Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CBD Oil  (Read 6386 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 20:47:59 »

Has anyone ever used it? How was it for you if so?

I’ve been looking into getting some to see if it helps with my sleep and anxiety but don’t know where to start.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 21:03:13 »

I've been using it for the best part of a year now, it helps with chronic pain I have from work. Two of my mates take it to help with sleep, whereas my mum tried it and it didn't seem to help her. Also have a mate who tried a cbd vape for anxiety but didn't find did much, although there's lots of anecdotal evidence to suggest it works for a lot of people. Definitely worth a try.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 21:48:17 »

Me Ma has it in tablet form for her Fibro but she thinks a cortisone in the behind is much more effective. I'd be inclined to agree. She had one injection about 3years ago which she said lasted for nearly two years.

As for anxiety, I'd say it might help but likely be similar to one of the side effects of Sertraline; not wanting to do anything (often listed as drowsiness or fatigue on the packet).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 23:23:44 »

I've used CBD oral droppers, and have a little disposable pen vape thing that I'm giving a go now. I would recommend trying it for combatting anxiety especially. I'm not sure the pen does much but the dropper had a noticeable effect.

Be wary of any product whose origins are not clear, as there are a lot of low quality and fakes. The market is becoming slowly more legitimate and regulated. If they are not explicit about the origins of their hemp, don't get it. If it's made in China, avoid it. USA/Netherlands hemp is a good bet.

A good website I found for reviews of CBD products is https://dailycbd.com/en/

They are very thorough in their analysis of the products. It's all American but just use it to check the quality of what you can find in the UK online stores.

The shop I used for the disposable pen is this one, they sell all sorts

https://flawlesscbd.co.uk/

I should also add, overall the effects are mild. Nothing at all like the old devil's lettuce, and I would be very surprised if it gave someone a feeling of 'not wanting to do anything'.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 23:28:21 by mystical_goat » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 23:54:31 »

Well that will be totally down to the THC content (if any, a lot of CBD products have little to no THC) in certain products and then also how individual people respond to it. So for both you or I to suggest effects as certain is inaccurate, whichever way that suggestion leans.

In any case, I was comparing it with similar effects of Sertraline; a prescribed SSRI for specifically treating depression, anxiety and panic attacks - like Citalopram and not a generous nugget of Lemon Drop or Purple Haze  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 00:36:26 »

The lab reports that come with each legitimate product are readily available to view. As you say, CBD products contain trace amounts of THC, normally around 1 tenth of 1 percent at most, which therefore wouldn't cause lethargy or any other discernable effects. So I don't really know what you're getting at.

And I don't see the relevance of comparing it to a prescription anti-depressant.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 04:58:20 »

Goater is right, make sure you get something that has lab reports. There's loads of shit about but regulations are coming in at the turn of the year that will get rid of a lot of that. As he said THC levels are miniscule in products that are properly tested, or if you want one with none in you can get a cbd isolate product. Full spectrum products which contain thc and other cannabinoids will likely struggle to comply with the new regulations when they come into force.

The products I've always used since I bought sone once from boots that was rubbish, is this www.zoetic.com The gummies are particularly nice.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 05:21:28 »

My sleep patterns are crap and I get aches and pains that wake me up, this stuff any good?
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 05:31:23 »

My sleep patterns are crap and I get aches and pains that wake me up, this stuff any good?

It hasn't been tested enough yet to provide conclusive proof, but the amount of people who say it's helped them is pretty overwhelming.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 07:13:48 »

I've ordered some vape liquid from Harmony CBD. It did work to combat stress and relaxation as well as cutting down on alcohol consumption, but couldn't justify the price; camomile tea seems to have a similar effect for me and is a lot cheaper.

That being said, they seem to be a good company, products made from European hemp and lab tests published on their site. https://www.meetharmony.com
Valid Pint

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 07:59:37 »

Has anyone ever used it? How was it for you if so?

I’ve been looking into getting some to see if it helps with my sleep and anxiety but don’t know where to start.
You might as well use snake oil
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 08:48:05 »

I have chronic back pain and also large amounts of pain from my cancer treatements, the wife is awaiting 2 replacement hips and both knees so is in chronic pain too constantly.

We heard lots of good things about CBD oil, so 6 months ago we gave it a go, many friends saying it helps with stress and pain relief etc so we hunted the net and found the highest concentration of legal CBD oil in the UK.

We found a 20% solution for £60 a bottle, you buy it and it comes in a bottle with a dropper and you put a couple of drops under the tongue and let them disipate with your mouth shut for about a minute.

1st off the stuff tastes fucking foul, its one of THE worth things I have ever tasted, and my ex wife was a shocking cook so I have experience! its like dirty pond water mixed with old wet dog.

This dose is taken 2/3/4 times a day so 1 bottle will last 1 person about a month at most for £60+.

We used it religiously for 3 months as they say its takes a while to build up in the blood until it becomes useful.

It did absolutely fuck all for myself and my wife other than leave an awful taste in the mouth, it was less than useless in every aspect, as I have said I have constant pain and also anxiety/PTSD and it did nothing for those symptoms either.

I think TBH as some people say that if you think it will do you good then maybe it will but any results will be totally psychosomatic or at best a coincidence.

Save your money.

And if anyone has any strong forms of pain relief please let myself and my wife know as we are both have active immunity for morphine and all its derivatives so rely on large doses of paracetamol alone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 08:54:20 »

You might as well use snake oil
There’s a nice market in Wuhan where you can buy that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 09:06:58 »

And if anyone has any strong forms of pain relief please let myself and my wife know as we are both have active immunity for morphine and all its derivatives so rely on large doses of paracetamol alone.

I was taking various painkillers when I broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder, can't remember which one it was now but one of them made me feel really blue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 09:18:12 »

I was taking various painkillers when I broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder, can't remember which one it was now but one of them made me feel really blue.
Chances are they were morphine derived as are pretty much every painkiller available, certainly the stronger ones. Co Codamol, Vicodin,  Pethidine, OxyContin, Dyhydracodiene, Tramadol, Fentanyl,  Buprenorphine have tried them all but without any relief from pain so I am just on Paracetamol now staying off the opioids as they are pointless.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: