Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154181 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 13:20:57 »

Christ it reads like it has been translated from another language.

Only part I can comment upon from personal knowledge that its actually quite difficult to build Flats and Retail Outlets behind the backs of the supportors, people tend to notice such things being built.

Not forgetting the spirting covenant.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 13:24:36 »

Absolutely, most of those players were in their mid 20s so the perfect age and had the fitness from the Macari years. I think Chic Bates did the hard yards in pre season with them before Ossie came in.

Those that were still there by 93 like Bodin and Ross McLaren were 29/30 and injuries starting catch up on them.

Also in 1990 before the Premier League money came in, promoted sides were usually a surprise package and stayed up in the first year. Millwall were an example from a couple of years before.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 14:46:25 »

Quote from: JanAirplaneMan
Its quite obvious an attempted slur on Clem, given the covenant on the CG that it has to be used for sport there is no hope in hell of flats and houses so its a non story and from someone who knows very little IMO.

that's my take too.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:18:38 »

Someones paying for sponsered facebook posts.

https://redrobinuk426348995.wordpress.com/

Bit of a strange twist.

Swindon FC?? Not happy about that.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:31:28 »

It does read quite oddly.

I know nothing about Clem, other than that he is an Australian involved in property related activities. He is clearly not a lifelong STFC fan, so it is likely his interest in acquiring part of the Club is linked to the possible business opportunity of redevelopment of the CG - I am not an expert in that field, but other clubs have built new stands with other developments integrated within them (eg Palace - a supermarket, Chelsea - hotel etc). He isn’t necessarily a predator, but he could be.

I do however struggle with some of the anti Power stuff on here and elsewhere. He is guilty of some bad decisions in managerial appointments - Luke, Flitcroft, Brown, but got it right with Wellens, who he has backed by allowing him to handle recruitment of players (he did likewise with Flitcroft). He was unlucky with Martin Ling, but did the right thing when Ling’s health meant he had to stand down.
His communication with supporters has been poor, and he interfered in signings when Luke was manager, and the Tactics Tim fiasco needs no further comment.
It’s easy to list outgoing transfers and fees (allegedly) pocketed, but the other side is he has signed players, had to cover losses as player wages have exceeded ticket income at times, and had to pay off some of the above named managers when he sacked them (plus Cooper and some back room staff too).

Let’s have some balance in the discussion please.

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:33:33 »

Re 1990, no doubt that side would have done ok in Div 1 - Calderwood and Kerslake would have been better at the back to start with, and we’d have had McLaughlin in midfield and Shearer up front too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #561 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:36:13 »

It does read quite oddly.

I know nothing about Clem, other than that he is an Australian involved in property related activities. He is clearly not a lifelong STFC fan, so it is likely his interest in acquiring part of the Club is linked to the possible business opportunity of redevelopment of the CG - I am not an expert in that field, but other clubs have built new stands with other developments integrated within them (eg Palace - a supermarket, Chelsea - hotel etc). He isn’t necessarily a predator, but he could be.

I do however struggle with some of the anti Power stuff on here and elsewhere. He is guilty of some bad decisions in managerial appointments - Luke, Flitcroft, Brown, but got it right with Wellens, who he has backed by allowing him to handle recruitment of players (he did likewise with Flitcroft). He was unlucky with Martin Ling, but did the right thing when Ling’s health meant he had to stand down.
His communication with supporters has been poor, and he interfered in signings when Luke was manager, and the Tactics Tim fiasco needs no further comment.
It’s easy to list outgoing transfers and fees (allegedly) pocketed, but the other side is he has signed players, had to cover losses as player wages have exceeded ticket income at times, and had to pay off some of the above named managers when he sacked them (plus Cooper and some back room staff too).

Absolutely this 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:37:49 »

Absolutely this 100%.

Agree very much with this.
Flashheart

« Reply #563 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:41:11 »

Fuck that. I want pitchforks.

Who are we angry about?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #564 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:45:06 »

Who are we angry about?
Everything and everyone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:46:02 »

I can't remember. but I'm angry about something.

oh yeah, got to go to Supermarket later
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:48:15 »

but the other side is he has signed players, had to cover losses as player wages have exceeded ticket income at times, and had to pay off some of the above named managers when he sacked them (plus Cooper and some backroom staff too).

I agree with all of that except the above part. Because we're now pretty certain that Power (himself) has likely not been funding the club. Standing/Barry & Clem have. He was looking at Able to come in and do similar. None of that is against the law (finding investment) but if we're to have balance then we need accuracy too.

I've already mentioned, I'm no "Power Out" brigade. If he comes through this looking fairly ok and manages to attract further investment then he will be an even bigger hustler than he already his; and boy he definitely can hustle.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 15:49:12 »

Who are we angry about?

Some cunt called <<Insert cabinet minister name>>

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #568 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 08:51:21 »

Hello all.  I've never posted here before, but regularly visit when stuff happens off the pitch (so a couple of times a year) to get a feel for what other fans think.

Lifelong town fan since Lou M era (35 years), hate the new Wembley, snuck into the ground when we got demoted and walked about the top tier of the old Shrivvy Road stand - that kind of thing.

I just wanted to offer a personal experience of Clem, given the recent court case fiasco and general level of conjecture about Clem (good or bad, what's his motivation, dare we risk to love him too much etc).

A couple of years ago when Clem joined as non exec vice chair, I sent him a speculative message on Linkedin to say hello.  Incredibly he called me straight back!  We ended up meeting for a coffee somewhere in London, and I've met him a handful of  times since - both on matchdays and other random places when he's been in the UK.

As others who have met Clem will attest, he's a very friendly and engaging guy.  Of course my first question was "so why the hell are you interested in Swindon?"  and I've asked him this question since and seen others ask the same.  I genuinely think he loves football, and had some involvement with a non league club before Swindon.  Of course he works in construction, and the dilapidated state of the CG / ongoing ground ownership saga must surely feature in his motivation somewhere, but I only post this comment to offer the sincere and considered opinion that he wants to help drive the club forward.

I've seen him meet members of the Supporters Club to help sort out better disabled access, he's listened intently to my experiences of helping Bath City FC become community owned, I even introduced him to Supporters Direct, the organisation that help football clubs transition to community ownership.  I also believe he's become a (pardon the pun) trusted friend of the Trust.

Throughout the time I have known Clem he talks consistently about the importance of closer ties with the fans, the need for a proper 3-5 year strategy (imagine that!), and better engagement with the business community.  And I saw him genuinely thrilled when we scored a late goal against Newport in the EFL Trophy game at an empty CG.  He also seems loyal and diplomatic - despite my attempts to get a response (and endless graphs about declining attendances, admittedly before this season) he has never said anything critical about LP.

So that's it really.  I'm sure others have had similar experiences, and even though I know I sound a bit 'fanboy' here I just wanted to share mine.  Vote Clem for lasting and meaningful change.  Make STFC great again.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 08:58:52 »

Hi Clem.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: