Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154176 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:45:48 »

The £7.5M is probably based on what Power and Standing have lent/invested in the club over the last few years so are simply looking to get their money back plus a bit of profit.

Any football club owner would look to get their money back but few manage to so that at this level. What were the Black/Fitton losses, the best part of £10M written off.

The court papers suggested Power tried to change the Clem deal to a loan because it created a capital gain tax liability for him. Clem wanted to stick to the share sale contract and Power kept trying to change it by altering the transfer forms.
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 12:39:17 »

Just how much has Power really put into the club,? If Standing has put 6 mil in and Clem 1.1 mil , perhaps half a million, lby my reckoning, Power  has put in , but in the same time we know he has pocketed nearly 2 mil  with the Ritchie  sale ..... plus what other transfer fees that have occurred over the last few years..

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 12:48:21 »

We have sold a lot of players for fairly big money these past few years... just off the top of my head, Flint, Collins, Caddis, Austin, Gladwin, Bodin, Luongo, Louis T, Byrne, Ritchie... couple of youngsters too... how much for all of that?!

(Bodin was sold by Wray/Black)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 12:52:14 »

For many of the extremely negative Town fanbase that appears to still be the currently elusive and inevitable goal they seem to wish for.

And the only possible outcome for them, they all know who they are on here.
I just don’t get what they get out of it? I couldn’t imagine living a life of a pure negativity just for the opportunity to say ‘I told you so’ at some point. Even in this thread there’s a couple of posters that haven’t posted since 2017 and only seem to pop up in Boardroom type topics.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 12:56:33 »

Mother Theresa could have bought the club and people would have slated her.
TBF Mother Theresa knew fuck all about football and would have diverted most of the transfer budget into feeding the poor and needy instead of paying money to agents as should be the case. She'd have been a fucking disaster
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:03:56 »

We have sold a lot of players for fairly big money these past few years... just off the top of my head, Flint, Collins, Caddis, Austin, Gladwin, Bodin, Luongo, Louis T, Byrne, Ritchie... couple of youngsters too... how much for all of that?!

Ajose also
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:09:27 »

Austin was sold by Fitton, Ritchie money got us through to the end of the season under Jed. Collins and Caddis we pretty much forced out and couldn’t afford to keep so got next to nothing. But yeah there’s a fair amount in the rest.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:17:33 »

So, short of stuff that is actually illegal, what is the worst thing a club/owner can do in the eyes of the footballing authorities?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:23:13 »

So, short of stuff that is actually illegal, what is the worst thing a club/owner can do in the eyes of the footballing authorities?
Criticise the EFL officials (including refs) or not make players fulfil media commitments?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:24:43 »

Austin was sold by Fitton, Ritchie money got us through to the end of the season under Jed. Collins and Caddis we pretty much forced out and couldn’t afford to keep so got next to nothing. But yeah there’s a fair amount in the rest.
Good point(s)!
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 13:56:09 »

But legally speaking, as it stands Clem doesn't own any stake in STFC yet. We know he does own 15% technically but those shares have still not been signed over. They will in due course, the judge pretty much said that they have to be (one of the few things that were clear in his assessment). The question for me is, and forgetting Standing/Barry/Able etc. Why is Power refusing to sign over the 15% to Clem? Not in a personal sense either because legally he hasn't done so for nearly 2 years. It's not the kind of thing that just slips your mind. It's an intentional withholding. But why?

So back to the highlighted part of your comment. Legally then, if Clem doesn't technically own anything yet, why does he have to come out and say what his plan is? What I mean is, it isn't his place to. He doesn't own or part own the club (yet) so surely he is just doing everything within a legal business framework. He's not required to say anything. Plus could you imagine, especially now we understand the status, if he came out and said "I'm going to do X Y Z, with STFC". People would say, "who's this bloke, he's not the owner or a majority stakeholder".

Btw, I'm neither a Power or Clem or whoever fan. So I hope you don't think I'm one of those rearing their head. Anything but  Smiley I'm a Swindon Town FC fan, I expect any board to behave within all legal capacities and act responsibly to maintain that STFC continues to be a professional club. Even if their personal priority is to make money (always a strange one in footy), that's just business.

It all sits uncomfortably for me, and likely others because we've been here so many times. The cusp of greatness, everything going hunky mcfuckin dory and then wallop! A great big salmon smacks us in the face; again.

We all know that Power is as straight as the famous Greek, Skolios. We'd be naive to think otherwise. Yet it does seem he has a genuine care about the existence of the club.
Never heard of Skolios but I see the point you make!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 15:59:22 »

I assume that the pleaded case is that they own the shares in equity

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 16:38:29 »

Just how much has Power really put into the club,? If Standing has put 6 mil in and Clem 1.1 mil , perhaps half a million, lby my reckoning, Power  has put in , but in the same time we know he has pocketed nearly 2 mil  with the Ritchie  sale ..... plus what other transfer fees that have occurred over the last few years..

These were my thoughts too. Like I say, he certainly knows how to hustle.

Power has always claimed "I've put £xm of my own money into this club..." yet if we look over the last 7yrs (since Standing/Barry involvement), we could quite easily bring into question whether Power has actually put any or very much of his own money into the club, at all? Since there has been at least £7.1m put in by Standing & Clem. Not counting for competition awards and player sales (sits at about £4m up thanks to L Thompson, Byrne, Gladwin & Luongo). Can't say for sure but it could be less than £500k (of his own actual cash). Strange how, if we say it was £400k.....that figure between the three parties adds up to...£7.5m...hmmm now where is that figure mooted?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 16:42:53 »

No not at all I understand fully what you mean, I would like to hear what Clem has to say on it, that may not happen due to legal reasons anyway TBH.

I am neither Power or Clem but pro club in this, I want what is best and who can say what is best?

Indeed and I agree. I think most of us want what's best. Those that say things like "I'd prefer to see us go under than go out the league with LP" etc, just need ignoring. There's no reasoned debate and don't have any interest in Town really. Just trollish. Likely puts stuff on FB like "gettin' toold up tonite" then at 7.15pm recieves message "your tea's ready poppet"  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 07:43:55 »

I’m wondering, if Power actually has a 100% concrete buyer lined up for the club known or unknown. The sale to go through as soon as the ownership/cash squabble is settled. This may explain why Wellens is relaxed or appears to be relaxed about the clubs future and by association his and the players. Unless he knows that if it doesn’t then he will walk into another club the same day we go tits up.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: