Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasons End Predictions  (Read 38938 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 20:49:05 »

I got there on edit attempt number 4

I deleted that comment I made because it looked weird after you corrected it.

But the points stands. EMBRACE it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 20:50:04 »

Quite possibly. Ironically, after the PL £125m aid package for Football League and National League clubs, well-run lower league clubs might end up coming out of this better than poorly run big clubs

I don’t think any of that money is ‘new’. It’s payments due at the end of the season anyway, released early to help EFL club’s cashflow

Sounds like in today meeting PFA have criticised the PL for not supporting the EFL more
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 07:17:56 »

Heres' my 20 second thought process.

End the season as is. Records stay but no promotion or relegation

When we start up. Top team starts +8 points, 2nd +7 etc

Rest start on 0

Contracts roll until we start with 3 month window/thought process.

We melt the Kerry statue and build one for Doyle and Benda

Job done.

I think Bolton would be happy!

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 07:26:36 »

I think Bolton would be happy!
And the Muff !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 07:36:00 »

And the Muff !!!.

Stevenage too

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 09:39:03 »

I don’t think any of that money is ‘new’. It’s payments due at the end of the season anyway, released early to help EFL club’s cashflow

Sounds like in today meeting PFA have criticised the PL for not supporting the EFL more
Oh bugger. In which case I take back my previous praise of the PL for what I thought was a decent gesture for once and revert back to my usual stance of wishing them all damned to hell. TBF everyone's a lot happier with things that way anyway
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:36:45 »

Rooney has been publicly showing that the stereotype of footballers being a bit dim is correct.  He has a small point, why target footballers when plenty of people earn decent money.  He is right, when we start looking at how to pay for this shit, we have to look in lots of cupboards.  However, he goes on to moan about being asked to take a pay cut by stating that if football can’t weather this it’s ina worse financial state than many players know.  FFS, nearly every club outside the top 10 or so are financial basket cases, all chasing greater debt to fund your lavish wage.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:39:30 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:58:10 »

Rooney has been publicly showing that the stereotype of footballers being a bit dim is correct.  He has a small point, why target footballers when plenty of people earn decent money.  He is right, when we start looking at how to pay for this shit, we have to look in lots of cupboards.  However, he goes on to moan about being asked to take a pay cut by stating that if football can’t weather this it’s ina worse financial state than many players know.  FFS, nearly every club outside the top 10 or so are financial basket cases, all chasing greater debt to fund your lavish wage.
And Derby are one of the clubs under investigation for trying to fiddle FFP with a stadium sell off switcheroo. Only needs to look beyond the end of his own nose
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 14:27:57 »

And Derby are one of the clubs under investigation for trying to fiddle FFP with a stadium sell off switcheroo. Only needs to look beyond the end of his own nose
See our players won't be getting a pay-cut currently but the non-playing staff have been furloughed. No real issue with this at League 2 level. As the average wage is £40k in league 2 and majority of players out of contract in July I don't think a pay cut would really be appropriate and they can't be furloughed anyway as they'll be following fitness programmes from the club so effectively still working. With the non-playing staff I don't think we've got any choice but to furlough as we'll have pretty close to zero income other than from advanced 'solidarity' payments from the league.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 16:10:16 »

And the Muff !!!.

I want to see them go....

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 17:07:22 »

I want to see them go....

You and me both
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 07:30:57 »

Sensible

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52188913
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 09:06:31 »

Yep, especially the automatic extension of contracts.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 09:16:06 »

Let's not forget their 'Sponsor/NotASponsor' shenanigans with that betting Company that Rooney himself wears the number of.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: