Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154155 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 23:48:35 »

Theakston, just intrigued (dangerous I know) but how many clubs are owned today by people who do have a connection to their respective club?

I can bet my last bowl of ramen that there are more club owners without connection than there are with.

Also to clarify, no Clem isn't calling me. We don't even know if that claim is wholly true. Well not unless someone on here can provide conclusive evidence that they were there at the time. And if so, give us an idea of what was said?! Otherwise it's about as conclusive as me talking to Sid Nelson's Dad   Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 23:52:29 »

Theakston, just intrigued (dangerous I know) but how many clubs are owned today by people who do have a connection to their respective club?

I can bet my last bowl of ramen that there are more club owners without connection than there are with.

Also to clarify, no Clem isn't calling me. We don't even know if that claim is wholly true. Well not unless someone on here can provide conclusive evidence that they were there at the time. And if so, give us an idea of what was said?! Otherwise it's about as conclusive as me talking to Sid Nelson's Dad   Hmmm
Very few and look at the state other clubs find themselves in. In the last 20 years we’ve had Rikki Hunt, Diamandis, Brady, Bletchley & Donegan, Best, Jedco.... there’s enough there to show distrust for any potential owners until proven otherwise. Clem’s actions are somewhat bizarre and you’d think he’d be better placed keeping his council if he was real what he claims to be.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 23:57:59 »

The chap posted a video of Clem on loudspeaker on his phone

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 00:04:46 »

Not just that, it’s what he’s claimed to have said like Power’s using the advance TV payments to pay his jockeys £18k a month and what not. Why would you tell random strangers stuff such as that?
He seems to have latched on to a few individuals on Twitter and FB who hate Power and is effectively acting as their puppet master and they are just lapping it up. Doesn’t seem the actions of an astute businessman to me, well not a trustworthy one anyway, feels like he’s manipulating people for his own ends. Time will tell I guess...

Yeah I haven't liked Power from the start but this is pure Jed behaviour. It's just weird and unprofessional.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 00:16:10 »

Which? Nothing on that Jake's profile unless he's deleted it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 00:22:44 »

Oh indeed, I think many of us are aware of previous owners. I think we could say that Fitton obviously had at least a local connection along with main benefactor Andy Black but we all know that got mismanaged in the longer term. Had Black been a Football fan instead of a Horsey fan then he may have gritted teeth through the overspending period. That's all long been discussed now but they were probably the most kosher owners but even they had their interests vested in largely themselves.

I wouldn't say I am fully trusting of Clem (x times bitten, ridiculous times shy) at this moment but I don't really believe that he is at the extremities of Jed levels. At least he does appear to own a proper company, Jed was the chancer to end all chancers and we got very unlucky.

I can't really see any point in dick measuring (not you personally, just a general fleeting comment) if Power is better or Clem. I'd say Power is dodgy af, I've mentioned before he is a very good hustler and for whatever reason I don't think he would ever fully shaft the club. Yet he's never been in a position where he is being forced to sell, so that stance may change. If Clem is on Power levels of hustle/dodgy then we aren't going to see much change.

It does seem odd that Clem appears to talk to one or two leaches or whatever but he's likely only using them as indirect media tools. He'll discard them once he achieves majority ownership (if indeed that is the outcome). One thing I would note though, is that we have possibly got used to Lee Power being a largely silent owner. We hear from him from time to time but his "residential" status and limited online presence makes it very easy for him to hide so to speak. Finances aside Covid has been perfect for him to not have to be present publicly but I do think he has the longevity of STFC in his heart. Like I said, a kind of Robin Hood.

With Clem, who knows but call it a hunch or whatever but I don't think he is anywhere near Jed dodginess. I would put him on a par with Power or possibly better. I guess we'll find out in the long run.

I'm led to believe that Power did source Clem for investment and after all Clem did put money into the club (the details of which were/are being discussed). On paper the whole court thing did not look great for Power (withholding shares and pocketing transfer money owed to Standing/Barry), whereas Clem on paper just wanted his shares that he'd agreed to.

I'm neither pro Power or Clem at this point, as long as someone is keeping Town afloat and we aren't liquidated into obscurity then at present an investor at Town is likely to have some kind of history that may sit a little uncomfortably. But as stated, we could possibly replicate the words "owner" and "dodgy" to many a professional club in all divisions. Pro Footy certainly ain't a clean cut environment.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 00:29:00 »

There's no vid mate. Not on Jake G's Tweety bird anyway. Tonight's tweet and last time was beginning of the month.

I see JayBox has popped up the comments. That lad can't help himself. All seems rather structured to me, whether the call was true or not. There is no vid posted.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 04:41:35 »

Even having an owner who may be an avid fan is no guarantee of continuing success. Jack Walker and Dave Whelan both poured millions into gaining success for Blackburn and Wigan. Which is fine until they are no longer there and you end up with the Venkys and whoever fucked Wigan up.

In the main, owners are not particularly altruistic - most see it as an opportunity to extract money by hook or by crook. From loans to clubs charging exorbitant interest or just plain pocketing the cash under some guise or other.

I always remember old Moosehead saying that the club will be fine under Power - until he leaves and all the ‘stuff’ will come tumbling out. If by selling up to Clem and not a complete outsider that ‘stuff’ could well remain in-house rather than fall into the public domain.

Seems like a pivotal moment from the club - again!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 08:24:34 »

I always remember old Moosehead saying that the club will be fine under Power - until he leaves and all the ‘stuff’ will come tumbling out.

Power does seem to get under peoples skin, he managed to flip Morshead from probably the best local sports reporter we have seen to dumped 15 year old girl, almost over night.

It just wouldn't be Swindon if we didn't have a pivotal crisis at least once a month.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 09:40:15 »

If Wrexham have Ryan Reynolds surely we can get the Greatest Showman to come on board  🤞
Good shout, I would love to see Sammy Igoe back at the club.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 11:58:33 »

Apologies if posted elsewhere but I note that the Evening Advertiser has a short report on their website confirming that the Axis v Power & Others litigation has been concluded by agreement.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Friday, November 27, 2020, 12:16:14 »

If Wrexham have Ryan Reynolds surely we can get the Greatest Showman to come on board  🤞

Considering his well documented 'rivalry' with Reynolds, if Jackman is going to buy anyone it would be Chester City.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 02:52:24 »

You can whack the recent "Court Cases" Fred in this already 40+ page offering if you like Mods Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 03:51:41 »

I wonder what the chances are of anyone's legal team being not sufficiently prepared for this particular hearing? Thus kicking the can a little further down the road...

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 05:21:35 »

Who benefits from dragging this out?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: