Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 155502 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:27:32 »

Cue FA investigation that trundles on for months.

Would any potential sanctions be aimed at individuals or the club?

Putting us back in the same division as in 2013 would be ok.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:35:17 »

Interesting times and suggest time for once is on "our" side.

Court ruling states no major change on the Financial situation until a trial. Admin out of the question !!!
Standing / Barry are not shareholders.
Club can't be sold without ageement of others
Power, I suggest is out of money

Wonder how and where the cards will drop.

Great opportunity for the Trust to stand up and have a say.

I haven't read the court papers in full, but if Power is out of cash who is going to pay the bills whilst this shit show is sorted out?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:38:37 »

BBC Radio Wiltshire piece this morning, including Rob Angus of Trust STFC view. Starts at 08:07 (only about 10 minutes in total)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_wiltshire

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:39:41 »

thanks Fraser.

@horlock who the fuck knows! probably nobody. they'll have some season ticket money trickling in I guess*, but it'll be absolutely miniscule

* it used to be the case I think that some finance sources paid the club pro rata across the term.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:50:04 »

I haven't read the court papers in full, but if Power is out of cash who is going to pay the bills whilst this shit show is sorted out?
Power says he can’t fund it - the judge doesn’t believe him.

Standing said he is still willing to fund the club.

If the club folds or put into admin then they all lose everything.

Power is good at playing the poor card, that’s for sure.

I still can’t work out if this Able company are or are not still interested. The sole director of a newly formed company Able Company Swindon LLC has one director - a Boston property developer. Now, I wonder what his interest could be now that the CG is going to be sold.

Be good to hear from the Trust on this.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:50:48 »

Be good to hear from anyone!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:00:49 »

What I don't get is why did he do the interview on Talksport last weekend knowing this court case was happening as apart from stating all clubs were worried about their finances with no income coming in he seemed upbeat

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:05:41 »

Either denial, or he's not bothered by it, and all the armchair experts are mis reading everything?  Not a dig, but none of us can really understand the 2 docs. Neither can the media.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:06:42 »

Nobody has ever fully trusted Power, not ever and never will. There has always been a provisio when fans say his name, I trust him to a point etc.

Thats not to say he hasn't done a decent job at Swindon and learnt from his many mistakes, until now he has not dragged the clubs name through the mud at all unlike many other previous owners have done, we all know hes not "minted" as is the new term for a heavily wealthy man but hes made some money and invested (at a cost) in the club. I think hes done quite well in most cases.

I know a fair few people who have fallen out with him on a personal level and would not piss on him if he were on fire but hes never shown any of that to the rest of us fans, hes always as eloquent as any East Ender with money is and comes accross like he is trying to get the best he can for the least money all the time, like any East Ender with or without money!

He talks a good game but will never win over a large proprtion of the fan base for whatever reason historically, the Cheltnumb twat, Jaybox and several others have not ever given any reason for not trusting him other than, hes a cunt, hes not trustworthy etc etc based upon exactly what? a fuck up in ownership/management of Cambridge and Rushden? yet he is the devil incarnate for many yet nobody ever gives the reasons behind the absolute hatred.

I personally have never met and and never will so cannot make a judgement on him based upon hearsay and Chinese whispers unlike some.

As for Clem, I know pretty much fuck all about the bloke, I know hes in the building trade in Australia which says to me hes in it to redevelop the ground and increase his own wealth, something the Power haters have accused him of millions of times, yet they seem open to Clems advances.

Hes not a Town fan, he appears to have no huge amount of wealth, he appears to have few connections with wealth (that we know of), yet he is idolized by the Power haters it seems.

Why? what has he done to deserve this fandom? nothing is out in the public, he seems to pop up now and again in the Adver with a quote which means absolutely nothing if he has no say at board level at the club.

I ask myself all the time why would a moderately wealthy property developer from the other side of the planet be interested in a Division 4 football club who are in the process of buying their own home and developing it?

The outcome is always the same....money, not for the love of the club, not for footballing reasons....purely financial, similar to Power yet Power is fucking vilified for doing EXACTLY this constantly, the only difference is that Clem seems to have contacts in the building business to actually get the job done.

Prospective owners of football clubs are usually in it forone of these 4 reasons (that I can think of).

1. They have a huge amount of wealth to spend as a play thing and can afford to waste in owning a football club and will do whatever they can to acheive footballing glory.

2. They love the club they are owning and want to give something back to the community and supporters of the club they love.

3. They want to make a quick buck by pumping some money into a club at playing level, getting them promoted and becoming a more viable selling option for profit.

4. They are in it to basically get hold of any development rights at clubs, building hotels etc on site or selling prime land and building a new ground outside of the city centre site of the current ground for massive profit.

I think that Power is obviously option 3, which is the most precarious option as it relies upon improvements on the pitch to improve future club sales, he has stated he is not hugely wealthy (so is not a 1) and is not a fan of Swindon (not a 2) he would like to be a 4 but doesn't have the funding or experience to do that even though he has tried with the traing ground etc.

As for Clem, he is obviously a number 4. Is Clem a better option than Power? at least Power has footballing connections, even if he has pissed off a lot of them over the years, Clem has none at all.

You have to ask yourself...what is Clem in it for?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #159 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:14:30 »

Bang on the money PV.

I'd rather Power ran us in the way he is than anyone else buys us primarily as a vehicle for property development.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:15:57 »

Be good to hear from the Trust on this.

See my post above at 09:38
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:24:59 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08cfqkl

1:07

I think Fraser's link has moved time period?

"the fa are aware ..."
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:28:43 »

All I got was a load of inane twaddle from a highly strung woman.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:35:10 »

Had a look on the EFL site regarding the do’s and don’ts of who can and who cannot be involved, directly or indirectly, with a football club. The sanction for breaking these rules

‘111 Powers of The Board in Event of Default

111.1 The Board shall be empowered, upon learning, whether pursuant to Regulations 107, 109 or 113 or otherwise, of any breach of Regulations 78 and 104 to 107 inclusive to require the Club and/or person in question to take such action as is necessary to rectify the breach forthwith or within such period as the Board shall determine.

111.2 Any breach of any of the foregoing Regulations 104 to 107 inclusive, including without limitation knowingly rendering incorrect or incomplete information pursuant to Regulations 107 and 109, shall constitute misconduct. Without prejudice to the range of other sanctions that may be imposed in respect of such breach, any Club in breach of any of the aforesaid Regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:38:57 »

Had a look on the EFL site regarding the do’s and don’ts of who can and who cannot be involved, directly or indirectly, with a football club. The sanction for breaking these rules

‘111 Powers of The Board in Event of Default

111.1 The Board shall be empowered, upon learning, whether pursuant to Regulations 107, 109 or 113 or otherwise, of any breach of Regulations 78 and 104 to 107 inclusive to require the Club and/or person in question to take such action as is necessary to rectify the breach forthwith or within such period as the Board shall determine.

111.2 Any breach of any of the foregoing Regulations 104 to 107 inclusive, including without limitation knowingly rendering incorrect or incomplete information pursuant to Regulations 107 and 109, shall constitute misconduct. Without prejudice to the range of other sanctions that may be imposed in respect of such breach, any Club in breach of any of the aforesaid Regulations may with the sanction of a special resolution passed at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting of The League, be expelled from The League. There shall be no right of appeal against such expulsion.’

I cannot for the life of me believe that LP would not have all the T’s crossed and I’s dotted in relation to any transgressions of ownership rules and regs. It’s one thing to lose other people’s money it is another to lose yours too.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: