Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grub  (Read 10366 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:05:20 »

Now we’re all at home twiddling our thumbs, Ive taken to cooking stuff a lot more.

Today I’m going to try a Cauliflower Cheese Pizza. I know, I know it sounds disgusting. It’ll take a while waiting for the dough to prove but I’ll give it a go.

That nice young man Jamie Oliver made it look good!
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:10:13 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:44:03 »

Jamie Oliver is a right cunt.

Do 'lockdown' meals but most 'average' people don't have that stuff in their cupboards.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 09:14:04 »

Do 'lockdown' meals but most 'average' people don't have that stuff in their cupboards.
Yep.

Also when they say use leftover wine or leftover cheese....we don't have such things in our house!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 09:26:18 »

Mrs Arriba has been doing alot of baking which means the weight I've shifted is bound to go back on in the next few weeks.

I'm gonna have a good crack at some Indian cooking
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 09:51:57 »

Mrs Arriba has been doing alot of baking which means the weight I've shifted is bound to go back on in the next few weeks.

Pleased you didn’t say cooking an indian....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 10:00:36 »

They should have got whosserface who bankrupted Katy Hopkins to do that programme, she actually has experience of cooking with bare essentials and what you've got left in your cupboard (when you're not a chef or someone who's bought in the entire contents of Waitrose)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 10:28:23 »

I did a ‘proper’ curry a while ago. The problem is the sheer amount of ingredients you need for the base sauce. I know once you have them they last a while but stuff like garlic and ginger paste doesn’t last long.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 11:48:36 »

I did a ‘proper’ curry a while ago. The problem is the sheer amount of ingredients you need for the base sauce. I know once you have them they last a while but stuff like garlic and ginger paste doesn’t last long.

Yeah, I'm thinking getting all the ingredients maybe an issue at the moment.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 16:22:09 »

My wife has recently taking to making a curry from scratch, it's fantastic.  Ginger Paste is the trickiest to get, seems Garlic Paste is plentiful.  We had a stock up yesterday so another one is due this week, and it usually creates enough for three meals.  Some homemade rice to go with it, gurt lush.  Made better by the lack of Indian restaurants down here - there are loads in North Atlanta, where all the IT bods migrate to.  Not so much on the border with Redneck country, can't move for Grits, Biscuits and Gravy and Collared Greens though.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 16:28:28 »

Now we’re all at home twiddling our thumbs, Ive taken to cooking stuff a lot more.

Today I’m going to try a Cauliflower Cheese Pizza. I know, I know it sounds disgusting. It’ll take a while waiting for the dough to prove but I’ll give it a go.

That nice young man Jamie Oliver made it look good!
Here it is. Bit bland tasting, tbh.

* 6A9721FF-4387-4606-87F0-52890E23F640.jpeg (896.29 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 268 times.)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 17:50:01 »

My wife has recently taking to making a curry from scratch, it's fantastic.  Ginger Paste is the trickiest to get, seems Garlic Paste is plentiful.  We had a stock up yesterday so another one is due this week, and it usually creates enough for three meals.  Some homemade rice to go with it, gurt lush.  Made better by the lack of Indian restaurants down here - there are loads in North Atlanta, where all the IT bods migrate to.  Not so much on the border with Redneck country, can't move for Grits, Biscuits and Gravy and Collared Greens though.
Probably a stupid question.
How do you make home made rice, have you got a Paddy field ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 18:02:00 »

that's a good question MB...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 20:22:20 »

Recipe for you.

4 table spoons oil
1 large onion sliced or finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic or a teaspoon of powdered
Small piece of fresh ginger finely chopped or teaspoon of powder
3/4 teaspoon coriander powder or seeds crushed/ground in spice grinder
Good pinch turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder or same in seeds crushed/ground in spice grinder
1/4 teaspoon garam nasal powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 large tomato’s chopped
Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves chopped to garnish
And much chilli powder or fresh chopped chillies as your macho pride will tolerate 😁
Enough flesh for four people.

Chop onions & add to oil with the spices, fry for as long as you think it takes, generally five to ten mins should suffice. Lob in the toms (I use a tin of chopped) add the coconut milk, warm this up first before you open it and pour. Fry meat before hand and then drop into sauce. Simmer gently until you’re happy it’s cooked and or tender. Serve the FOLLOWING DAY with rice or naan bread.
Where possible have the spice in seed form and purchase a spice grinder. Toast your seeds gently before you grind them to release the flavour. Buying powdered spices is fine but they go over fairly quickly.

I always add a can of coconut milk to my curries, just takes the edge off any bitterness from the spices.

I can recommend 50 great curries by Camellia Panjabi ISBN 978-1-85626-546-1 £10.99
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 20:37:02 »

May I also suggest trying Madhur Jeffrey's Natal red kidney bean curry. The recipe can be found by a quick internet based search.  In my humble opinion, this one of the finest curries you can knock up at home in about 30 mins. I hasten to add that I am not a vegetarian.

Nothing to see here
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 20:53:43 »

Recipe for you.

4 table spoons oil
1 large onion sliced or finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic or a teaspoon of powdered
Small piece of fresh ginger finely chopped or teaspoon of powder
3/4 teaspoon coriander powder or seeds crushed/ground in spice grinder
Good pinch turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder or same in seeds crushed/ground in spice grinder
1/4 teaspoon garam nasal powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 large tomato’s chopped
Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves chopped to garnish
And much chilli powder or fresh chopped chillies as your macho pride will tolerate 😁
Enough flesh for four people.

Chop onions & add to oil with the spices, fry for as long as you think it takes, generally five to ten mins should suffice. Lob in the toms (I use a tin of chopped) add the coconut milk, warm this up first before you open it and pour. Fry meat before hand and then drop into sauce. Simmer gently until you’re happy it’s cooked and or tender. Serve the FOLLOWING DAY with rice or naan bread.
Where possible have the spice in seed form and purchase a spice grinder. Toast your seeds gently before you grind them to release the flavour. Buying powdered spices is fine but they go over fairly quickly.

I always add a can of coconut milk to my curries, just takes the edge off any bitterness from the spices.

I can recommend 50 great curries by Camellia Panjabi ISBN 978-1-85626-546-1 £10.99

Very similar to one the mrs makes.
Tho uses natural yoghurt instead of coconut milk
👍
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: