Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasons End Predictions  (Read 39342 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:57:56 »

Apart from Swindon, the team I would feel really sorry for would be Barrow.  Voted out of the league rather unfairly (they finished third from bottom and were replaced by Hereford who didn't even win their league), they have struggled for 48 years and are now having far and away their best season since 1972, well clear at the top of the National League.
I would feel so sorry for Bournemouth, the end of the Premiership dream.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 13:01:18 »

Good one PV  Clap

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 13:12:58 »

Good one PV  Clap
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 13:44:37 »

PPG, current standings or maybe a football version of the DWL calculations? Thing is the first two would satisfy 90% of all clubs I suspect with only those relegated or dragged into a relegation position being the disgruntled or injured parties. The playoff contenders may kick off too come to think of it so maybe less than 90%. Ah fuck it i知 off to the pop up pub for a beer.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 13:58:34 »

with the world cup in Qatar during the winter months this the perfect way to align the seasons ready for it. finish this season.  start the next one in winter and then re- align after the world cup.

the only fair way. lets be honest, clubs are without money now, these should be given loans by the leagues based on average income for home games, when the season resumes every ground will be packed to the rafters and clubs will actually benefit even more. everyone will be desperate to get there football fix and support the clubs. loans can then be repaid and everyone is happy. non league should never have been scrapped.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 14:01:49 »

with the world cup in Qatar during the winter months this the perfect way to align the seasons ready for it. finish this season.  start the next one in winter and then re- align after the world cup.

the only fair way. lets be honest, clubs are without money now, these should be given loans by the leagues based on average income for home games, when the season resumes every ground will be packed to the rafters and clubs will actually benefit even more. everyone will be desperate to get there football fix and support the clubs. loans can then be repaid and everyone is happy. non league should never have been scrapped.
There is pressure to end the league sooner rather than later so that clubs can sell season tickets for next season (we are unusually early) as a way of relieving financial pressure. Apparently this would be preferable to (God Forbid) the Premier League dipping into it's 」1bn+ reserves to help out lower league sides. Football family, my arse
Valid Pint

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:00:59 »

PPG seems the obvious solution with the highest placed team in the playoffs taking the final promotion slot.

I can see a team like WHU making a legal challenge however.  No feel for whether they would have a strong case in law.

Voiding seems wrong but easier.

Apart from Swindon, the team I would feel really sorry for would be Barrow.  Voted out of the league rather unfairly (they finished third from bottom and were replaced by Hereford who didn't even win their league), they have struggled for 48 years and are now having far and away their best season since 1972, well clear at the top of the National League.
Well, they are 4 points clear.

Please do not void the season. If they did, would take it be like an abandoned game? Doyle's goals wouldn't count? What happened in 1939/40 season?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:02:50 »

The Germany v Poland game was a bit one-sided.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:26:42 »

Let痴 be fair and honest, it is going to be down to money. Minimising the impact and maximising the potential. However that turns out.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:36:23 by Legends-Lounge » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:28:23 »

So, just how many players would we have under contract after June?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:30:58 »

Fucking sure I wouldn't !!!!!!.    Cheesy Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:40:21 »

Just take the position when it ceased. I'm happy with 2nd
I wouldn't be !!!!,     knocked off the top  by a one goal difference on the last day, first time we've been off the top since November, how would my  」10 ew bet at 20/1 be sorted,    」270 if we finish top, 」70 if we're second, quite a difference,   not sure how I stand on this one, especially if the season is voided,  I know I'm not the only one sweating on the outcome of this fiasco. Not sure if the bookies have a criteria on this one.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:47:53 »

If the season is voided you値l get your stake money back.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:51:49 »

If the season is voided you値l get your stake money back.
Fucking generous of them !!!!!!!!!. Tough Guy Tough Guy Tough Guy

Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:39:42 »

I suspect they may scrap play offs, but hopefully that wouldn't affect us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: