Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154117 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 08:26:41 »

I’m wondering, if Power actually has a 100% concrete buyer lined up for the club known or unknown. The sale to go through as soon as the ownership/cash squabble is settled. This may explain why Wellens is relaxed or appears to be relaxed about the clubs future and by association his and the players. Unless he knows that if it doesn’t then he will walk into another club the same day we go tits up.

Wellens is in a strong position because of 3 year contract... he backs Power and if it blows over relatively trouble free, Power is beholding. If it's new owners, they might want to try and keep him, but if not his stock is high atm then should get a new job.. he can then clear himself with te fans who'll blame owners.

Similar happened with Sturrock.... he knew his trade, and but it always seemed a bit surprising that in the dark days of Diamandis he backed the ancien regime and jumped as soon as Fitton/Black/Arbib took over

All this of course assumes, that we get back to something like "normal"  and get a 20/21 season.   
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:11:35 »

Wasn’t something supposed to be in Sun on Sunday today?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:15:28 »

Yes I was thinking that too from the Smith rumours a few days ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:18:28 »

shhhh  Zipped
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:06:06 »

The Trust are issuing a review of the court cases this afternoon. Could be interesting, to put it mildly.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:17:14 »

Definitely.  I thought the Adver piece, by the way, was excellent.  Very clear and well laid out.  But will definitely make time to read the Trust's take when they publish.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:28:52 »

Hi All
Having reviewed all the details of the court cases etc, this is the Trusts response to the current situation.
Thanks
https://truststfc.tv/court-cases-review
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:31:56 »

A good summary for the not legally inclined - unsurprising new information being the stadium purchase is on hold until we know who owns the club (and for a few other reasons besides, you'd imagine)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:44:43 »

thanks Jan. I take it from that the Trust is no longer engaging with Clem then.

I don't have a response to all this other than throwing my arms in the air  and saying for fucks sake.

(not at the trust, at the situation)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:45:46 »

Another rumour of multiple rumours it would seem.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:47:20 »

I’m baffled by the Standing/Barry scenario. If it was all done on a nod and a wink, all mates together, basis what it boils down to is Power being given a pile of cash for nothing in return. Neither Standing nor Barry legally own 50% of STFC so how can there be any repercussions from the EFL?

What does Power gain from claiming the money came from Barry and not Standing - what difference does that make?

At least it looks like Axis will get their shareholding formalised and Power will, indeed, end up with a CGT bill. Why he and/or his advisers didn’t think of that beforehand, God knows.

I presume all parties will want to avoid an expensive court case.

Hopefully there is a third party waiting the wings to take over yet another bollox of an ownership. Maybe in partnership with the Trust.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:49:02 »

I preface this comment by saying that I am not 'trolling' but, I have read the summary and I never really understand comments such as  "we ... will ensure we fight for the rights of Swindon Town supporters."  In reality, what rights are we talking about?

Nothing to see here

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:50:55 »

Also, does the injunction preventing Power from selling assets apply to the players - seeing as Standing/Barry supposedly get 50% of any fee.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:52:52 »

I preface this comment by saying that I am not 'trolling' but, I have read the summary and I never really understand comments such as  "we ... will ensure we fight for the rights of Swindon Town supporters."  In reality, what rights are we talking about?

The right to blindly follow a football club irrespective of who the owners are good or bad and throw our hard earned cash to them.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:52:58 »

I’m baffled by the Standing/Barry scenario. If it was all done on a nod and a wink, all mates together, basis what it boils down to is Power being given a pile of cash for nothing in return. Neither Standing nor Barry legally own 50% of STFC so how can there be any repercussions from the EFL?

What does Power gain from claiming the money came from Barry and not Standing - what difference does that make?

At least it looks like Axis will get their shareholding formalised and Power will, indeed, end up with a CGT bill. Why he and/or his advisers didn’t think of that beforehand, God knows.

I presume all parties will want to avoid an expensive court case.

Hopefully there is a third party waiting the wings to take over yet another bollox of an ownership. Maybe in partnership with the Trust.

Doing things on the basis of oral agreements etc is regular occurrence.

They are the equitable or beneficial owners.  I assume that they will want the court to order that the legal interest in the shares (which they already beneficially own) are transferred to them.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: