Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154162 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:37:28 »

So Power is well fucked. Likely to end with an (un)gentleman’s agreement rather than incurring any more legal fees.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:38:14 »

They concern interim applications.  The main legal claims will be determined in due course.
Indeed.  

The hearings have been more interesting for the incidental light cast on Power and the funding of STFC.  

Even then, such are Power's methods, the hearings have been interesting because of the lack of light Power is able to bring to a contentious legal hearing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:39:57 by RedRag » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:38:57 »

So Power is well fucked. Likely to end with an (un)gentleman’s agreement rather than incurring any more legal fees.

A case of the real winners likely to be the lawyers.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:42:00 »

A buyer is the out for Power and his unholy alliance.  There is little evidence there will be one but I can't see any of them being too choosy about the suitability of any new buyer for STFC

'twas ever thus, of course, although I believe the hapless Sir Seton was a gent and did care.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:44:14 by RedRag » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:45:02 »

Extra line on the lottery this week, guys!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:53:57 »

Indeed.  

The hearings have been more interesting for the incidental light cast on Power and the funding of STFC.  

Even then, such are Power's methods, the hearings have been interesting because of the lack of light Power is able to bring to a contentious legal hearing.

I know a few lawyers and have picked up some knowledge of litigation practice/ procedure. I understood the reference to the American Cyanamid principles...

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:56:49 »

Extra line on the lottery this week, guys!

Fridays Euromillions is only 24m not much left to buy the club after you have spent on family etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:00:49 »

The only real concern for me is that the EFL do not take kindly to players/agents having shares in clubs and could possibly deduct points or other measures to deter any other club doing similar, as far as I know we could well be the first to be in this situation?

Quite.

Well that and us going under even before Covid financial shitstorm gets us
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:08:20 »

Quite.

Well that and us going under even before Covid financial shitstorm gets us

It can't be anything to worry about as the Adver haven't jumped on it and as we know they literally have no news stories of any note!

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:11:07 »

It can't be anything to worry about as the Adver haven't jumped on it and as we know they literally have no news stories of any note!
They also don't have any sports journalists any more, they laid off the sports desk when the lockdown started. So they have no-one to cover this
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:21:10 »

bbc wilts is slow on 'understanding' too
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:53:54 »

bbc wilts is slow on 'understanding' too
tbf they're probably trying to check WTF is going on before putting anything out. It's a delicate area and misreporting it could cause unnecessary panic (see FB) so no problem with them taking a few hours to get it right
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:54:47 »

yeah, I guess so
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 12:36:29 »

I know a few lawyers and have picked up some knowledge of litigation practice/ procedure. I understood the reference to the American Cyanamid principles...
You've just encouraged me to look that up.  I had glossed over it, so appreciated!

They say a good lawyer should never go onto the next page until he has fully understood the page he has just read.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 12:38:00 by RedRag » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 15:42:07 »

I'm actually reading through the documents in full because I have fuck all else to do.

Power does not come across especially well. When you have the judge describing the facts of the case using words like "Extraordinarily" it doesn't seem like he was terribly impressed.

Amused that both parties seemed to fuck up the maths and therefore Axis might actually own 27.5% rather than the intended 15%.

Not sure if you misread it but the initial SSA read as 15% of 85% (Swinton), and 15% of Seebeck. Meaning it was interpreted as 27.75% but they have been clarified in the proceedings and it is intended to be 15% of the club. However, if Power plays hardball or pushes a little too much with Clem (Axis), then in theory Clem could revert back and lay claim to 27.75%. It seems though that Clem is not wanting to pursue this avenue at present. He just wants Power to giver him his 15% and not sell the club sans consultation.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: