Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 150. Stuart James  (Read 3946 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 07:59:12 »

Not a massive name in Swindon Town history but a very interesting career. He now works as a journalist for The Athletic after 15 years covering football for The Guardian.

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/150-stuart-james
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 17:54:10 »

Fantastic. One of my favourite journalists. Did a cracking piece the other week for the Athletic on our Premier League season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:22:18 »

A really really good listen. I've binged listened to the Dion Conroy pod, this one, and Donal McDermott over the course of  my weekend running and this morning and it shows the immense range of these podcasts:
1) Successful lower league player making a decent career for himself despite overcoming injuries
2) Ex youth player who didn't quite make it in league football but had decent non-league career and amazing post-football career as a very good journalist and writer
3) Talented ex player who perhaps could have gone so much further but didn't actually like football, causing mental health issues etc

That's just in 3 episodes. There's a real depth and range to these podcasts that makes them absolutlely fascinating and insightful in a way that the usual run of the mill "chat with an ex-pro, what's your best story about Warnock losing his rag in training" things just don't begin to touch. Thank you so much for doing these Rich and please do keep on doing them, they are absolute treasure troves.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:49:22 »

Agreed, these have been great to listen to so huge thanks again to Rich for the hours and days put into getting these lined up, edited and out of the door. Enjoying them well and some superb stories.

A good chance to revisit the 'That's Football' Documentary. Plenty more entertaining pods to come I am sure.
china red

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 10:30:03 »

Lee power not agreed to do one yet?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 13:28:52 »

There was a attempt to get Lee Power on. Have never really pushed it too much.

Lockdown has opened a couple doors with guests (mostly Fjortoft as his work travel was the main reason behind him not getting on earlier).

I've enjoyed listening to the range of stories which was always the plan for the pod. I'm forever compromising with what listeners want as I probably more interested in the squad player than the superstar but the big names have been lovely chaps too! Listening figures suggest they want anything 2004 onwards (with a focus on 11/12).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 14:47:12 »

Any chance of trying for Peter Thorne or Scott Leitch?

Love these podcasts, keeps me occupied on the night shifts
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:38:28 »

Two players I'd love to talk to. I think Leitch's son plays for Peterhead so I might try and get Ferry's help!

It's always a case of having the contact details. I dont like approaching people in plain sight as I don't want to put pressure on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: