Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154168 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:12:08 »

Yeah, I know. But it’s gone from Hillier et al trousering coinage from the turnstiles to this shit.

I thought we’d got over the ‘where’s the money gone, Lee?’ and were just a club that’s had a bit of success. Going to fuck Wellens right off I’d imagine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:13:36 »

No point in buying a ground when the club for arguement sake end up in the national League or worse
Still need a ground to play at no matter which League we're in. And it still needs protecting against asset-stripping owners. This shitshow only intensifies the argument for the Trust owning a stake in the ground, not diminishes it
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:15:07 »

Still need a ground to play at no matter which League we're in. And it still needs protecting against asset-stripping owners. This shitshow only intensifies the argument for the Trust owning a stake in the ground, not diminishes it

Although it also intensifies the argument for them hiring some fucking good lawyers to draft the exact wording of the contracts!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:15:58 »

You’ve also got to think that if Standing/Barry have ‘invested’ £6m since 2013 what have they had in return for that so far? No wonder clubs struggle financially when any kind of windfall disappears out the back door quicker than you can say ‘Stay Alert!’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:18:34 »

You’ve also got to think that if Standing/Barry have ‘invested’ £6m since 2013 what have they had in return for that so far? No wonder clubs struggle financially when any kind of windfall disappears out the back door quicker than you can say ‘Stay Alert!’

Directors dividends and interest on loans. The latter can be extortionate compared to what banks charge business loan rates at.
Panda Paws

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:18:40 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey link=topic=58223.msg1549222#msg15
What is it about football clubs - and us in particular - that attracts all these fuckwits?

It's not us in particular.

Football economics don't work outside the PL. So, you have to either fund/structure it in a very complex way and take any margin you can at any point (player sales, selling burger contracts), be a romantic sugar daddy or borrow, borrow, borrow on the basis there's a big windfall at some point (PL, land).

I've no doubt our club is no more or less "shady" in its corporate structure and financial engineering than most other clubs.

I do find it interesting it's within our instinct as a fan base to immediately assume whoever Power is up against is in the right, and Power is in the wrong. Let's see how this plays out.

It's in my nature to be in the "better the devil you know camp" - anonymous US or Middle Eastern investment with unknown motives worry me more than Power operating in legal grey areas.

And on the Wellens point - I can't imagine he cares so long as he's left to do his job, has a competitive budget and has a good relationship with people in charge on a day-to-day. Why would he care about the source of finance and corporate structure? He's an employee.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:21:14 by Panda Paws » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:20:05 »

Yes, however, in the national league or lower are you going to generate the cash to make it work?
Panda Paws

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:22:07 »

Yes, however, in the national league or lower are you going to generate the cash to make it work?

Explain how we're at risk of being in the NL, or lower?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:23:31 »

It's not us in particular.

Football economics don't work outside the PL. So, you have to either fund/structure it in a very complex way and take any margin you can at any point (player sales, selling burger contracts), be a romantic sugar daddy or borrow, borrow, borrow on the basis there's a big windfall at some point (PL, land).

I've no doubt our club is no more or less "shady" in its corporate structure and financial engineering than most other clubs.

I do find it interesting it's within our instinct as a fan base to immediately assume whoever Power is up against is in the right, and Power is in the wrong. Let's see how this plays out.

It's in my nature to be in the "better the devil you know camp" - anonymous US or Middle Eastern investment with unknown motives worry me more than Power operating in legal grey areas.
That’s all fine and dandy and quite true. But it seems pretty conclusive to me that Power was/is actively looking to offload the club - and I doubt he’s much bothered who to.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:25:27 »

Explain how we're at risk of being in the NL, or lower?

If, if there are any sanctions regarding ownership or admin etc. Now I hope there isn’t I’m creating a scenario to consider.

No further statements will be issued until I have contacted my lawyers 😉
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:26:51 »

That’s all fine and dandy and quite true. But it seems pretty conclusive to me that Power was/is actively looking to offload the club - and I doubt he’s much bothered who to.

It’s all about the money, money, money, money, money makes the world go round.
Panda Paws

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:27:38 »

Yep the one thing that seems for sure is that Power wants out, and all current interested parties are posturing to maximise their slice of the pie.

I don't know if this Twitter user posts here but a good summation: https://twitter.com/loose_as/status/1263025206496559104

And by good, I mean it matches my opinion and narrative.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:29:24 »

So once again, millions changing hands and nothing written down. I see Standing played 6 games for that yellow lot up the road!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:32:11 »

There is a history of us being made an example of whilst the big boys get a fine they can easily manage.  Whatever the future holds, I would be confident that STFC, even STFC 2021, would rise once again.

Whilst what you are saying is true of bigger clubs, (and this is based on the assumption that we have broken some rules of course) what is massively irritating is that owners of STFC continue to go down this route of trying to flaunt/bend the rules with the arrogance that they can get away with it.

Football club ownership is such a horribly murky business isn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:34:28 »

It’s all about the money, money, money, money, money makes the world go round.

You don't invest in any business, football clubs included unless you are a life long supporter, without expecting a return, when are football supporters going to understand that!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: