Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Kits for 2020/21 season  (Read 34108 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 17:10:00 »

What's Puma sizing like, a lot of cycling clothing is Italian sizing and a 3XL is about the equivalent of a large in uk sizing!

I am 6 foot 4 and about 17 and a half stone. I can get into an XL.  If you need 5XL even in Puma sized shirts - fucking hell.  If you are that big, athletic clothing is probably not your thing.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 17:22:44 »

Even Jacamo's target market has shifted to the less than large fella now. Shame, they were handy. Not for myself, but for others that I knew.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 06:44:21 »

My disdain for plain templated kits is probably well known by now.

That kit is so generic. Also, red and white is a fairly commonly used colour combination in football, could we not just have a bit of green trim to just add a little something a bit unique.

It’s such a poor kit and I expect in 10 years time you’d have no idea which season it even belonged to.
REDBUCK

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 07:13:31 »

Really!! , a second successive promotion as champions, a three line tag and social distanced half filled stadiums.

A never to be forgotton kit me thinks. - Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 07:26:35 »

It's mainly red with white bits - ticks all the boxes for me. Assuming there are white shorts and red socks to go with it that'll do me. I'm not going to get too upset over a little tag line that no one will even notice when they wear the shirts in a game.

I just love the annual "It looks just like Bristol City" comments...like the first Swallow of Summer or the annual Steve Lomas sighting. It would be quite a challenge to design a kit which looked nothing liked Bristol City's given that our colours are the same Wink

Personally, I think it's ridiculous and actually a bit tacky that every club now changes its kit every single season. I think they would sell just as many replicas if not more, if they changed it every other season like they used to until a few years ago.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:13:40 »

I agree that changing kits on an annual basis is unnecessary. 

Unless you start putting extra colours/panels on the shirts (which I seem to recall angered the supporters of other clubs in the past) what else can be done with a red shirt?

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:24:21 »

If you need 5XL even in Puma sized shirts - fucking hell.  If you are that big, athletic clothing is probably not your thing.
So what you are saying is that fat people should be banned from buying replica football shirts?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:32:36 »

They'll come to regret the strapline.  It's a complete deal-breaker.  Crap sponsor with a rubbish corporate message.  And all that, ironically, at a time when no one's going to be booking any cruises anyway.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:35:34 »

They'll come to regret the strapline.  It's a complete deal-breaker.  Crap sponsor with a rubbish corporate message.  And all that, ironically, at a time when no one's going to be booking any cruises anyway.
FWIW the new shirt is just dull IMO, generic off the peg stuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:39:30 »

No, I didn't say banned at all.

There is a wider point which is not rocket science.  It may be that sizing has changed as suggested earlier but, just speaking personally, I am carrying some timber and still get in XL sized apparel.  If the need for such extreme sizes has increased it potentially says a lot about the health of the nation (or at least about the economic social groups who choose to purchase replica shirts).  

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:43:41 »

They'll come to regret the strapline.  It's a complete deal-breaker.  Crap sponsor with a rubbish corporate message.  And all that, ironically, at a time when no one's going to be booking any cruises anyway.

Can't imagine they're in anything other than an enormous financial hole (their Trustpilot at the moment is quite the thing), so can only assume the sponsorship was paid up front before this all started.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:48:43 »

Out of interest, can someone who is good at these things put a design on here (not a template) they would have liked to have seen the team wearing this season? It would be really interesting to know exactly what it is that people want 🤔
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:49:12 »

RE: Imagine Cruising.

I have no idea how they're doing through all of this but, for our side of things, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had already paid up so to speak. I doubt they're the most lucrative of sponsorship deals either.

Flybe were still on Exeter City shirts during the Play-Offs and they ceased operations in March.

...and we had Kingswood Construction on our shirts despite them going bust half-way through 2007-08.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:50:36 »

Did Kingswood even pay?

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:50:46 »

...and we had Kingswood Construction on our shirts despite them going bust half-way through 2007-08.

Unless you'd washed the shirt previously, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: