Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barbers & Hairdressers  (Read 13883 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 07:20:11 »

My clippers are one of the best investments I've made for a long time.

No more faffing about going to a barber and then waiting for my turn. I just get the misses to go over the sides once a week or so and I'm done.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 07:43:29 »

My clippers are one of the best investments I've made for a long time.

No more faffing about going to a barber and then waiting for my turn. I just get the misses to go over the sides once a week or so and I'm done.
Same here,  bought some a few years ago,  never used them until a couple of weeks ago, still in the bag I bought them in,  £12.99 still on the box, cost covered in 2 trims !!,   Bollocks to the barbers now,  didn't realise how easy it was.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 07:52:14 »

£6.50 for a haircut? I'd only get one side done for that up here, and that's at a tuppenny all off joint.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:04:42 »

The lockdown has meant that my hair has grown longer than I have probably ever had it - i'm a pretty boring short back and sides and neat on top kind of guy - however I think I am going to carry on with the longer hair experiment even after the barbers have opened. Not to the levels of David Seamen mind you!!

I lived in Luxembourg for 9 years and a haircut there was 20-30 Euro and so I made sure that I only ever had my haircut in the UK, usually at a barbers in Wantage where I had to pay a skinny diver for the privelage.

Its £13 (I pay £15) at my local barbers in London fwiw.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:07:28 »

£6.50 for a haircut? I'd only get one side done for that up here, and that's at a tuppenny all off joint.
London Prices !!!!,    over 60's  number 2 all over is between £6-8 quid in this neck of the woods.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:14:18 »

I bought some clippers too, but have been too scared to use them. I managed to shave the sides but not the back, so now I have a mini mullet, which my wife keeps taking the piss of.

Many tutorials on YouTube! Depending on how long the back is start with the longest guard on the clipper and work down in size depending on how you like it. Use a second mirror to see what you are doing and only go up to where the curve starts Eek

So, give no fucks
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:50:10 »

Live dangerously. I got my daughter to do mine, even though she's never cut hair.  Came out a bit peaky blinders but did the job
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 08:57:23 »

My missus keeps threatening to buy clippers and do mine, but as its receding I don't want to risk it not growing back!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:11:25 »

Live dangerously. I got my daughter to do mine, even though she's never cut hair.  Came out a bit peaky blinders but did the job
Same as, my missus did mine, went a bit Baldrick over the ears first time a few weeks back, but I had the second iteration done at the weekend and it was OK. She isn't going to be giving up the day job to open up a chain of salons any time soon, but it's good enough for lockdown.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 09:12:09 »

My missus keeps threatening to buy clippers and do mine, but as its receding I don't want to risk it not growing back!

Use the clippers to do sides and back and trim the ends off the top using a comb & scissors. Believe it or not the top is the easiest  

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:15:56 »

I bought some clippers too, but have been too scared to use them. I managed to shave the sides but not the back, so now I have a mini mullet, which my wife keeps taking the piss of.

Haircut of the gods, Gnash. Own it. :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:28:49 »

The lockdown has meant that my hair has grown longer than I have probably ever had it - i'm a pretty boring short back and sides and neat on top kind of guy - however I think I am going to carry on with the longer hair experiment even after the barbers have opened. Not to the levels of David Seamen mind you!!

I lived in Luxembourg for 9 years and a haircut there was 20-30 Euro and so I made sure that I only ever had my haircut in the UK, usually at a barbers in Wantage where I had to pay a skinny diver for the privelage.

Its £13 (I pay £15) at my local barbers in London fwiw.

You from wantage?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:34:20 »

I pay a tenner every 3 or 4 weeks. Might start doing my own. 1 or 2 back and sides 4 on top. What could go wrong?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:47:39 »

Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:53:30 »

Don’t think a few more weeks will hurt...

* 2C7707B8-1668-42DB-8806-597FA077FE8A.jpeg (573.8 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 125 times.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: