Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kits for 2020/21 season  (Read 34074 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:51:48 »

Can't imagine they're in anything other than an enormous financial hole (their Trustpilot at the moment is quite the thing), so can only assume the sponsorship was paid up front before this all started.
On a similar note, excuse me if its been gone over but I haven't noticed it....

Has the sponsorship with Axis been terminated fully? or will they continue as sponsors but obviously without the UK part of the company which has folded but just the Aussie part of the company still sponsoring us?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:52:36 »

Unless you'd washed the shirt previously, anyway.

...now that was a rubbish shirt and disgraceful behaviour by Town fans for voting for it.

Ukraine wore it better.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 09:58:47 »

Don't particularly like the kit but going to buy it this season anyway and I'd urge everyone to do likewise if they can. The club's cashflow will be dire at the moment.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 11:33:51 »

Don't particularly like the kit but going to buy it this season anyway and I'd urge everyone to do likewise if they can. The club's cashflow will be dire at the moment.

I’d rather not give anymore of my hard earned cash to the club under the current ownership. Hopefully a cash flow problem will leave Power no choice but to finally sell up.
Panda Paws

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 11:56:01 »

I’d rather not give anymore of my hard earned cash to the club under the current ownership. Hopefully a cash flow problem will leave Power no choice but to finally sell up.

As and when Power moves on, I'm sure you'll find another excuse.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 12:02:03 »

Nope, I’m just done paying for his lifestyle while our club continues to stagnate.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 12:53:30 »

We literally just got promoted after significant investment in January, as much as there are things to criticise Power for, stagnating is really pushing it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 12:59:28 »

we are back where we started though Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 13:16:08 »

Personally think the kit is boring, looks to me like no thought has gone into it - the purple kit last season showed what good a decent kit can do to generate some interest.

If you want to help the club with cashflow, shirts are not the way to do it, they really don't make a huge amount of money from shirt sales with the deal they are in with Puma, as it the case with most clubs unless you are a top Premier league side..  If you want to help out with cashflow then ST's/tickets/hospitality/sponsorship is the way to go..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 14:22:05 »

Better start work on your next excuse for not attending when he eventually does leave. Hoping for a cash flow problem that could risk the future of the club is absolutely pathetic!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 16:04:48 »

Nope, I’m just done paying for his lifestyle while our club continues to stagnate.
What an astonishing comment...how exactly is the Club 'stagnating'? Eek
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 16:13:01 »

Whilst, I’m not sure I agree with the comment myself. One could argue that having been in the bottom 2 tiers for 20 years is quite stagnant.

I mean in context in that 20 years the club has been through so many different regimes, so we’ve had false starts, short term upward trajectory and come down with a crash several times.

On the other hand, look at how many clubs have gone past us in the bottom two divisions to at least get to the Championship. Yeovil, Colchester, Southend, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton, Wigan - probably Oxford too!!

Naturally, you’ve seen plenty go back the other way - including some of the ones mentioned above!!

I think it depends how long term you want to look at the football club. Certainly based purely on league position we are no better off now than we were 20 years ago.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 16:51:16 »

Your view on whether the club has stagnated must depend on whether you consider that it should be in the championship.  Realistically, it appears that the club has just found its place in the pyramid. 

As I understand it, the second Di Canio season was ultimately unsustainable and reaching the championship will depend on an owner who is willing to wear a loss position each season. 

A number of clubs seem to have an owner who, for whatever reason, is willing to operate a club on that basis.  Presumably, STFC has not been able to attract anyone who is willing to splash the cash (and actually has the money to do so).

I had understood that LP has sought to run the club on the basis that it is 'sustainable'.  However, the byproduct of that appears to be that for a club of STFC's size/resources, championship football is likely to be difficult to achieve.

If the fallout from COVID-19 is as forecast, let's hope STFC are still fulfilling EFL fixtures next season.

Nothing to see here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 17:09:00 »

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that Town have largely ballsed up the 21st century...

Without looking at any other club, I dare say that the majority of EFL clubs have to varying degrees  Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 17:11:30 »

Stagnated / found out natural level are one and the same, really.

I get the whole natural level thing, I do - but surely you should always be trying to better yourself and move forward, no matter how difficult / unrealistic that is
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: