Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154192 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:08:05 »

Only concern I would have is that Gareth Barry is a 'name' and such gets media coverage unlike a troll from Cyprus.
Absolutely although I am inclined to think that the issue lies more so with Standing using a current footballers income to invest in a club. So the FA I feel is more likely to apply sanctions to Standing and Barry as they are the people who actually put the money in. Of course it could just as likely be applied to Power for breaking the rules as it is to Standing and Barry.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:41:15 »

Only concern I would have is that Gareth Barry is a 'name' and such gets media coverage unlike a troll from Cyprus.
And it's a valid concern tbf, which is probably why they will investigate this when they couldn't have been less interested in Diamandis. Still think it highly unlikely the club would get the ultimate punishment or anywhere near it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:44:28 »

Power was/is a football agent. If there is no problem with any old Tom, Dick or Harry pumping money into a club why are there specific EFL rules on the subject?
If you're asking why are there rules about agents and players having involvement in running of clubs, it's to prevent conflicts of interest. So if an agent owned or had a major interest in a club, he could use that club to sign all his clients, to benefit the players and his agency even if it's not in the best interests of the club; or conversely sign players on poor contracts to benefit the club even if it's not in the best interests of his clients. Of course, I'm sure if the League and FA do look at this in relation to us, they'll be all over Mendes' involvement at Wolves and will be going over that with a fine tooth comb. Chinny reckon.
REDBUCK

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:52:54 »

Its all a nonsense really, FWIU Axis are a contractor (mainly plumbing!), and to be honest getting a contractor on board is one of the easiest parts of any development project, they are literally begging for work, just being a contractor doesn't mean that they have a clue about delivering development projects. On something like the ground anyone delivering the project would just employ a professional team led by a PM, so unless Clem has suggested he can deliver at a cheap rate not sure what he brings.

Indeed they do, examples

1. Chelsea
2. Bristol City
3. Power
4. Bury/Oxford etc.

Not convinced that Lansdown Senior  was ever in love with City but rather used them as a vehicle to give back to the city and then only selectively to those areas that would benefit him. Apparently He was sniffing around Rovers in the early days, when rugby was still played at the mem, until they refused his advances and pissed him off.

Lansdown Jnr who is now in charge is a fan

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:52:59 »

Genuine question, what makes you think he is a multi millionaire that is loaded?

He may have some wealth (compaired to the average man) but hes certainly no Andrew Black, Roman Abramovich or even a Shiekh Mythingy who have a metric shit ton of money to waste.

What makes you think he has finances or backers with that sort of cash to burn on a Div 4 team?

Or do you know something I am not privvy to? Wink

He told me when he rang me the other night....  Wink Girl Giggle

TBH I  kind of ignored the wealth bit of your classification and was more depending on the plaything/ego trip element!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 11:13:26 »

Not convinced that Lansdown Senior  was ever in love with City but rather used them as a vehicle to give back to the city and then only selectively to those areas that would benefit him. Apparently He was sniffing around Rovers in the early days, when rugby was still played at the mem, until they refused his advances and pissed him off.
Looking at the relative trajectories of the two clubs since, Rovers dodged a bullet there then Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #186 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:23:52 »

When's the next court date anyway? Anybody know?

Are we going to be left in limbo for weeks/months?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:33:53 »

Might be wrong, but I got the feeling the judge has said ‘grow up and sort it out between yourselves’

It’s a civil matter and nobody has come out of it smelling of roses. The stumbling block could well be Standing/Barry still being owed £3.7m. Who’s going to pay that? Power looks like he only owns 35% of the club anyway - £2.45m if sold for £7m. Clem @ £1.05m which leaves £3.5 for Standing.

All less any other debts, creditors of course. No good relying on the Bogle sale now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:58:09 »

ah, but it seems no bugger has got their shares, so technically power owns 100% of the club.

maybe not legally, certainly not morally, but....

oh I don't know.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:00:07 »

And it's a valid concern tbf, which is probably why they will investigate this when they couldn't have been less interested in Diamandis. Still think it highly unlikely the club would get the ultimate punishment or anywhere near it.
True, also seeing as this dates back to 2013 I'm not sure how any punishment could be put on the club as we're now 7 years down the line.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:15:41 »

ah, but it seems no bugger has got their shares, so technically power owns 100% of the club.

maybe not legally, certainly not morally, but....

oh I don't know.

If that's the case Power needs to get the Companies House return for Swinton Reds 20 sorted sharpish. Confirmation Statement on 15th August last year confirms Clem owns 15%.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08462753/filing-history

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:17:48 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #191 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:23:34 »

True, also seeing as this dates back to 2013 I'm not sure how any punishment could be put on the club as we're now 7 years down the line.
In 1990 some of the financial irregularities were from 6 years previously, that didn't stop the league demoting us back then.

I don't think this will happen now though.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:26:10 »

In 1990 some of the financial irregularities were from 6 years previously, that didn't stop the league demoting us back then.

I don't think this will happen now though.
If they were to take harsh action against us for agent/player having an interest in the club, that would revive the furore among Championship clubs about the role Mendes played in Wolves' rise to the Prem. That's not a scab the League are keen to have scratched at
Peter Venkman

« Reply #193 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:28:24 »

If they were to take harsh action against us for agent/player having an interest in the club, that would revive the furore among Championship clubs about the role Mendes played in Wolves' rise to the Prem. That's not a scab the League are keen to have scratched at
Absolutely.

I can see nothing more than Power, Standing and Barry given slaps on the wrist at most, no club sanctions despite many (so called) Town fans actively desiring that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:30:20 »

If that's the case Power needs to get the Companies House return for Swinton Reds 20 sorted sharpish. Confirmation Statement on 15th August last year confirms Clem owns 15%.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08462753/filing-history

I think that’s what Power ‘forgot’ to sign and/or slightly changed the Axis name
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: