Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154123 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:32:11 »

Hmmm, no manipulation here.  Worth reiterating that I sought Clem out, not the other way around.  I think any 'skulking in the shadows' is a by-product of years of lack of transparency and proper engagement with fans.  And remember Clem is a minority shareholder so can't act on behalf of the club unilaterally.
Ok Clem.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:36:06 »

I just want people to keep an open mind.

As I've rightly been told to do so over Power/Wellens in the past.  

Sceptical yes, you have to be. ditto the American interest...
-----
I'm assuming Clem still wants to invest in the club and not just get his money back. It''s all gone a bit quiet as far as I can see, except the actual court case.
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #587 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:39:04 »

Don't get me wrong, I understand the cynicism - after all we support one of the most consistently mediocre clubs in the country!  But my point is really to keep an open mind on Clem - he seems happy to speak to anyone who wants to, and he's def never said anything controversial or off-brief to me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #588 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:41:59 »

I just want people to keep an open mind.
Oh I am, I always do.

I'm assuming Clem still wants to invest in the club and not just get his money back.
This is the point I am concerned by, I don't think anybody who is not genuinely loaded financially will ever put money in without wanting a return, and wanting the return to be far greater than the initial outlay.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:44:16 »

Don't get me wrong, I understand the cynicism - after all we support one of the most consistently mediocre clubs in the country!  But my point is really to keep an open mind on Clem - he seems happy to speak to anyone who wants to, and he's def never said anything controversial or off-brief to me.
That's fair enough and tbf if you've met him and found him to be OK in your opinion, perfectly entitled to say so. Just tell him to leave Gazza out of it Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:46:03 »

Oh I am, I always do.
This is the point I am concerned by, I don't think anyvbody who is not loaded financially will ever put money in without wanting a return, and wanting the return to be far greater than the initial outlay.
Also he came on board despite Power being ‘devil incarnate’ according to some. No businessman would sink in that kind of money without doing due diligence so must of been happy at the time. So I find the whole Power has effectively duped him out of money narrative a bit hard to swallow, I think there’s a little bit more to this. If it is true though then you’d really have to question his business acumen....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #591 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:48:46 »

Also he came on board despite Power being ‘devil incarnate’ according to some. No businessman would sink in that kind of money without doing due diligence so must of been happy at the time. So I find the whole Power has effectively duped him out of money narrative a bit hard to swallow, I think there’s a little bit more to this. If it is true though then you’d really have to question his business acumen....
Absolutely.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:51:48 »

Hmmm, no manipulation here.  Worth reiterating that I sought Clem out, not the other way around.  I think any 'skulking in the shadows' is a by-product of years of lack of transparency and proper engagement with fans.  And remember Clem is a minority shareholder so can't act on behalf of the club unilaterally.

Wasting your time here mate.... most of the vociferous posters , think that STFC fan engagement is wonderful, and won't countenance an opposing view
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:17:10 »

Don't get me wrong, I understand the cynicism - after all we support one of the most consistently mediocre clubs in the country!
Errrr, in case you haven't been paying attention we are now the (joint) second most winningest (and if that isn't a word then it ruddy well ought to be) 4th Tier title winning side of all time. Nothing mediocre about that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:28:17 »

Wasting your time here mate.... most of the vociferous posters , think that STFC fan engagement is wonderful, and won't countenance an opposing view

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 12:57:00 »

I missed Reg.

Fortunately, none of us are fans of the owner, we are fans of the club.  That works well because it means we can turn on an owner in an instant if we need to.

Power is shady so and so, I am sure Reg will check, but I am pretty sure I made some cautious notes when he came out of the shadows about his time at Cambridge.  I certainly don't think he is the Devil and he gets a lot of unfair stick - he did fuck up a couple of seasons by not changing direction and he did appoint Flitcroft, but he's given us a couple of very entertaining teams to watch as well.  He's obviously got some contacts in the game, even if he uses them dubiously.

Clem - no real opinion on the chap other than I don't like Aussie accents.  He seems like he'd be in it to make a name in a Stadium development as the lead rather than being a contractor/sub-contractor.  That could be a future revenue stream for his business.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 12:58:35 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #596 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 13:06:13 »

I missed Reg.

Fortunately, none of us are fans of the owner, we are fans of the club.  That works well because it means we can turn on an owner in an instant if we need to.

Power is shady so and so, I am sure Reg will check, but I am pretty sure I made some cautious notes when he came out of the shadows about his time at Cambridge.  I certainly don't think he is the Devil and he gets a lot of unfair stick - he did fuck up a couple of seasons by not changing direction and he did appoint Flitcroft, but he's given us a couple of very entertaining teams to watch as well.  He's obviously got some contacts in the game, even if he uses them dubiously.

Clem - no real opinion on the chap other than I don't like Aussie accents.  He seems like he'd be in it to make a name in a Stadium development as the lead rather than being a contractor/sub-contractor.  That could be a future revenue stream for his business.
This.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 13:24:59 »

Fortunately, none of us are fans of the owner, we are fans of the club.  

Which is why I pointed out that the links between fans and club had become broken.

This, of course leading to the situation, where we find out who may or not own the club, who may or may not be selling the club, if it doesn't go into Admin and a large sum was trousered by someone on Matt Ritchie that we didn't know about. All revealed in a court case.

Classic example of false consciousness
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 13:28:20 »

Errrr, in case you haven't been paying attention we are now the (joint) second most winningest (and if that isn't a word then it ruddy well ought to be) 4th Tier title winning side of all time. Nothing mediocre about that.

And we've lost 3 times at new wembley without a shot on target. That's proper shit
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 13:29:34 »

I’d hazard a guess that 90% of owners are real dirtbags, skimming money here and there, charging exorbitant interest on their loans to clubs etc.

We’re different because everything always comes out. Must be the worst club in the land for keeping all the shady stuff secret.

That’s the only difference between us and all the others.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: