Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CBD Oil  (Read 6393 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 09:22:33 »

Mrs Audrey was a Pharmacy Technician. She says talk to a pharmacist. If they can recommend something that needs a script go to your GP.

She can’t think of any non opioid painkillers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 09:27:13 »

Mrs Audrey was a Pharmacy Technician. She says talk to a pharmacist. If they can recommend something that needs a script go to your GP.

She can’t think of any non opioid painkillers
No thats right,  the only ones are basically paracetamol and Ibuprofen and I can't take Ibuprofen as it upsets the acidic balance of the stomach and makes my oesophagus cancer symptoms worse.

TBH I just live with it now and its only a couple of times a day that its properly painful so you just get on with it and do your best to ignore tha pain until it subsides.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:14:53 »

I have chronic back pain and also large amounts of pain from my cancer treatements, the wife is awaiting 2 replacement hips and both knees so is in chronic pain too constantly.

We heard lots of good things about CBD oil, so 6 months ago we gave it a go, many friends saying it helps with stress and pain relief etc so we hunted the net and found the highest concentration of legal CBD oil in the UK.

We found a 20% solution for £60 a bottle, you buy it and it comes in a bottle with a dropper and you put a couple of drops under the tongue and let them disipate with your mouth shut for about a minute.

1st off the stuff tastes fucking foul, its one of THE worth things I have ever tasted, and my ex wife was a shocking cook so I have experience! its like dirty pond water mixed with old wet dog.

This dose is taken 2/3/4 times a day so 1 bottle will last 1 person about a month at most for £60+.

We used it religiously for 3 months as they say its takes a while to build up in the blood until it becomes useful.

It did absolutely fuck all for myself and my wife other than leave an awful taste in the mouth, it was less than useless in every aspect, as I have said I have constant pain and also anxiety/PTSD and it did nothing for those symptoms either.

I think TBH as some people say that if you think it will do you good then maybe it will but any results will be totally psychosomatic or at best a coincidence.

Save your money.

And if anyone has any strong forms of pain relief please let myself and my wife know as we are both have active immunity for morphine and all its derivatives so rely on large doses of paracetamol alone.

I don't think there's much suggestion it can help the levels of pain you're talking about, certainly not in the doses that are available over the counter. There's too much anecdotal evidence for it to be only psychosomatic IMO.

I'd be interested to know what make you took. There's a chance you took a load of rubbish, as a lot on the market are, and it being 20% says nothing about the actual dose you were taking. I've got a 3000mg bottle, which is one of the largest concentrations you can get. It tastes mildly of the coconut oil it's mixed with, but my favourite is a blood orange flavoured one.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:31:57 »

TBH I don't remember the supplier but it was called Sensei but it was from a reputable supplier (not Holland and Barrett!) which had been recommended to us by 3 seperate people.

The dose was "allegedly" the highest legal dose available to UK customers and it specifically said use to treat Chronic Pain, cancer and anxiety on the reviews. It was mint flavoured but very little mint flavour in it just pond water.

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:38:52 »

TBH I don't remember the supplier but it was called Sensei but it was from a reputable supplier (not Holland and Barrett!) which had been recommended to us by 3 seperate people.

The dose was "allegedly" the highest legal dose available to UK customers and it specifically said use to treat Chronic Pain, cancer and anxiety on the reviews. It was mint flavoured but very little mint flavour in it just pond water.

I'd suggest that's illegal to say it can be used for those things when there's no proof, and there's been at least one study that showed it do be ineffective when treating cancer patients. Chronic pain is a funny one, because it's not necessarily severe. Mine isn't severe bit I can feel the pain increasing after a week or so of not taking it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:48:12 »

I agree I was surprised to see that actually advertised, several places actually advertised that on their products, which I took with a huge pinch of salt anyway, its by no means a miracle drug despite what some people advocate.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:58:42 »

Chances are they were morphine derived as are pretty much every painkiller available, certainly the stronger ones. Co Codamol, Vicodin,  Pethidine, OxyContin, Dyhydracodiene, Tramadol, Fentanyl,  Buprenorphine have tried them all but without any relief from pain so I am just on Paracetamol now staying off the opioids as they are pointless.

It was either the liquid morphine or tramadol
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 11:12:38 »

https://blessedcbd.co.uk/product/cbd-oil-500mg/

I’ve ordered that, should be here tomorrow so I will see how I get on.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:05:45 »

It was either the liquid morphine or tramadol
Liquid is as it says a liquid that you drink, Tramadol is normally a tablet form. Neither does anything me, although Pethadine makes me feel sick.

https://blessedcbd.co.uk/product/cbd-oil-500mg/

I’ve ordered that, should be here tomorrow so I will see how I get on.
Fingers crossed it works for you mate, seems very hit and miss though, I think thats about half the concentration strength that we were taking, might work for you.

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:54:46 »

Fingers crossed it works for you mate, seems very hit and miss though, I think thats about half the concentration strength that we were taking, might work for you.

Just as a point of reference you can get ones with ten times as much cbd in, and the one I take has 6 times as much.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:18:24 »

Just as a point of reference you can get ones with ten times as much cbd in, and the one I take has 6 times as much.
Out of interest what would you recommend as the best and strongest available in the UK?

The one which may give the best results?

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:34:38 »

Out of interest what would you recommend as the best and strongest available in the UK?

The one which may give the best results?

I use the 3000mg of this one....

https://www.zoetic.com/product/calming-natural-cbd-oil-30ml/

I can't comment on how good other products might be, but this one has 5000mg.

https://www.thecbdshop.co.uk/product/5000mg-cbd-oil/

Yours may have had 2000mg if it was 20% and 10ml, without knowing the volume I can't say. I wouldn't have thought either of these could help with your level of pain though mate. The recommended maximum daily dose is currently 75mg, although I think that's an extremely cautious limit.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:48:56 »

Cheers for that mate, I am more worried about it helping the missus with her joint pain, might be worth another go, I will try and find what the actual one was that we used see how it measures up. Shes got the delivery details on her PC somewhere.

Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:52:51 »

Why not just get some weed?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:58:08 »

Just spoke to her and the last one we got has this as its list of ingredients. I don't remember the first one we got though.
Cannabis Extract, Olive Oil. 800mg of CBD + CBDa Per 10ml bottle 0.32ml of CBD oil per spray Contains trace amounts of THC.
Not sure how that compares, we paid £50.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: