straightforward with our club is it? So yes while we have been promoted, we’re only back to where we started in the first place. We have a great manager, a team who with a few additions could be quite competitive in this league, a chance that finally, finally our old decrepit stadium could be bought up to date should The County Ground purchase be successful, just can’t help feel the worst is yet to happen because I have a real bad feeling about the long term future while Power continues to pull the strings. Then again I’m happy to admit I’m a miserable cunt at the best of times. Apologies if I upset anyone with my earlier post.
TGR
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 16:52:08 »

I think it is dynamic stagnation.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 17:17:40 »

Anyway....

Something is obviously happening with the furloughed staff as our little lasses purple shirt turned up yesterday, thankfully as it's her first I can't get her out of it!

Re Puma sizing thought I would get her a 9-10 to grow into (she's 7) fits her pretty perfectly!

I keep looking forlornly at the online club shop for our 2020 'Champions' coffee mug.

https://www.stfcdirect.com/gifts-souvenirs/souvenirs/homeware/

In vain, alas.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #164 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 06:44:14 »

Then again I’m happy to admit I’m a miserable cunt

Well I never, The Grim Reaper is a miserable cunt...!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: