Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154173 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:04:24 »

So basically he knows nothing more than what has come out in the court case then?

What happened to the EXPLOSIVE revelations and iceberg tip hinted at by that self-effacing Journo Paul Smith?

More storm in a tea cup with no actual basis of truth I am guessing or we would have heard by now surely? and don't call me Shirley Smiley

Pretty much matches my assessment of the situation. I personally think as I have mentioned I’d be really surprised if there were any nailed on breaking of the governing bodies rules. Bending them like Beckham, absolutely. If there was any chance these wide boys and by that I mean all of them losing it all due to rule breaking they’d not have had any involvement with each other. What it really shows to me and confirms what some have said and others assumed is that Power is not the loaded saviour of STFC. In broader terms of football club ownership and financial backing our owner does not have a sizeable pot to piss in. Indeed his pot is bigger than mine but then so are millions of others.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:10:51 »

I agree totally with all of that.

Now lets see if Paul Smith puts his money where his mouth is, I would put money on him not backing it up with any facts, and if he does then they will not be the EXPLOSIVE revelations he claims.

Just a hunch I have, as Quasimodo said to Esmerelda.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:13:55 »

Pretty much what the Trust guy said the other day:

We saw the twitter updates from him and were concerned like everyone else, he seems to be a journalist making the move from the tabloids to being freelance and  one view was he was potentially trying to make a name for himself by attempting to create a story to then sell. You would have thought if there was a story it would have potentially been in the press this weekend. The Trust are not aware though of anything further on this.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:28:59 »

I agree totally with all of that.

Now lets see if Paul Smith puts his money where his mouth is, I would put money on him not backing it up with any facts, and if he does then they will not be the EXPLOSIVE revelations he claims.

Just a hunch I have, as Quasimodo said to Esmerelda.

On a similar vein there was a journo on Twitter over the weekend suggesting that something explosive was going to come out on Sunday which would help Johnson hugely and overshadow the whole Cummings story.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:34:30 »

On a similar vein there was a journo on Twitter over the weekend suggesting that something explosive was going to come out on Sunday which would help Johnson hugely and overshadow the whole Cummings story.
I know being a journo is difficult at the best of times, but this is just attention seeking shit (on both counts with Boris and the club).

Is there any wonder why our press have such a poor reputation for telling lies?

Look at me, I have a story, its amazing, never before revealed......Boris's cat likes to eat cat food....

Next....

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:01:11 »

Being a Journo isn’t difficult.

You make things up. It’s like a paid ITK internet troll.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:05:03 »

Just guessing here, but I presume the FA would have to prove that any investment came with any sort of influence.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:06:52 »

Did Paul Scholes give up his Salford shares when he went to Oldham?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:11:14 »

Did Paul Scholes give up his Salford shares when he went to Oldham?

Salford City Football Club is delighted that Paul Scholes has accepted the role of Football Manager at Oldham Athletic AFC. Although Paul was never operational in Salford City he will resign as a director of the football club, allowing him to focus completely on his new role at Oldham.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:15:12 »

Ah, cheers JJ
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:21:52 »

Salford City Football Club is delighted that Paul Scholes has accepted the role of Football Manager at Oldham Athletic AFC. Although Paul was never operational in Salford City he will resign as a director of the football club, allowing him to focus completely on his new role at Oldham.

Nothing to suggest he gave up his shares though.

A quick look at Companies house suggests that he still retains his shares in PROJECT 92 LIMITED who appear to be the overall parent of Salford City.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:25:24 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:24:31 »

Nothing to suggest he gave up his shares though.

Salford City have clarified their position after Paul Scholes was confirmed as Oldham Athletic's new manager. The club have released a statement announcing that the Manchester United legend will retain his stake in the National League club. But he will no longer be a director after taking the Oldham job.

Surely still a conflict of interests?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:27:00 »

Surely still a conflict of interests?

Looks that way to me, and I imagine they have better Lawyers than Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:32:09 »

Does it count if it's national league?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:38:52 »

I personally think as I have mentioned I’d be really surprised if there were any nailed on breaking of the governing bodies rules. Bending them like Beckham, absolutely. If there was any chance these wide boys and by that I mean all of them losing it all due to rule breaking they’d not have had any involvement with each other.

It's pretty clear that Power and co have been at best flouting the rules for some years..... see the charter requirement for fan's forums.

The situatioin is dependent on circumstances, as to how the authorities might react to this.... we can't tell. 

In 1990, our misdemeanours coincided with a need to make someone an example for dodgy payments, and it was never going to be a ManU or Spurs.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: