Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seasons End Predictions  (Read 38956 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:07:45 »

If there is a thread already move this to it.

So how in the light of the lower leagues decision to null and void the 2019-2020 season and the potential for legal action, do you think the four professional leagues and the two semi professional leagues will formulate or sort out this conundrum?

Also it got me thinking of how our premier league groundsman and his staff are going to prepare the pitch for when it does kick off again?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:28:48 »

Yes, there will be some form of resolution.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:42:34 »

The problem is there are more clubs who would either benefit from a void season or make no difference either way than those - like us - who could actually achieve something.

I can just about see the logic of formulating a way of determining auto promotion, but no way can I see how to sort out the play offs without actually playing the games.

Obviously without relegation and promotion throughout all 4 leagues there is no way it can be done piecemeal.

I feel, and dread, it’s easier to void the season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:50:41 »

On the surface yesterdays press release was pointless as it was saying stuff we already knew.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if it's intention was to lay the foundations for the ending of the season. If the 92 had to go to a vote I imagine it would go in the favour of voiding. Which would be a massive moment in the history of a lot of clubs including Swindon.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 11:08:41 »

I have no idea.

Hope that helps.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 11:27:49 »

Just base it on points per game. To void the season this far gone would be ridiculous.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:21:22 »

Just take the position when it ceased. I'm happy with 2nd
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:29:05 »

Just base it on points per game. To void the season this far gone would be ridiculous.

You could say that football has gone to you.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:29:24 »

If it was based on points per game then we would be crowned as champions, I am happy with that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:37:05 »

If the season was declared void, it would be a disappointment. That said there's a lot more going on at the moment.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:37:51 »

I may be biased, but I do think PPG would be the fairest outcome. I think I'd say that even if we were in the relegation zone (although I'd be happy if they voided it if that were the case).

If it is done by PPG, then most of those relegated/promoted probably would have been if the season was played out in full.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:41:04 »

I may be biased, but I do think PPG would be the fairest outcome. I think I'd say that even if we were in the relegation zone (although I'd be happy if they voided it if that were the case).

If it is done by PPG, then most of those relegated/promoted probably would have been if the season was played out in full.
Indeed.

Although there is always going to be many unhappy fans/clubs no matter what happens, unless the season is actually finished in normal circumstances, however unlikely that scenario may be currently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:41:44 »

I am firmly in the PPG camp for the obvious reasons already mentioned. I just don't think finishing the season in August/September/October/November/whenever is practical.

Interesting quotes from Doyle who seems to be relatively happy to walk away for British football as soon as possible (which, of course, doesn't mean right now).

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18338905.swindon-town-striker-eoin-doyle-keen-move-back-dublin-soon-possible-order-help-childcare-business-thrive/

I only put this in because this reads like players are beginning to look beyond the 'this season must be finished rhetoric.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:48:34 »

I think the season is finished.

no excuse for voiding it though. I'd want my season ticket money back* from the fa/EFl and given as a top team bonus (PPG) to STFC to compensate on the investment gamble we took to get promoted.

* or the playing budget
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 12:50:34 »

PPG seems the obvious solution with the highest placed team in the playoffs taking the final promotion slot.

I can see a team like WHU making a legal challenge however.  No feel for whether they would have a strong case in law.

Voiding seems wrong but easier.

Apart from Swindon, the team I would feel really sorry for would be Barrow.  Voted out of the league rather unfairly (they finished third from bottom and were replaced by Hereford who didn't even win their league), they have struggled for 48 years and are now having far and away their best season since 1972, well clear at the top of the National League.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: