Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In your face piss stains!  (Read 6446 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 17:04:09 »

Think we just get bundled in due to lazy journalism and past troubles.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 17:07:03 »

By the Daily Mail?

I find that hard easy to believe!
Valid Pint

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 17:09:54 »

Slow news day. Chart of historical average attendances.

Unfortunately, this season Poxford are only a few hundred behind their obsession with average home attendance. This could be due to a number of number of factors. The lack of cup ties to heighten interest & encourage fans to come to other STFC games, and Poxford's ITC encroachment into historical STFC territory being two.
Those are 2 factors the current stewards of the club should start to address as soon as possible.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:12:46 »

Seem to remember the club going after the journalist who wrote that to ask for it to be corrected as was untrue.

It wasn't the journalist, it was Kieran Mcguire who buggered it up from whose work the piece was written. He writes a lot of good stuff, but in what appears to be his haste to be first and sensational makes a lot of errors and seems incapable of checking his own workings or admitting errors.

I don't think it was the club who went after him, but a lot of Town fans on Twitter who pointed out that he was talking unsubstantiated nonsense!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 11:07:59 »

Unfortunately, this season Poxford are only a few hundred behind their obsession with average home attendance. This could be due to a number of number of factors. The lack of cup ties to heighten interest & encourage fans to come to other STFC games, and Poxford's ITC encroachment into historical STFC territory being two.
Those are 2 factors the current stewards of the club should start to address as soon as possible.

Or to spin another way, division below and still pulling in bigger crowds.

What's ITC, btw?
Valid Pint

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 11:09:52 »

It's the legacy though.

In the Community.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 13:16:54 »

Thanks.

Stuff like that is important, so hope it's not being neglected (even if it's not going to be top of the Club's 'to do' list right now.)
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 09:55:16 »

I'd be interested to know if Franchise's figure includes the old Wimbledon attendances.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: