Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A month on .............  (Read 5351 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:52:22 »

Can't believe we've been deprived of the game we all love so much for a month now.
Only Six weeks ago the only thoughts on our mind was will Doyle be coming back ?,  Seems quite trivial now compared to the fact that almost four and a half thousand people have lost their lives in England in the same period.   Dammed Covid 19, certainly will change the future for many families and businesses.   

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 15:00:05 »

Do people think there will be the same interest in football if it comes back? Also it has been so long everything that went on this season seems a distant memory, people have gone so long without it, jobs and family lost and massive debt. Will we be gagging for it or not bothered.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 15:21:33 »

Worryingly I’m still not missing it very much at all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 15:37:32 »

Do people think there will be the same interest in football if it comes back? Also it has been so long everything that went on this season seems a distant memory, people have gone so long without it, jobs and family lost and massive debt. Will we be gagging for it or not bothered.

I can't wait (clearly I can, and will).  There'll be no or next to no cricket.  Euros bumped of a year - missing a sport fix.

If we can sort this season out in a sensible way (ppg if we can't play it), then I'm really looking forward to it again.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 15:39:37 »

There'll be no or next to no cricket.

This is the best part!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Valid Pint

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:00:26 »

All spectator sports, pubs, clubs, music venues, bingo halls, cinemas, theatres, bull rings etc will see a massive increase in footfall when things are back to how they were. Like a magnified version of Boxing Day increased attendances due to the coiled spring effect of being cooped up for a while.

I can't wait to get out there, but for some who don't go out much, I have wonder this what the difference will be.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:08:13 »

All spectator sports, pubs, clubs, music venues, bingo halls, cinemas, theatres, bull rings etc will see a massive increase in footfall when things are back to how they were. Like a magnified version of Boxing Day increased attendances due to the coiled spring effect of being cooped up for a while.

I can't wait to get out there, but for some who don't go out much, I have wonder this what the difference will be.

I think you are right. Can you imagine the release especially the first match or 2 when we reconvene? Same with restaurants and pubs.

Although on the flip side due to the crashing economy, there are going to be a large proportion of people who simply won’t be able to afford these ‘luxuries’ sadly. That said hopefully there is going to be the mother of all parties when this is over and maybe people will start to be more civil to each other after this? Brexit definitely has seen a divide between people so I’m hopeful the country may get behind each other and come together more civilly.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:08:49 »

Would have been promoted by now. - no doubt about it.

There’s fuck all to do and not missing football? WTF?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:18:31 »

I think you are right. Can you imagine the release especially the first match or 2 when we reconvene? Same with restaurants and pubs.

Although I think you’re right, don’t expect things to go back to normal for a very long time. The virus won’t have gone away, it’ll just have dampened down. Without a continuance of social distancing, we’ll just see it spread again. I don’t know how it will work with things like football and pubs etc.
It might be that older people or those with health issues are advised to continue to stay away from large groups. Given the demographics of our home support, it could have an impact.
Not sure anyone in government has really thought that far ahead in detail yet.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:18:33 »

Would have been promoted by now. - no doubt about it.

There’s fuck all to do and not missing football? WTF?

Ah so you are fluent in Greek now, congratulations.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:27:38 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Worryingly I’m still not missing it very much at all.
I can see how effects might overtake football!

I am missing it myself though.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:32:10 »

Maybe I’m just trying to kid myself so as not to go stir crazy over something that, in the grand scheme of things, just isn’t important. I do miss the whole day, meeting my dad for lunch, having a few beers etc and then dissecting the game afterwards of course but in general I’ve been able to go about my days without pining for Saturday at 3.

I’m probably just a shit fan!!

china red

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:39:00 »

Tbh I was relieved when we went into lockdown, all I care about now is this motherfucking virus fucking off, I understand it may be with us until we get a vaccine but I just want it over.  Then I can start thinking about football again.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:39:07 »

I can't wait for  matchday, a few beers, a laugh, usually a good result. Don't miss Flash's guts though  Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:49:36 »

I miss it so much. I was in a right fucking grump after the FGR game but honestly I can't wait to feel that shit again. Had so many decent games this season I really felt emotionally connected so it hurts a bit to think it could've all been for nothing.

If it does come back I'm doing every single game. Oldham away, Morecambe away.. all of them. Taken it for granted. Weekends are fucking dull without football.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: