Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154183 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 13:15:22 »

He doesn’t have any links to Mr Rooaarr does he?
Don't think so, on a side note Jed's house is for sale on Rightmove and is completely empty in the photo's, almost looks like it's been repossessed...…….not that that would be a shock!
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #331 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 13:16:22 »

Anyone read the replies on the FB post from the town fan with a somewhat colourful criminal past, which has been well documented by the Adver?

If you haven’t, then I suggest looking on the FB group. Comedy gold  

He's in no place to talk about anything when it comes to money. Guy is a complete cunt
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 13:37:56 »

Anyone read the replies on the FB post from the town fan with a somewhat colourful criminal past, which has been well documented by the Adver?

If you haven’t, then I suggest looking on the FB group. Comedy gold 

Gold isnt it. Loads of people mocking him posting adver articles of his crimes
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 13:54:43 »

Ah, the old play off chestnut. Twas dreadful, though. Coops will out him.
Even if it's true that we threw the play off final and Power bet on it (and I don't believe it) I don't see how the Club can be punished, though certainly Power and the players involved would be. Macari and the Chairman bet on us to lose at Newcastle, and were either fined or banned from football for a certain time but the club didn't suffer for that (except that it was a stepping stone towards the illegal payments which was much more serious). I also remember the scandal of the mid 1960s when a large number of players were actually jailed for match fixing and betting on scores, but no club was punished for that?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 14:14:17 »

Even if it's true that we threw the play off final and Power bet on it (and I don't believe it) I don't see how the Club can be punished, though certainly Power and the players involved would be. Macari and the Chairman bet on us to lose at Newcastle, and were either fined or banned from football for a certain time but the club didn't suffer for that (except that it was a stepping stone towards the illegal payments which was much more serious). I also remember the scandal of the mid 1960s when a large number of players were actually jailed for match fixing and betting on scores, but no club was punished for that?
Juventus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #335 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 14:20:51 »

The one with ex Town players Jimmy Gauld and Bronco Layne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_British_football_match-fixing_scandal

Very different times back then than now TBH, but every time there is a scandal Swindon will be involved! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 14:59:12 »

The one with ex Town players Jimmy Gauld and Bronco Layne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_British_football_match-fixing_scandal

Very different times back then than now TBH, but every time there is a scandal Swindon will be involved! Cheesy
Thanks. Gauld sounds a nice guy (not!) Your last point is, unfortunately, true.
Flashheart

« Reply #337 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:28:34 »

Who does Paul Smith, that journo on twitter, write for? Is it the Sunday Mirror?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:30:12 »

looks that way

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Smith_(journalist)

edit: actually seems he's freelance now according to his LinkedIn

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-smith-7a9b66b
Flashheart

« Reply #339 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:34:41 »

I'm just trying to figure out how reputable he is. Just because he's acted a bit lame so far, it doesn't mean he doesn't really know something. Somebody in his position likely would have the right contacts to know stuff.
Flashheart

« Reply #340 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:35:36 »

He's been a freelancer for 8 years accroding to linkedin.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:42:39 »

As a freelancer, you could understand why he might want to whip up a bit of a storm (I know this is STFC we're talking about...so a small storm) before selling the story.  My worry is that he'll look a bit of an idiot now if it does turn out to be a non-story, so I have a nagging feeling that there could be something in this.  Horrible echoes of 1990.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:44:16 »

he's not going to repeat an allegation without hard evidence through fear of litigation.

he's not at the sun/mirror now

though yes, whipping up a bidding war may also be the reason he wants to mention it...
Flashheart

« Reply #343 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:46:03 »

My hunch is that there is something in it.

As a freelancer, he'd surely have looked to sell the story to a rag. In which case, he'd surley be expected to hold back on details so they have the exclusive.

I would be delighted if I am wrong, but I think we might see something rather unpleasant in the news in the next few days or so.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 15:47:02 »

Welcome back.

Regards the Facts, there are NO Facts, not for that bit that could put us in trouble.  Two mates having a chat isn't worth the paper it wasn't written down on. 

They all agree it was informal.  I'd put good money on the FA having a word and pointing out any issues with ownership before they all agree to taking the best course of action to save their own skin (which in this case is likely agreeing Power owns those shares and Standing gets a wedge of cash for loaning the club money).

The bigger issue, if Covid-19 hadn't reared it's head, was probably Power seemingly being out of cash/in trouble somewhere to do with tax liabilities.  In that event, this becomes much more interesting for us as fans to see how the ownership battle plays out.  Reckon Covid gave Power some breathing space on the operating costs.

Who knows.

Given the present circumsatnces I don't think anything can be ruled out or in for that matter
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: