Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154135 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 21:06:18 »

reasonable article.

good grief.

£6m in loans from Standing. hope that's to power, though the adver say the club

The court papers link said the loans were £6M but some had been repaid and about £3.7M outstanding.

Last accounts had around £7M of creditors with Power's directors loans at £2.4M.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 22:13:56 »

Only taken 2 days to reach the Sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11671476/gareth-barry-broke-strict-fa-rules-invest-800k-swindon/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 22:18:15 »

soapy tit wank the Cheltenham dipshit is off on one
Flashheart

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 22:49:33 »

IF they have broken rules, why deliberatley make it all open in court? Would the money mean that much to them? Especially somebody like Barry who will still likely have a career in football in one way or another.
Flashheart

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 22:52:06 »

GARETH BARRY “broke strict FA rules” to pump £800,000 into Swindon, it was alleged in court.

I'm quite sure the judge did not say Barry or anybody else broke FA rules. That's just the Sun adding on to whip things up a bit.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 22:59:40 »

soapy tit wank the Cheltenham dipshit is off on one
Just ask him for evidence that we deliberately threw the playoff final, that’s another of his claims.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:08:07 »

Seems to me that once Standing found out about Power not being truthful, over the Ritchie money he's decided to basically fuck him back over.

Two football agents (one an ex) doing the dirty on each other...well you play with fire you get burnt. It's certainly a case of who can be the biggest cunt. With STFC and partially Clem (Axis) stuck in the middle.

I'm not a "Power Out" type but for some reason, when all the dust settles on this, I can see Clem becoming majority owner of the club.

I can only see his initial naive attitude being on having struck up a decent relationship with Power and entrusting him from a far. I suppose if someone you'd known a while said they'd give you your share of the cake in six months instead of three then a lot of us would give the benefit of the doubt.

Two years does take the piss though. No excuses for that. You wouldn't pay off part of your house for two years only for them to turn round and say that percentage still belongs to the previous.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:10:49 »

I'm quite sure the judge did not say Barry or anybody else broke FA rules. That's just the Sun adding on to whip things up a bit.

Red top in sensational shocker. Technically Standing, may not have a leg to stand on. If they were claiming ownership (legally) that'd be suicide. Investing might (I dont know for certain) be a different matter.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:11:45 »

This is what you get when someone is fighting above their their weight.
Lee Power was obviously under capitalised when he took over from Jed and needed to share the "load" with the take over. Desperate times calls for desperate decisions !!!
He was / is cunning and obviously inexperienced in business. He is in denial that people would hold him to account for his actions and promises.
This would explain many of his actions and especially why he was against others including the Advertiser from poking their noses in the day to day running of the club and why he kept a low profile for a long while.
Possibly, just possibly he would have been genuine and paid his dues if and when a proposed sale went through... nobody will ever now.
Just remember, he has keep the club going against all odds and under his stewardship has helped create a very good team that on merit has won promotion (we hope).
This Corvid 19 virus could easily have been the tipping point and WILL catch out hundreds and thousands of punters living on a wing and a prayer.
Living far away from the action, I suggest Lee Power has been caught out and will be seen as a confidence trickster who was taking advantage of a situation.
I see Power as a person who saved our football club in 2013 and has helped it into the next phase of a success period that hopefully with the involvement of our Australian friend and Swindon Town Trust board.
Stay safe Smiley
COYMR's

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:23:30 »

Seems to me that once Standing found out about Power not being truthful, over the Ritchie money he's decided to basically fuck him back over.

Two football agents (one an ex) doing the dirty on each other...well you play with fire you get burnt. It's certainly a case of who can be the biggest cunt. With STFC and partially Clem (Axis) stuck in the middle.

I'm not a "Power Out" type but for some reason, when all the dust settles on this, I can see Clem becoming majority owner of the club.

Clem wants the club 100%

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:25:53 »

He might be a top bloke. Some liken him to Jed, but I don't see it myself. Not that I know much about him.

I still think he's using certain sections of the fan base, though. Which might even be a smart move on his part.

How rich is he? Is he 'Don't worry because we have a minted beneficiary ready to step in and settle everything if needed' rich?
He might be a top bloke. Some liken him to Jed, but I don't see it myself. Not that I know much about him.

I still think he's using certain sections of the fan base, though. Which might even be a smart move on his part.

How rich is he? Is he 'Don't worry because we have a minted beneficiary ready to step in and settle everything if needed' rich?

He’s a genuine bloke, had a decent chat with him yesterday, certainly the most clever out of the bunch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:28:50 »

Much has changed with Covid 19 and especially with the Construction industry.
New Zealand and Australia are making large scale redundancies and many projects are being mothballed.
That said, who know and hopefully someone with passion for the club will come forward.
COYMR's

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 23:37:52 »

Interesting times and suggest time for once is on "our" side.

Court ruling states no major change on the Financial situation until a trial. Admin out of the question !!!
Standing / Barry are not shareholders.
Club can't be sold without ageement of others
Power, I suggest is out of money

Wonder how and where the cards will drop.

Great opportunity for the Trust to stand up and have a say.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 07:37:42 »

Just ask him for evidence that we deliberately threw the playoff final, that’s another of his claims.
We certainly played as though we weren't interested in winning it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 07:47:52 »

*awaits triad betting conspiracy claims*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: