Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154210 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:00:20 »

Not a great example, for sure, but apart from being skint I don’t think the FA have made a fuss about it.

Also read that the Macclesfield Supporters Trust paid the club £10k for April’s wages and so avoid a further points deduction - and their owner pocketed it and paid nobody.

What a fucker
Jesus, that's fucking awful. Surely they would have legal recourse, that's just outright theft.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:02:59 »

Jesus, that's fucking awful. Surely they would have legal recourse, that's just outright theft.
Now if Power did that can you imagine? he would have been hung by some Town fans.

As you rightly state thats just theft, nothing more nothing less.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:04:20 »

Here is what was said.

The Latest Update from the SST

26th May 2020

Dear all

Many of you will now be aware that the Silkmen Supporters Trust (SST) provided a loan of £10,000 to Macclesfield Town Football Club (MTFC) to help to support payment of wages for the month of April 2020.

We are of course aware of, and can understand the angst of a number of supporters on learning yesterday of the news via Talk Sport and the Star Lane End Facebook page, that the majority shareholder Amar AlKadhi appeared to be ‘bailed out’ by the SST.

I feel it of importance to add some additional context to how this occurred, and I sincerely hope that you will then appreciate if not agree to the rationale as to come to the incredibly difficult decision to loan the money came about so here goes. I would like tp clarify at this point that MTFC's Account Manager has since paid back £500 which was not required, confirming that the Club has accepted this as a loan.

On the afternoon of Thursday 14th May 2020, we were approached by a representative of MTFC (not Amar AlKadhi) who was desperately seeking ways of securing the sum of £10,000 to cover the 20% of the players and staff wages not covered by the furlough scheme. As the afternoon progressed, there appeared to be no evidence that Mr AlKadhi was able, willing or interested in paying this sum which was due by midnight on the 14th May 2020.

The club representative indicated that it was their understanding that if the monies were not paid by the deadline highlighted above, there was a significant risk that MTFC would be at significant risk of a further misconduct charge (with more points deducted) that would see the club go bottom of the English Football League (EFL) Two, and at real risk of relegation from the EFL as a consequence of mismanagement of the club off the field. The consequences of this going forward would almost certainly lead to liquidation of the Club and possession of parts of the Moss Rose by creditors.

I am sure you will all agree that this would have been a huge slap in the face to the playing staff who have performed wonders this season despite a plethora of obstacles. Please also be aware that at this time, we had no idea what the outcome of the meeting of League Two clubs which was subsequently held a day later on the 15th May 2020.

A board member of the SST had contacted Joe Sealey during the afternoon of 14th May 2020 to highlight the seriousness of the situation. Joe made clear his willingness to provide financial support to MTFC upon assurances from Mr AlKadhi that he would sell the club to Joe. We are of the understanding that this offer was rebuffed by Mr AlKadhi.

As the evening progressed there was still no sign that Mr AlKadhi was able or willing to pay the £10,000, and it was highlighted to the SST board that a number of the club’s employees were willing to put in significant sums of their own money to help to pay for the shortfall which goes to show the incredible dedication and loyalty of many of the staff to this wonderful football club of ours.

An emergency Zoom meeting was held with SST board members at 10p.m. on the 14th May 2020 where we were further advised that in order for players to be paid before the midnight deadline, the £10,000 had to be deposited in the account of MTFC by 11.15p.m, We were very heartened by the breaking news that Mr AlKadhi had indicated that he was actively looking to significantly reduce his grip on the operational / fiscal management of MTFC. The significant possibility of an operational board involving what was essentially a board of directors that included a Chair and vice-Chair.

When it became clear that the £10,000 was NOT forthcoming from the football club, there was a unanimous agreement by the SST board members present to transfer the money (as a loan) into the MTFC bank account, and help to negate the threats to safeguard our tenure in the EFL and help secure the club’s survival. This was a very painful decision that bought time for one last opportunity to change the management of the Club and save it in its present form. The decision was arrived at with 10 minutes to spare, and the Club's Account Manager was on hand to assist. We knew that we were damned if we did and damned if we didn't.

Please note that we have received NO sign of appreciation whatsoever from Mr. AlKadhi in respect of the above actions.

The next pay day is due in less than a week’s time and with this in mind, I sent an email to Mr. AlKadhi in the early hours of Sunday 24th May 2020 with a request for detailed responses to the following questions:

Do you have the financial means to ensure that wages of MTFC staff will be paid in full and on time at the end of May, June and July 2020?

Do you have the financial means to resource the other immediate costs of running a football club over the next few difficult months? It would be helpful to understand what they are and how they will be funded.

Do you have appropriate plans in place to reach mutually beneficial agreements with the creditors (football and non-football related) of MTFC? Information on the scale of this liability and how the club intend to fund these would be helpful.

Can you provide some information regarding the time frame you consider that MTFC would need to be be able to repay the £10,000 loan that the SST made to the club on Thursday 14th May 2020?

A response was requested by the time of the SST Board meeting (via Zoom) at 7.30p.m. on Monday 25th May 2020, but was not received by the time of the Zoom meeting .

We will of course keep you updated as to any further developments.

#OURTOWNOURCLUB

Yours Sincerely

Andy Worth

Chairperson of the Silkmen Supporters Trust

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:11:18 »

Blimey, the more you look the more you realise we are by no means the only club being possibly ‘influenced’ by agents.

‘What are your thoughts on that agent kit joorbchian or however its spelt? Seems to have our owners (Reading FC) wrapped around his finger.’
Peter Venkman

« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:16:01 »

Blimey, the more you look the more you realise we are by no means the only club being possibly ‘influenced’ by agents.

‘What are your thoughts on that agent kit joorbchian or however its spelt? Seems to have our owners (Reading FC) wrapped around his finger.’
I think its far more prevalent than most fans realise.

Not heard of Kia Joorabchian, just googled him and going to have a read! seems to be a lot of stories about him and Arsenal from what I can see.

Flashheart

« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:17:50 »

Why so many posters blocked on here No

That would likely be becasue you have been clicking on the 'ignore' button under peoples' names. Click it again if you wish to unblock them.

This message will likely be a waste of bandwidth if you have me ignored as well, but ho hum.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:20:39 »

Well it does seem that he is part funding Reading as you state alongside the Chinese owner Dai Yongge (sounds like a Welsh joke about the dangers of smoking!).

If he is indeed backing them then there is definately a case to answer thats in a very similar boat to Towns relationship with Standing.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:21:19 »

Why so many posters blocked on here No

That would likely be becasue you have been clicking on the 'ignore' button under peoples' names. Click it again if you wish to unblock them.

This message will likely be a waste of bandwidth if you have me ignored as well, but ho hum.
Now it depends if Jimmy has me blocked also Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:22:41 »

Audrey, it's great that you quote stuff you've found elsewhere on t'internet cos it means we all benefit from your wider reading but it would be really helpful if you also provided a link to where you saw it. e.g. that Bolton run by agents thing, where is that from?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:52:30 »

It’s only Twitter stuff but from Bolton fans who are likely to know - same as us

Philip Shortland
@PhilipShortland
·
2h
Replying to
@reluctantnicko
Wanderers are being controlled by two agents, Kenyon and Phoenix despite the damage caused by the previous two agents. No wonder Hill hasn’t been seen for weeks.

PaddyMurray
@PaddyBWFC78
·
2h
Also explains Hill's change in demeanour from January onwards

Philip Shortland
@PhilipShortland
·
2h
Thoroughly undermined. Given Phoenix has never coached or played and spent 6 months at Macc when the players weren’t paid, for Hill to be told he’s your boss, is a bitter pill for an experienced manager.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:57:12 »

It’s only Twitter stuff but from Bolton fans who are likely to know - same as us

Philip Shortland
@PhilipShortland
·
2h
Replying to
@reluctantnicko
Wanderers are being controlled by two agents, Kenyon and Phoenix despite the damage caused by the previous two agents. No wonder Hill hasn’t been seen for weeks.

PaddyMurray
@PaddyBWFC78
·
2h
Also explains Hill's change in demeanour from January onwards

Philip Shortland
@PhilipShortland
·
2h
Thoroughly undermined. Given Phoenix has never coached or played and spent 6 months at Macc when the players weren’t paid, for Hill to be told he’s your boss, is a bitter pill for an experienced manager.
Cheers Audrey!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:15:39 »

Many thanks

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:18:47 »

Not heard of Kia Joorabchian, just googled him and going to have a read! seems to be a lot of stories about him and Arsenal from what I can see.

Joorabchian has been knocking around for years, first came to light with MSI and their ownership of Tevez and Mascherano and the subsequent fuss between West Ham and Sheff Utd. He also has/had links to  Pini Zahav.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:45:41 »

Horlock beat me to it. Was going to say I was certain he was the fella in love in the Tevez West Ham/Sheff Utd relegation debacle; surrounding player ownership I believe.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #539 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 08:56:41 »

With all this court case stuff going around, a timely reminder that it was 30 years ago today that we played Sunderland in that fateful play off game that eventually resulte din our demotion and reinstatement in Div 2.

And a Sunderland view on that day.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/nostalgia/30-years-inside-track-play-final-saw-sunderland-promoted-despite-defeat-2866461

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: