Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The team that conceded 100 goals  (Read 6294 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 13:01:29 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Stuart James appears on a Swindon Town focused podcast in the not-too-distant future....
From reading those articles hes certainly had an interesting life.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 13:06:08 »

Started the podcast pestering process with Stuart last summer and we hope to record something this week.

People my age who spent too much time reading programmes will have recognised the name. Came through with Jamie Pitman and Ben Worrall who made first team appearance. Closes Stuart got was a place on the bench in the Anglo-Italian Cup. Luckily for him it was away in Venice.

He's on the team photo for 1994-95 season back in the day when first year pros sat on the floor!

Hopefully we'll get something done.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 13:46:04 »

Stuart James - used to be yts and first year pro here in mid 90’s
I recognise the name  Yes
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 13:47:39 »

Started the podcast pestering process with Stuart last summer and we hope to record something this week.

People my age who spent too much time reading programmes will have recognised the name. Came through with Jamie Pitman and Ben Worrall who made first team appearance. Closes Stuart got was a place on the bench in the Anglo-Italian Cup. Luckily for him it was away in Venice.

He's on the team photo for 1994-95 season back in the day when first year pros sat on the floor!

Used to drive Jamie Pitmans Dad to the matches, some great conversations travelling to and from the County Ground, remember the season vividly,  especially the 100th goal that Leeds put past us.  Bloody expensive season but had to do as many away grounds as possible that season as we all had a hunch we wouldn't be given a second chance.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 10:40:45 »

His name doesn’t ring a bell but a player called Jamie Ludlow(?) sticks out in my kind for some reason
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 11:04:19 »

Laidlaw?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 11:49:08 »

Yeah, close enough
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 12:06:58 »

I was working a little while ago and I was wearing an old style town shirt.  The promoter I was working for's fiancee came down, Ive known him for a while he saw the shirt and said - oh I used to play for them as a kid.

We didn't get far in the conversation before they went so I couldn't work out the years he played and how far he got.  Chap called John Hughes.  Ill certainly be asking him lots of questions next time I see him.

Never knowingly overstated.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:11:51 »

I was working a little while ago and I was wearing an old style town shirt.  The promoter I was working for's fiancee came down, Ive known him for a while he saw the shirt and said - oh I used to play for them as a kid.

We didn't get far in the conversation before they went so I couldn't work out the years he played and how far he got.  Chap called John Hughes.  Ill certainly be asking him lots of questions next time I see him.

I can think of Brian Hughes and Mark Hughes who both played for Town.  But not a John Hughes. 

You weren't actually wearing a Celtic shirt were you?  -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hughes_(footballer,_born_1964)#Playing_career
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:18:58 »

Nah.  It was only youth level.  Ill see him again a find out what era it was.  Probably somewhere in the early to mid 2000's.

Ill let you know if anything interesting comes of it.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: