Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 181283 times)
Valid Pint

« Reply #975 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:50:29 »

I got a very good education there.

Well when I say education, I mean I got very pissed and started working on the ents crew after 2 weeks which has now been essentially what I've done for a living for 25 years!

Were you radicalised by the left wing while there?
Valid Pint

« Reply #976 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:52:23 »

I've often wondered this as well.  Could be that we're remembering listening to the recording.  Thousands went out to buy the VHS tape in the weeks & months afterwards.

The recording was the first time I heard it due to a microphone being behind the goal. It would have been in impossible to hear it in the crowd. Still a nice sound effect though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 12:00:38 »

Del Monte and Demonfart were among many of the 'comedic' names we had for the other seat of learning. Oh, how we laughed at the time.

We had an interesting thread a while back about Mountford Manor (Leefer a sad miss) without quite establishing if the Mountfords were connected the French champion of the peasants Simon de Monfort or not?

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=53362.0
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 12:14:54 »

Were you radicalised by the left wing while there?

Um, no.  We did have 2 member of the exec go on to be an assembly member for Labour in Wales and a London MP.  But I was mostly pissed.  I was radicalised by common fucking sense and decency many years before that.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 14:04:28 »

To answer the original question, I’ve bleached my hair and cut my facial hair into a moustache. I’m thriving

Things get better but they never get good
normy

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 07:16:24 »

On my morning jog round the Town Gardens I was pleased to see the first beds of geraniums ( or is it pelargoniums?)  being planted out on the empty beds.

ust be the oldest
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 10:34:55 »

Went to B&Q. Click and collect is a saviour. In Out in 2 mins.

‘Normal’ people aren’t allowed to browse and card payment only. Not sure how you stop people browsing...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 11:20:13 »

On my morning jog round the Town Gardens I was pleased to see the first beds of geraniums ( or is it pelargoniums?)  being planted out on the empty beds.

On the subject of geraniums, we bought a dozen or so from a small GC for the flower beds last summer. Must have been late October I hastily dug them up with my garden fork and roughly bedded them into big empty tubs and shut them in the un heated greenhouse. Net result is I trimmed all the leaves and die back, took precisely 27 cuttings and the trimmed ones are in ornamental tubs with the standard Fuscias which had the same treatment and the cuttings are waiting to go in the ground this weekend.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 14:53:12 »

Geraniums love a good chopping back. In the past we had regular two flowerings, odd occasion three.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 17:07:20 »

About to quench a mighty thirst.
The first beer in about 78 days 16 hours 14 minutes and 20 seconds.
Thank you to the Hop Kettle Brewery.

Now, how to operate a mini keg and whether to forgo the pint glass altogether.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Thursday, May 28, 2020, 17:16:23 »

About to quench a mighty thirst.
The first beer in about 78 days 16 hours 14 minutes and 20 seconds.
Thank you to the Hop Kettle Brewery.

Now, how to operate a mini keg and whether to forgo the pint glass altogether.  Hmmm

I fancy a 1970's Watneys pale ale....not sure if it exists anymore Pint

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:20:09 »

Not packing ahead of not setting off to Pembroke tomorrow for 6 or 7 days walking along the Pembrokeshire coast.

Making do with the allotments along the path behind Crowdys Hill school as the scenic view.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Valid Pint

« Reply #987 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:39:44 »

Not packing ahead of not setting off to Pembroke tomorrow for 6 or 7 days walking along the Pembrokeshire coast.

Making do with the allotments along the path behind Crowdys Hill school as the scenic view.
I am going to Pembrokeshire to get the ferry to Ireland.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:42:55 »

I've been further up coast to cardigan bay and it's stunning scenery everywhere

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 14:59:15 »

Stayed at St Dogmaels and visited Poppit Sands in the summer of 83. Good times. Stayed in Saundersfoot in 81.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: