Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quiz  (Read 8145 times)
smalltowngypsymassacre

« on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:10:31 »

I run pub quizzes as a little side gig in normal times, and I held my first one since lockdown online for some friends last night. Went well overall but there were just one or two kinks to iron out so I need to hold one or two more before I launch this as part of my website (am I allowed to post a link to my site? Not sure). Anyone interested in being part of my next effort, which would be this weekend or early next week? If enough are interested I could do a town end members only quiz. Whadda ya say huh?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:35:35 »

Yeah, I'd have a go

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:53:27 »

Me and the wife do about 8 a week of these online quizzes and they are great under lockdown, would be very much up for one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:01:33 »

Sounds good.  Yes pls.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:22:12 »

What about a 3pm Saturday Town/Football type quiz to get people through the time when there would ordinarily be a game?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:31:54 »

What about a 3pm Saturday Town/Football type quiz to get people through the time when there would ordinarily be a game?

That's a good idea, I should have time to write something for tomorrow. I'm not a massive fan of quizzes that rely totally on a theme, but I can incorporate STFC as a sort of motif.

The typical format for my quizzes is on my site, www.quizfiend.co.uk, feel free to take a look. So that's four people playing thus far. Would be nice to see are least ten
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:39:02 »

Couple of things:

You'll need to download the zoom app and familiarise yourself with it

Last night's quiz took just under two hours in total, that was with about 30 or so people playing, I expect that it'll be closer to an hour and a half next time

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:24:40 »

Definitely interested. I will have to look into zoom as its new to me
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:28:11 »

The wife uses zoom often for her work and knows it well and we do some quizzes over it too.

Apparently there are stability issues tomorrow with the latest planned update due to regionalization.

There is a limit of 50 participants without full registration but a fair few more if you sign up for a full account.

Seems to work well with only a short delay.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:34:48 »

There is a 1 hour time limit on the free zoom which you can get round by logging off and back in. The business version is unlimited.

i use all of the main ones for work. Hangouts is my preference Just easier to set up and join
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:37:07 »

Have been doing virtual pub crawls with mates on Zoom, its good.

Seem to get more hammered than as if you were in the pub Cheesy
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:39:15 »

Arriba, hope you can make it!

I wasn't aware that they are rolling out an update, thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it. It worked perfectly yesterday, I upgraded to the licensed version, which importantly gets rid of the 40 minute meeting limit, and was very impressed with how well it worked.

My main issue was that the video I made for the music round was taken down from YouTube almost immediately so I had to play the songs through a Bluetooth speaker straight into my phone. Wasn't ideal but nobody struggled to make out what the songs were, it just didn't sound as good. Working on a better solution today.

Tans, suttonred, you guys fancy it?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:16:39 »

Can you put me down as a maybe? We've signed up to deliver some home made veggie food to some of  the homeless up in Brixton and so will be walking up there and back. I should be back for 3pm but can't be certain unfortunately. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:18:42 »

Can you put me down as a maybe? We've signed up to deliver some home made veggie food to some of  the homeless up in Brixton and so will be walking up there and back. I should be back for 3pm but can't be certain unfortunately. 

No probs, you can always join even if you are a bit late and it's already started, seeing as we wont be playing for any prize other than bragging rights
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:21:57 »

No probs, you can always join even if you are a bit late and it's already started, seeing as we wont be playing for any prize other than bragging rights

Thanks a million Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: